1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Madden '06?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to see if anyone else out there was playing?
  2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well my budget is a little low right now, so I haven't gotten that game yet. In fact I'm still playing Madden 04 :-? But I would love to get that game, it looks great! Hey Ryan, how are the Pack doing in the season in Madden 06?
  3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Packers are kicking some tail. Then again it helps that I am calling the shots and making the arm whiffing tackles... er... I mean, making tackles.

Actaully I was wondering if anyone was playing because I can't seem to return a punt in that game. EVERY time I get the other team to punt (which is a lot because I am the man.. lol... not) My guys run down the field and look like they are going to block but end up standing there (EA got that part of the Packer right I guess lol) so I have to waive for a fair catch or get CRUSHED and cough up the ball. I know I pick return middle, left or right, not block so I don't understand why they don't freakin' block!

I was wondering what the deal was, if anyone else had that same problem.
  4. Core

Core Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Playing 06 and enjoying it, eventhough its very similar to 05. The Pack wasent cheated in the game as much as other teams, but I havent seen how they perform in a season without me controling them.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    EXACTLY....
  6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm playing and you have to choose punt return not punt block in order to get any blocking whatsoever. They've made that a lot more difficult. Returning kicks is easier though. Love the new QB controls.
  7. Core

Core Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem with punts.. I've tryed to put all my guys with decenet runblock on the specialteam and it seems to work in kickoffs. My main problem is to get the o-line to actually protect Favre. Too many times, they simply let the defender go right through. I've tryed to work with the a.i settings, but still they have problems. (even in season 2 where the o-line looks better in my game)
  8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow season 2 already, nice. I am in Franchise week 10 year 1. Glad I am not the only one with the punt problems though. If anyone has figured out something to help let us know!!

I am usually pretty good as far as getting the ball out if my guys mis a LB on a blitz but I know what you are talking about. That is really annoying, especially if they nail you on two plays back to back. Almost get a little controlling tossing going on when that happens. :)
  9. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well lets hope that if the game D for the Pack is decent, it transfers over to real life! A bad ST I could live with because we got Ryan (Longwell, not you from this forum, Ryan! :p). But what I wouldn't give to have a decent D this year. :pray:
  10. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is an awesome game, as madden usually is. I tired superstar a few times and probably will again sometime, but right now I'm about to go into the playoffs in my Packer franchise.

I love how there are a lot more better pass plays across the middle (or so it seems), except if you don't turn down the INT's...wow it could be a rough game.

A lot of players have been solid for me, but Kampman has been insane. He is really good for me in that game, he gets tons of sacks, does anyone else have this?
  11. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -2
    Anyone Playing Madden '06?

I stopped buying it after 2004. It was no longer a challenge so I wrote my own playbooks for offense and defense and never even came close to loosing another game. I am the Madden master!
  12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Hmm I might buy it today. How much is it? 29.99?
  13. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Kampman is pretty good for me too. I try to use hunt and let the cpu run Kampman but if you are getting good results with him I will try it as well.
  14. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    its 33.99 here at wal mart im gonna wait another two weeks for rosters to be finished cuz when i get madden i go roster nuts trying to make it identical with the packesr lol
  15. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Anyone Playing Madden '06?

I'm waiting for the new Xbox 360 then I will buy Madden 06 for that. But for now I am playing last years Madden on the PS2........I created a team that won the superbowl....Now on to year two!
  16. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've returned a few but typically need to fair catch. I hear you about the Packer blockers just standing there. How about kickoffs though? I take return middle and Terrence Murphy can get a score just about every game! I hope he shows that kind of explosiveness 4 real!
  17. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else notice how the O-Line absolutely cannot block on play action plays? If you are rolling out, typically you are fine but for the play action, drop straight back, get rid of the ball b/c a sack is about to happen!
  18. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ND you really really have to get the D sold on runs before the play action will work with the stock O line. I will run the single back counter then about two or so other runs out of the single back formation. I run the crap out of ahman before I try them, you're usually pretty safe then. Actually if you hot stick the right WR on play actions to a fly pattern he will pretty much take it to the house every time if they buy the run.

I will have to try the TM kick off returns up the middle. I haven't taken one back yet, usually make it to the 30-40 yd line region.
  19. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    OK, Ryan. I'll give that a shot. My play-action was terrible so I completely abandoned it. I'm not very good at balancing my attack. It's usually pass about 75%-Run 25%. That probably has something to do with it, eh? :D
  20. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I used to be about 95% pass. Last '05 and now '06 I have been trying to play a little more realistically, well unless I get pissed, and running the ball more. I have been using, like I said, a few of the one back plays, the counter and one other, a little jet that starts to the right, and it seems to have opened up a lot more of the game to me. Plus it's nice to have green run for 300 yards against the Viks :p. On that counter, if you beat the rolb and your we has a good block on the safety or cb you are taking it to the house most times. It's pretty sweet.
  21. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got 06' yesterday for 40 bucks on sale. I love it so far. I dont like that stupid passing cone too much but if you got a good QB like Favre the cone is pretty big so it dosent make much difference. I love to run the ball. Smash mouth up the gut. I have only play 2 games so far, but I like it.
  22. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What settings do you guys play on? I won the Superbowl with the packers under all-pro, with some AI changes (which isn't exactly EASY for me, but not hard) with 4 min quarters. It was fun, its just my D was always number 1 or up there, and I didn't exactly blow teams away but I always seemed to win pretty solidly if I really focused on it. I dunno, All-pro was a little easy at times, and All-madden sometimes gets frusterating. I find it fun when you play tough hard to win games, and lose the odd one against solid teams and blowout a team maybe once in a while, but for the most part is a bit of a challenge.

I found a site with settings/sliders that seem pretty good though and with 11 min quarters with the accelerated clock. It is more of an offensive game, and I might just stay on all-pro and give the CPU some advantages, mainly on the run game.

Probably start one up as the pack again and make a big trade for a star DB or LB or something though 8)

Anyways, no real point in this post, but I'm just curious what settings other people here use?
  23. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

all-pro is the way to go for me...the madden setting makes me break stuff. although i know quite a few people who will argue to death that thats the only way to play. it's quite possible that i suck.
  24. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Haha I'm sure you don't suck, all-pro isn't easy really. I think I'm pretty good at it, but some people are just unreal. I'll probably try all-pro with changed/different sliders and the same with all-madden with just random exhibition games or something and see what works best.
  25. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

All Pro is what I've played. Haven't had the balls to play All Madden in a long long time. I used to be able to whip up on AM when I was in high school wasting hours of my life away on the game :)