Loving watching the bear fans HATE GB winning SB

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
You know what would be funny?
Packers and Bears face each other again next year in the playoffs. Packers win again!
Or
Somehow things get switched around, the Bears end up in the AFC. Play the Packers in the Superbowl. Packers win!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a lot of bears stuff around before the NFC championship, but only one or two folks after... I wonder what bridge they all jumped off of?

oooooh I can't WAIT until I see the dude from somewhere in my neighbourhood who's pimped out his car with bears logos all over it... I hope I'm wearing my Packer jersey that day...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I have a few guests from Chicago that wore a Bears hat constantly. I never once tried to start a conversation for the sake of my job. After the NFC Championship game, they told me not to speak to them, and I just gave them a smile. Its all you can do not to be rude.

And thinking of all those young Bears fans, they never seen their team win a Super Bowl. Ha.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a lot of bears stuff around before the NFC championship, but only one or two folks after... I wonder what bridge they all jumped off of?

oooooh I can't WAIT until I see the dude from somewhere in my neighbourhood who's pimped out his car with bears logos all over it... I hope I'm wearing my Packer jersey that day...

He keeps those logos on his car so he can park in the handicapped spaces.

:chisux:

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Half my close family are Bears fans, and they are in pure denial about the Packers winning the superbowl. Very comical actually, and telling me how much Rodgers sucks as a QB, and how Matthews is on roids. Ahh maybe next Bear fans oh wait!!! Haha won't happen anytime soon!

RockHammerer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans just have no class, of course they exist for all teams but they seem to be concentrated in Northern Illinois especially.:chisux:

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He keeps those logos on his car so he can park in the handicapped spaces.

:chisux:

I still remember the one and only conversation I had with that guy, at a 7-11 a couple days after the Bears lost to the Colts in the Super Bowl:

"So, how 'bout Rex Grossman?"

*no response*

I admire him for his hardcore passion, but laugh at him for his team choice.

PackersNumber12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't get on any other teams forums....I would be on the computer all day, talking back to all there stupid trash talk and excuses

All I need to do is stay here, and know that every other team and fans out there are in envy of us

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing- never let the facts get in the way of a good story. People can say the stars aligned for the Packers all on that one weekend, but the fact is we were prepared to capitalize on it, and we did. We did our jobs, and the work we put in this season allowed us to make the playoffs.

Let's examine that Giants/Eagles game a little further. Even if Jackson didn't make that miraculous kick return for a touch down, there's no guarantee the Giants would have won that game as the Giants were kicking for over time. Jackson saw to it there was no over time.

Even with the loss, the Giants still had a chance to knock us out and let themselves in by beating us.

Even if the Giants managed to beat Philly, GB still makes the playoffs as we had the head to head tie breaker over them.

We can look at Tampa Bay and see a couple of instances where they could have done their jobs and made the playoffs. One was a late fumble against Atlanta that cost them the game. Another was to home loss to Detroit. If either of those things change, they make the playoffs and we don't.

I know it's easy to get caught up in the "If" game, but the fact is we took advantage of the opportunities afforded to us and the other teams didn't. We won the Super Bowl. I'm not going to apologize for it.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
A far as the "What if's" when it comes to Tampa Bay, they got swept by Atlanta, and had dropped an early divisional game vs New Orleans. We had a better divisional record than them if I remember correctly.

Part of the reason the NFC South was so good this season was playing the NFC Worst (AKA NFC West) and having to cut 2 easy games form the AFC North, which were the Bengals and Browns. Even the Panthers who were 2-14 got their double wins from 2 west teams (San Francisco and Arizona)

All that time the media was kissing Atlanta's ***, just look at their schedule. Any division team winner in the NFC could have been 13-3 with that schedule. The Saints had the almost exact schedule as them, and I thought they should have done better coming off of a Super Bowl win.

Had Tampa Bay made it as a Wild Card, it would have sucked for the NFL to see how the South just would dominate.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I think it's safe to say Tampa's record was more indicative of playing a favorable schedule than actually being good, the fact is teams can only play the schedule in front of them. They have little control over their schedule, same as we do.

That said, their favorable schedule is also why we won the strength of opponent tie breaker over them. We had the same regular season record, the same conference record and the same non-conference record. The difference was the quality of the teams we beat vs. the teams they beat. Not a single win they had came against a team with a winning record, while several of ours did.

What's funny is, if we just pulled it together for one of those friggin games we dropped, we wouldn't even be talking about this. Make that damn kick against the Redskins, catch the damn ball vs. the Lions or don't commit 18 penalties and fumble the ball against the Bears, and we're in without the need of tie breakers. Hell, just hold Atlanta deep and force over time and we even have a shot to win that one.

Eh well. We won the Super Bowl. In hindsight, I wouldn't do anything over again.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-njigrrF8Rk]YouTube - Tourettes Guy - Like Father Like Son[/ame]

I wonder if this is how a Bears fan and a Packer fan react to one another after the NFC Title game (The part where all the F yous come in.

css9450

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans are just like Cubs fans. They've got the big game already won in their minds. Super Bowl Champs. World Series Champs. They don't see it any other way. Then the game gets played and the teams are exposed as a house of cards, for all the world to see... And then they claim the other team got "lucky", or there were "bad calls" made, or it was a "fake" World Series... I've heard 'em all.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
My favorite was a Bears fans trying to get our goats by showing a pic of a Bears NFCN Championship tee

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
My reply

I'll see your division champ tee shirt, and raise you a
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

[/quote]

His reply to that one...
I fold.......

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET_5cx02Bwg&feature=related"]YouTube - SNL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DA BEARS PART 2 REAL WITH CHRIS FARLEY N DA SUPER FANS FROM SNL FUNNY[/ame]
part 2

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooo5V_FrTwQ&feature=related"]YouTube - SNL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DA BEARS PART 3 REAL WITH CHRIS FARLEY N DA SUPER FANS FROM SNL FUNNY[/ame]
part 3

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWn57KonSiA&feature=related"]YouTube - SNL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DA BEARS PART 4 REAL WITH CHRIS FARLEY N DA SUPER FANS FROM SNL FUNNY[/ame]
part 4

C

Crefan

A friend of mine who's a die hard Bears fan text'd me right after the Superbowl and said-

"That game was a fluke if they played a real team like the NFC north champs they wouldn't stand a chance"

I didn't know how to respond.

Exactly......:shok:

The silly things that come out of a Bear fans mouth.:D

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I made this video a while back and put it on youtube to see how the Bears fans would react at it. Guess it wasn't nice LMAO.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvmWxitlcLY]YouTube - Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers 2011 Highlights[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts