LSU vs Alabama

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im a diehard Tigers fan and im curious if some of you here think LSU wins this game? Ive been worried sick about it, lol

How do some of you here see this game playing out?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't see LSU winning it, because it's in Tuscaloosa, and Alabama's got the offense that LSU lacks in the passing game.

I'm already nervous as hell over this game

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking LSU this whole time but the media seems to be completely against me. I think outside of the run game Alabama offense isn't good enough to score on a very tough Tiger defense, and without a overly dominant pass game LSU should be able to contain (atleast as much as can be done) Trent Richardson. Problem with that is Alabama also has a very stout defense and it will be hard for them to score as well, in a battle of very tough defenses I'm going with the more athletic Tigers.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Alabama should have won this ****ing game, but they decided "oh let's not miss 1, let's miss 2, 3, and 4 field goals! Let's drop passes and **** around in the 4th quarter. Hey let's give the community something to ***** about for the next 3 months like when we blew a 24-0 lead against Auburn. Let's totally crush the dreams of everyone that has been wanting us to go to the National Championship again!"

I am so disappointed and pissed right now. Alabama had this game won and in typical fashion since last year, **** around in the 4th quarter when you should be winning it.

Oh I forgot, they also let that scum bag Jefferson drive around them in the 4th quarter, a quarterback whom I hate with a passion after he kicked someone's teeth out in a bar parking lot (and he should still be suspended)

Trent Richardson dropping passes in OT was a big mistake

Not to mention, that interception at the 1 yard line, WAS ******** and should have been a complete pass, but I'm not going to blame the game sole on that.

When you miss 4 ****ing field goals, you're a loser, simple as that.

Luckily I'm sitting in front of a computer screen about to take my frustrations out on some Starcraft games, or other wise I'd be on a rampage that ******* kicker that misses 4 field goals. Why couldn't you just make 1 of them? YOU BLEW THE ******* GAME!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If LSU and Alabama played 10 times, each team would have 5 wins.

Both teams showed why they have the best defenses in the country. Bama is a great team, however, so is LSU.

I think two of those FGs were on Saban (the two over 50+ yards) - Both defenses were playing lights out - You punt there and pin the other team deep and play the field position game. Saban was a bit too hard up to try and get 3 points on two of those missed kicks. Bama or LSUs offenses couldnt move the ball 80+ yards all night......So yeah, you kick there and play the field position battle.

That game was about defense. Both defenses shut the other offense down. In a game like this, you better damn sure have good special teams and Bama didnt. I knew LSU would have the kicking game advantage going into it.

Anyway - Kudos to Bama. Their defense is the real deal, however, so is LSUs. That was a battle of two top notch programs with mean as hell defenses.

Now the question is - Will there be a rematch? Assuming both teams run the table from here on out. Bama has the tougher road of the two though. They play @ Auburn.

GEAUX TIGERS!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If LSU and Alabama played 10 times, each team would have 5 wins.

Both teams showed why they have the best defenses in the country. Bama is a great team, however, so is LSU.

I think two of those FGs were on Saban (the two over 50+ yards) - Both defenses were playing lights out - You punt there and pin the other team deep and play the field position game. Saban was a bit too hard up to try and get 3 points on two of those missed kicks. Bama or LSUs offenses couldnt move the ball 80+ yards all night......So yeah, you kick there and play the field position battle.

That game was about defense. Both defenses shut the other offense down. In a game like this, you better damn sure have good special teams and Bama didnt. I knew LSU would have the kicking game advantage going into it.

Anyway - Kudos to Bama. Their defense is the real deal, however, so is LSUs. That was a battle of two top notch programs with mean as hell defenses.

Now the question is - Will there be a rematch? Assuming both teams run the table from here on out. Bama has the tougher road of the two though. They play @ Auburn.

GEAUX TIGERS!

Taking time to think about it, I think Alabama lost this game not just on the field goals but the coaching.

It reminded me of when they blew a 24 point lead against Auburn in the second half last year, and that was downright the worst game I have ever had to sit there. I didn't want to watch another TV, read another newspaper, or get on the computer after they let Newton shred them and blow a 24-0 lead, but this game had some huge problems.

I don't know what it is, but like the Auburn game last year, it's like they just give up when they are physically challenged late in a game. Richardson dropped a huge first down in OT that could have helped, but there were also other huge dropped passes that I am not mentioning, cause it all falls under the category of bad play calling.

