1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Loving watching the bear fans HATE GB winning SB

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greenbayphil, Feb 10, 2011.

1. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491 / 0 / -0
    :rotfl: :rotfl:
  2. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I saw a lot of bears stuff around before the NFC championship, but only one or two folks after... I wonder what bridge they all jumped off of?

oooooh I can't WAIT until I see the dude from somewhere in my neighbourhood who's pimped out his car with bears logos all over it... I hope I'm wearing my Packer jersey that day...
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +382 / 2 / -0
    I have a few guests from Chicago that wore a Bears hat constantly. I never once tried to start a conversation for the sake of my job. After the NFC Championship game, they told me not to speak to them, and I just gave them a smile. Its all you can do not to be rude.

And thinking of all those young Bears fans, they never seen their team win a Super Bowl. Ha.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    He keeps those logos on his car so he can park in the handicapped spaces.

:chisux:
    • Like Like x 3
  5. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35 / 3 / -4
    Half my close family are Bears fans, and they are in pure denial about the Packers winning the superbowl. Very comical actually, and telling me how much Rodgers sucks as a QB, and how Matthews is on roids. Ahh maybe next Bear fans oh wait!!! Haha won't happen anytime soon!
  6. RockHammerer

RockHammerer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Some fans just have no class, of course they exist for all teams but they seem to be concentrated in Northern Illinois especially.:chisux:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I still remember the one and only conversation I had with that guy, at a 7-11 a couple days after the Bears lost to the Colts in the Super Bowl:

"So, how 'bout Rex Grossman?"

*no response*

I admire him for his hardcore passion, but laugh at him for his team choice.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PackersNumber12

PackersNumber12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I can't get on any other teams forums....I would be on the computer all day, talking back to all there stupid trash talk and excuses

All I need to do is stay here, and know that every other team and fans out there are in envy of us
  9. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 23 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    whats the difference between a dollar and jay cutler? you can get 4 quarters out of a dollar
    • Like Like x 3
  10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Here's the thing- never let the facts get in the way of a good story. People can say the stars aligned for the Packers all on that one weekend, but the fact is we were prepared to capitalize on it, and we did. We did our jobs, and the work we put in this season allowed us to make the playoffs.

Let's examine that Giants/Eagles game a little further. Even if Jackson didn't make that miraculous kick return for a touch down, there's no guarantee the Giants would have won that game as the Giants were kicking for over time. Jackson saw to it there was no over time.

Even with the loss, the Giants still had a chance to knock us out and let themselves in by beating us.

Even if the Giants managed to beat Philly, GB still makes the playoffs as we had the head to head tie breaker over them.

We can look at Tampa Bay and see a couple of instances where they could have done their jobs and made the playoffs. One was a late fumble against Atlanta that cost them the game. Another was to home loss to Detroit. If either of those things change, they make the playoffs and we don't.

I know it's easy to get caught up in the "If" game, but the fact is we took advantage of the opportunities afforded to us and the other teams didn't. We won the Super Bowl. I'm not going to apologize for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    A far as the "What if's" when it comes to Tampa Bay, they got swept by Atlanta, and had dropped an early divisional game vs New Orleans. We had a better divisional record than them if I remember correctly.

Part of the reason the NFC South was so good this season was playing the NFC Worst (AKA NFC West) and having to cut 2 easy games form the AFC North, which were the Bengals and Browns. Even the Panthers who were 2-14 got their double wins from 2 west teams (San Francisco and Arizona)

All that time the media was kissing Atlanta's ***, just look at their schedule. Any division team winner in the NFC could have been 13-3 with that schedule. The Saints had the almost exact schedule as them, and I thought they should have done better coming off of a Super Bowl win.

Had Tampa Bay made it as a Wild Card, it would have sucked for the NFL to see how the South just would dominate.
  12. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    While I think it's safe to say Tampa's record was more indicative of playing a favorable schedule than actually being good, the fact is teams can only play the schedule in front of them. They have little control over their schedule, same as we do.

That said, their favorable schedule is also why we won the strength of opponent tie breaker over them. We had the same regular season record, the same conference record and the same non-conference record. The difference was the quality of the teams we beat vs. the teams they beat. Not a single win they had came against a team with a winning record, while several of ours did.

What's funny is, if we just pulled it together for one of those friggin games we dropped, we wouldn't even be talking about this. Make that damn kick against the Redskins, catch the damn ball vs. the Lions or don't commit 18 penalties and fumble the ball against the Bears, and we're in without the need of tie breakers. Hell, just hold Atlanta deep and force over time and we even have a shot to win that one.

Eh well. We won the Super Bowl. In hindsight, I wouldn't do anything over again.
  13. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-njigrrF8Rk]YouTube - Tourettes Guy - Like Father Like Son[/ame]

I wonder if this is how a Bears fan and a Packer fan react to one another after the NFC Title game (The part where all the F yous come in.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. css9450

css9450 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Bears fans are just like Cubs fans. They've got the big game already won in their minds. Super Bowl Champs. World Series Champs. They don't see it any other way. Then the game gets played and the teams are exposed as a house of cards, for all the world to see... And then they claim the other team got "lucky", or there were "bad calls" made, or it was a "fake" World Series... I've heard 'em all.
  15. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +442 / 3 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    My favorite was a Bears fans trying to get our goats by showing a pic of a Bears NFCN Championship tee

My reply

I'll see your division champ tee shirt, and raise you a
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]

His reply to that one...
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Anyone remember those SNL skits Chris Farley used to do that made fun of Bears fans?
    • Like Like x 3
  17. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +442 / 3 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Or Dan Ackroid doing "Da Bears"?
  18. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 23 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IYkb5KZzzs"]YouTube - SNL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DA BEARS PART 1 REAL WITH CHRIS FARLEY N DA SUPER FANS FROM SNL FUNNY[/ame]
    part 1
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 23 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET_5cx02Bwg&feature=related"]YouTube - SNL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DA BEARS PART 2 REAL WITH CHRIS FARLEY N DA SUPER FANS FROM SNL FUNNY[/ame]
    part 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 23 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooo5V_FrTwQ&feature=related"]YouTube - SNL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DA BEARS PART 3 REAL WITH CHRIS FARLEY N DA SUPER FANS FROM SNL FUNNY[/ame]
    part 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 23 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWn57KonSiA&feature=related"]YouTube - SNL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DA BEARS PART 4 REAL WITH CHRIS FARLEY N DA SUPER FANS FROM SNL FUNNY[/ame]
    part 4
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    chris farley is so sexy :)
  23. Crefan

Crefan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactly......:shok:

The silly things that come out of a Bear fans mouth.:D
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I made this video a while back and put it on youtube to see how the Bears fans would react at it. Guess it wasn't nice LMAO.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvmWxitlcLY]YouTube - Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers 2011 Highlights[/ame]
    • Like Like x 2
  25. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +694 / 16 / -0
    Great, Bogie. But, you know, they had nothing to play for in that game. Apparently they had nothing to play for in the NFC Championship game as well.
    • Like Like x 3