Madden 10 help

C

cvg_crazy

im a huge madden fan and usually kick my friends *** in the game, lately though they have looked up plays that have been punching a huge whole in my defense. so what im seeking here in well rounded defense plays if anyone knows one and if anyone knows a great offense play that never fails that would be good to.

teams my friends play as: Chargers, Jets, Dolphins, Panthers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moved to Fantasy Football area.

I don't know about plays that never fails.

I play exclusively with GB, and always spread the field with 4 or 5 WRs. Use quick routes, or change to a running play if I see it's better to.

There's one play I really like. 5 wide. I have Jennings and Driver running a quick hitchs, Nelson and Jones, both lined at slot, running 10 yard corner out routes, and Finley, lined up as a wide TE, running a 10 yards post route.

It kills cover 2 plays. IF they cover man, I wait for one of my all-american WRs to beat the opponent (usually it's finley). And, if nobody's open, I simply run with Arod and slide...

I also tend to have a screen from that same formation as an audible, just in case.

It's great, specially in goal line.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
C

cvg_crazy

thank you for the help, i think im suppose to play each one of them this weekend so we'll see how it works.

wish i could get in on the Fantasy Football, just don't have the time sadly.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank you for the help, i think im suppose to play each one of them this weekend so we'll see how it works.

wish i could get in on the Fantasy Football, just don't have the time sadly.
I don't play much either, it's just that we put everything that's virtual football in here, be it games, or FF...

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I can help you with your madden defense, if you have a ps3 :) I'll show you a few things.

I only play like 3 or 4 different defense plays the key is the read the offense pre-snap. And to know your match-ups etc...

edit: as well, changing your defenders on the fly, is probably the most important part, each player can be changed, to deep zone, man-to man, blitz etc...And blitzing the right guy and dropping the right guy into coverage makes a huge difference. Also, learn how to play as the safety's, they are the most important players on the field in madden. I play as the SS all the time, if you can learn to time the "swat the Ball" feature, you can shut down half the field with a safety, and force a player to go to the other side where he might not be as comfortable throwing it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can help you with your madden defense, if you have a ps3 :) I'll show you a few things.

I only play like 3 or 4 different defense plays the key is the read the offense pre-snap. And to know your match-ups etc...

edit: as well, changing your defenders on the fly, is probably the most important part, each player can be changed, to deep zone, man-to man, blitz etc...And blitzing the right guy and dropping the right guy into coverage makes a huge difference. Also, learn how to play as the safety's, they are the most important players on the field in madden. I play as the SS all the time, if you can learn to time the "swat the Ball" feature, you can shut down half the field with a safety, and force a player to go to the other side where he might not be as comfortable throwing it.
Hmn. I always control the ILB. It almost makes running against you impossible, if you know how to play. I tend to play GB's 3-4. Cover 3 bread and butter, show blitz. It's great.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im a huge madden fan and usually kick my friends *** in the game, lately though they have looked up plays that have been punching a huge whole in my defense. so what im seeking here in well rounded defense plays if anyone knows one and if anyone knows a great offense play that never fails that would be good to.

teams my friends play as: Chargers, Jets, Dolphins, Panthers.

I've been using the JETS playbook with the Packers...they have all the plays the Packers have but there are a few more packages like the 4-6, and 1-5-5...as well as other plays in 3-4 formations that the Packers D doesn't have...It's all about penetration, gotta find where the GO2 Guy is, and take it away while sending pressure

Members online

Latest posts