The play calling is a good one.

Nick Saban kept trying to run it when they were stopping them. So why did he keep going for a run on 2nd and long? Then telling McCarron to throw the ball on 3rd and 10+, when you desperately need a first down? They did pretty good most of the game throwing the ball, but they would totally stop and go run, run, run like the ******* Jets do in the NFL, and I was shaking my head the whole time.

When they drove down the field and threw a pick on a total BS call, I knew they were going to lose....Also the field goals, I'm just curious why he didn't go for it after the first 2 blocks. I mean, what the hell, you know he just missed 2 field goals, if you want to give them the ball back at this field position just go for it on 4th down and try to do something. You know your kicker sucks, so just punt it deep, or better yet go for it.

But back to that interception, even if I'm wrong about it being a BS call, if I could ask the coaching staff one question tonight it would be "Why do a stupid wild cat play after such a successful drive running the ball with short passes?" That just sticks out like a sore thumb, not to mention a guy was open that he could have threw the ball to, but most of all, they could have scored on that drive without a stupid useless wild cat play.

Oh yeah WTF was he thinking putting an injured guy in to return that punt that resulted in a 70 yard punt? That was HUGE and cost them big time.

Then 52 seconds on the clock, 2 time outs, and he just runs the clock out.

Saban got out coached, and that's what won it. Just watching this game made me sick to my stomach, 4 missed field goals, give me a bottle of gin. Alabama has such great players that are going to be top draft picks in the NFL, but one thing they don't have is a kicker, now that is sad, just like Nick Saban's play calling tonight.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm going to be a better loser and admit, LSU deserved to win this game, after we miss 4 field goals. Crushing blow to my national championship dreams, but as long as they beat Auburn, that will at least give me some joy. I do have to thank the LSU by the way for putting a beating on Auburn. Huge disappointment, but oh god they better not plan on ******** up against Auburn, we gotta make up for blowing it against Newton last year, that's all that matters anymore now that we're 8-1, just give Auburn a good *** beating.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whats up with Saban? The dude supposedly has a lot of accolades and is known as a great coach...but since their national title, Bama has lost some pretty big prime time matchups vs top notch SEC teams.

I read where the local pundits at Tuscaloosa are bashing him after the game. Going as far as to say that hes been outcoached in important games since their title year.

And yes, Bama will wax Auburn if that LSU beating on Auburn is of any indication. LSU and Bama are more or less mirror images of each other.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Alabama should have won this ******* game, but they decided "oh let's not miss 1, let's miss 2, 3, and 4 field goals! Let's drop passes and **** around in the 4th quarter. Hey let's give the community something to ***** about for the next 3 months like when we blew a 24-0 lead against Auburn. Let's totally crush the dreams of everyone that has been wanting us to go to the National Championship again!"

I am so disappointed and pissed right now. Alabama had this game won and in typical fashion since last year, **** around in the 4th quarter when you should be winning it.

Oh I forgot, they also let that scum bag Jefferson drive around them in the 4th quarter, a quarterback whom I hate with a passion after he kicked someone's teeth out in a bar parking lot (and he should still be suspended)

Trent Richardson dropping passes in OT was a big mistake

Not to mention, that interception at the 1 yard line, WAS ******** and should have been a complete pass, but I'm not going to blame the game sole on that.

When you miss 4 ******* field goals, you're a loser, simple as that.

Luckily I'm sitting in front of a computer screen about to take my frustrations out on some Starcraft games, or other wise I'd be on a rampage that ******* kicker that misses 4 field goals. Why couldn't you just make 1 of them? YOU BLEW THE ******* GAME!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

That was rough. The missed FGs. Alabama should have won this game.

I also thought that was a complete pass at the 1 yard line.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That was rough. The missed FGs. Alabama should have won this game.

I also thought that was a complete pass at the 1 yard line.

Yeah true, but it was too many blown opportunities in this game. Should have went for it instead of kicking field goals after the 2nd miss, cause he knew he wasn't going to make it.
I don't think they were thinking about giving LSU good field position, they actually thought if they kept trying to kick he'd eventually make them I guess, just don't seem right to me.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That game was honestly so evenly matched that it was both teams game to lose.

If LSU and Bama played 10 times, each team would have 5 wins.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts