Looks like they will still be the Minnesota Vikings

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda hard without a winning season in this century...

But wait one season and they'll show up. Every fanbase has them. I've already seen some talk of how the Lions could go 16-0 this season.

Lol, remember kitnas promise?

Seriously, they must have one of the smallest fan bases in the NFL.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank you!

The minnesota vikings leaving would be absolutely deflating to our division and rivalry. Both teams have been competative with eachother and the rivalry is one of the best ever.

I know we don't have the titles you have but i'm proud of the history of my team...and i will be a viking forever. Older more down to earth packer fans will understand where i'm coming from.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is it a good rivalry when we always win in the end?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the rivalry of the 2000's in the division. Could even say it was the rivalry of the 90's, but I would check that to Packers x Lions, or even Packers x Bucs.

BTW, has there ever been an instance where the Packers weren't one of the compontents of the biggest rivalry in the division? Has the Vikings x Bears, Lions x Vikings or Bears x Lions ever been bigger than Packers x someone? Even in the 80's where we sucked Packers Bears was the biggest rivalry, with the hit list and whatnot.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Just by trying to speak in the same level Vikings fans are cocky.

There's no comparison between franchises. None whatsoever. One has a bright past and an equally bright future. The other never won anything, except for an NFL championship in 1970, but ended up losing the Super Bowl anyway.

Packers fans have holier than thou attitude because they can.
So I'm cocky because I speak on the same level as Packer fans? Funny, I would guess that you have seen 2 starting QB's for the Packers since you started following them. I would bet that you were not around for the glorious Packer years during the 70's and 80's. Younger Packer fans have a greater then thou attitude because they don't know what it's like to know were or who the next QB is going to be. From 1968 to 1992 the Packers made the playoffs exactly twice. You young guys read about things like Dan Devine being run out of town, the John Hadl trade, until the Walker trade it was known as the worst trade in NFL history. Some of us Viking fans remember these things because we were around to witness them. Things like Lombardi not to hot on playing one extra game after winning the NFL Championship in 1966. Those things aren't always in the history books, but they sure were on the news at the time. Trust me, in the 70's and 80's Packer fans weren't to cocky. They were pretty humble. I think maybe it had to do with the three winning seasons they had during those years. 3 winning seasons out of 24. The glory years they weren't.

Before fans gets to cocky they need to remember that all teams have highs and lows. And while your team may be on a high now, the lows are coming.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Raptorman has it right. Perhaps many of us are too young to know what it is like to root for a losing team. I was a young adult through the horrible seasons of the 80s and was old enough to remember the miserable 70s. I recall finishing the year 5-11 yet celebrating that at least we beat the Bears 6 to 3. That was the only thing positive for an entire season! Looking back on this, I see that it was pathetic. As such, I consider the current situation of having won the Super Bowl AND having a bright potential future as being extremely fortunate.

Let's be humble enough to realize that good fortune comes and goes- perhaps even with a single injury (read: Joe Theismann...). And let's be respectful enough to be good hosts for our guests- at least for those who show us the same.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better that our brothers next state over have a team instead of Los Couldntcareless.

I hate the Vikings as much as anyone, but it would've been sad if they left. Optimus Prime needs Megatron, GI JOE needs Cobra, and the Green Bay Packers need the Vikings.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I propose for the Mods to add a second button for us to use.

You know how on the right side we have a "like" button? I propose we have a "ignore" button for the queenie trolls who come here .

Ignore them, and they will go away, slinking back to that second place state, with their second place stadium to cheer for their second place team.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Let's be humble enough to realize that good fortune comes and goes- perhaps even with a single injury (read: Joe Theismann...). And let's be respectful enough to be good hosts for our guests- at least for those who show us the same.

Why did you have to put the angel on my Shoulder while the devil on the other shoulder was having SO much fun? I too remember the lean years and, although was still a loyal fan, didn't caw quite so loudly at the other crows. I like the idea of returning the same level of respect given by our visitors - emphasis on SAME level.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raptorman has it right. Perhaps many of us are too young to know what it is like to root for a losing team. I was a young adult through the horrible seasons of the 80s and was old enough to remember the miserable 70s. I recall finishing the year 5-11 yet celebrating that at least we beat the Bears 6 to 3. That was the only thing positive for an entire season! Looking back on this, I see that it was pathetic. As such, I consider the current situation of having won the Super Bowl AND having a bright potential future as being extremely fortunate.

Well said PFanCan. I think sometimes the elation following a SB win can go to our heads. Remember all the dark days/years we've been through to get to this point. Perhaps those dark days make winning the SB all the more sweeter. Sometimes you have to lose to appreciate how it feels to win.

Raptorman and Vikeman make good points too. Can you imagine how we would feel if the Packers ever left Green Bay? Not saying it's even possible, but just imagine hypothetically and put yourself where they stand. Sometimes you have to empathize with your enemy to know where they are coming from and you will understand them better. The Vikings are to them as the Packers are to us. They are their team. Believe it or not, as much as I've loathed the Vikings, and that's nothing personal, it's division rivalry, I would have missed them if they were gone. I'd miss the rivalry and everything that went with it. That's part of the spirit that gives football its passion. You have to admit that though we may loathe them, they get our blood going. It's what makes football interesting. We can hate on them all we want, but at least they are around to hate on!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I propose for the Mods to add a second button for us to use.

You know how on the right side we have a "like" button? I propose we have a "ignore" button for the queenie trolls who come here .

Ignore them, and they will go away, slinking back to that second place state, with their second place stadium to cheer for their second place team.

There is an ignore button/ feature if somebody gets under your skin that bad. Click on "edit profile" (upper right hand corner) to open your User Control Panel. On left side bar, under settings and options, click "edit Ignore list". Just enter the username of the offending individual into your ignore list and you won't be bothered by what they are posting because you won't see the context of their post.

I want to say something here in regards to these particular Vikings fans (Raptorman and Vikeman) being trolls. I personally would NOT classify them as trolls. To me, especially Raptorman, they have never presented themselves in a manner where I would consider them trolls. Sure they are a fan of a rival team, but that does not yield justice to label them as trolls. Do any of you recall last season some of the real Viking trolls we had on here? The comparison is quite astounding. I don't often stick up for "the enemy", but in this instance I will. I think these guys bring forth some good discussion while making many good points. Maybe we should try to live up to the image of Packers fans being some of the classiest fans in the league.

Please nobody throw tomatoes at me for saying all this, I just think we should be thankful we have "kinder, gentler" Vikings fans here as opposed to the hard core trolls.

V

Vikeman

Solid posts from solid fans....this is exactly how a sports forum should be....not juvenile rants about me or raptorman being trolls...cause we are not...we are the furthest thing from it.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Shifting the Vikings to the NFC West and moving the Rams to the North just would't feel right. I want the Vikes to stay but would prefer that they not get a shiny, new stadium.

Also, putting the stadium in Arden Hills would cost the state more than just the money for the stadium, it would have to put $240 million worth of infrastructure around the stadium. Most Minnesotans are not in favor of subsidizing the stadium, especially after forking over cash for TCF Bank Stadium and Target Field. Not only that, but I believe Zygi stands to gain a ton from this deal because he owns lots of undeveloped land in the area. So not only would he get all the revenue from the new stadium, but he would gain even more from all the restaurants and hotels he could put near the field.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well said PFanCan. I think sometimes the elation following a SB win can go to our heads. Remember all the dark days/years we've been through to get to this point. Perhaps those dark days make winning the SB all the more sweeter. Sometimes you have to lose to appreciate how it feels to win.

Raptorman and Vikeman make good points too. Can you imagine how we would feel if the Packers ever left Green Bay? Not saying it's even possible, but just imagine hypothetically and put yourself where they stand. Sometimes you have to empathize with your enemy to know where they are coming from and you will understand them better. The Vikings are to them as the Packers are to us. They are their team. Believe it or not, as much as I've loathed the Vikings, and that's nothing personal, it's division rivalry, I would have missed them if they were gone. I'd miss the rivalry and everything that went with it. That's part of the spirit that gives football its passion. You have to admit that though we may loathe them, they get our blood going. It's what makes football interesting. We can hate on them all we want, but at least they are around to hate on!
While not probable in the least there is a way Green Bay could lose the Packers. I wish I had a link or even a copy of the story but I can not find it anymore. In short it has to do with the NFL disbanding a team that is not profitable(Something I don't ever see happening with the Packers.) and then re-establishing it somewhere else. Like I said, not likely to ever happen but he language is in the NFL rules somewhere. And hell, I would hate to see any of the 4 NFL Central teams move or disband.

L

Lunchboxer

Thats the best news I heard all day.

I dont want to replace the Vikings with the Crappy Rams. If that happen the only two teams that have a legit shot at winning are the Packers and the Bears.

Lions they will perform crappy.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I'm cocky because I speak on the same level as Packer fans? Funny, I would guess that you have seen 2 starting QB's for the Packers since you started following them. I would bet that you were not around for the glorious Packer years during the 70's and 80's. Younger Packer fans have a greater then thou attitude because they don't know what it's like to know were or who the next QB is going to be. From 1968 to 1992 the Packers made the playoffs exactly twice. You young guys read about things like Dan Devine being run out of town, the John Hadl trade, until the Walker trade it was known as the worst trade in NFL history. Some of us Viking fans remember these things because we were around to witness them. Things like Lombardi not to hot on playing one extra game after winning the NFL Championship in 1966. Those things aren't always in the history books, but they sure were on the news at the time. Trust me, in the 70's and 80's Packer fans weren't to cocky. They were pretty humble. I think maybe it had to do with the three winning seasons they had during those years. 3 winning seasons out of 24. The glory years they weren't.

Before fans gets to cocky they need to remember that all teams have highs and lows. And while your team may be on a high now, the lows are coming.

Well, I find it funny how Viking fans make out like the Pack being poor in the 70's and 80's is something to rib us about when they're being their cockiest. But by my analysis, if they proceed to leave out the Packers' 60's they should leave out the Vikings' 70's. If you start with 1977 thru 2010, the Vikings have won FOUR more games than the Packers. How is this possible? Not to mention that the Packers have been to five NFCCG's, won three, and won two Super Bowls, while the Vikings have gone 0-5 in NFCCG's. Yet are cocky as hell when they get two games over .500 and break ground on a Lombardi Trophy Annex at Winter Park.

If one feels compelled to go back to include respective hey day's, back to 1961, the Packers and Vikings are virtually even in record as well, with MN winning five more than the Pack while the Packers have won seven championships and the Vikings zero (unless they stoop to the slight of hand in 1969, as if losing your last game and a coveted trophy going to another team can be ignored). Yet Viking fans swing their brass balls like they've got a reason to. Making the playoffs without winning much of anything where it matters, being the best at championship futility isn't much cause to be mind boggling abbrasive since are tied with the humble lions where it counts.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I remember all those lean years, but I was as brass-balz about my team then as now. True enough, it was a successful season to beat the Bears. But it's like that in alot of football towns. Not many have experienced the domination of the league like the Packers over the years. I was always okay with that. You just knew the Packers would rise up eventually. See... that's what a "fan" is. There just wasn't an internet to blast Bears and Vikings fans, they didn't live in Milwaukee but if you ran into one, well, all hell could break loose.
I think the best part of the NFL is the history. It's okay they bring in new teams (Tampa Bay) and it was a good rivalry for a bit (remember how pathetic THEY were?) but I hate it when they change things up. I'm happy to see Minnysoda stay. I really think the rivalries are the best part of the game. I am STILL relishing the NFCCG!!!
As for trolls, I am pleased with how it's handled here. Mods keep track of this stuff and if someone is over the top they get rid of them. Like I said, we didn't have internet in the old days and enjoy reading the crap from the new kids who don't know any better. Hey, I WAS one of those kids in the 60's and 70's who didn't know any better, that's why I'm still a fan.
I really have to wonder though, and am looking forward to seeing - what the heck are Lions fans gonna be like? One could hardly blame them for spouting off if they suddenly find themselves among the rest of the NFC North. The truth lies in the fact that we will lose these old Vikings fans and they will be replaced with Lions fans since the Vikings are the new Lions.
Let's be honest folks, we've hated the Bears and Vikings because they've been good football clubs and stop our team from success. I've never hated their fan base though, I wanna buy the Vikings fans a little one-scoop ice cream cone and a double-scoop poop cone for the Bears' fans because Vikings fans are like little kids, dazzled at the new toy and ignorant of the big picture and the Bears fans because they root for that team and should know better and root for the Packers. They even did it in 1996. Trust me, it's true.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
While not probable in the least there is a way Green Bay could lose the Packers. I wish I had a link or even a copy of the story but I can not find it anymore. In short it has to do with the NFL disbanding a team that is not profitable(Something I don't ever see happening with the Packers.) and then re-establishing it somewhere else. Like I said, not likely to ever happen but he language is in the NFL rules somewhere. And hell, I would hate to see any of the 4 NFL Central teams move or disband.

I don't believe this is correct. I think, according to the Original Charter of the Green Bay Packers, if the team went defunct all of its assests were liquidated and given to the American Legion. In 1997 shareholders changed that to the Green Bay Packer foundation. They are a Non-profit community owned franchise. As it exists the organization is actually "outside" of NFL corporate rules when it comes to NFL control of the organization. It's the only team in the league that has such status. So by charter and by an NFL exception the Packers are exempt from ever being moved unless the majority of shareholders approve.

Members online

Latest posts