Looks like they will still be the Minnesota Vikings

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No fanbase deserves a team less. They MAY be able to postpone the inevitable but it will happen sooner or later. I guess much later if they actually get a new stadium..

V

Vikeman

NFC North wouldn't be the same with them gone.

Thank you!

The Minnesota Vikings leaving would be absolutely deflating to our division and rivalry. Both teams have been competative with eachother and the rivalry is one of the best ever.

I know we don't have the titles you have but I'm proud of the history of my team...and I will be a Viking forever. Older more down to earth Packer fans will understand where I'm coming from.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
The Lions is that one wimpy kid who trys too hard. Bears are that guy who lives in the past. Vikings try to succeed but do it in a fashion that everyone knew was gonna fail besides them.

V

Vikeman

The Lions is that one wimpy kid who trys too hard. Bears are that guy who lives in the past. Vikings try to succeed but do it in a fashion that everyone knew was gonna fail besides them.

Hey Hey Hey....We were 1969 NFL champions!!! I'm gonna go buy the hat!

:happy0005:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I am glad that the MIN Vikes will be staying in the NFC North. As much as I like to hate them, it's been a good rivalry and it would be sad to throw away the history that is being built between us and them.

Besides, who else would take all our cast-offs?

V

Vikeman

I am glad that the MIN Vikes will be staying in the NFC North. As much as I like to hate them, it's been a good rivalry and it would be sad to throw away the history that is being built between us and them.

Besides, who else would take all our cast-offs?

The only cast off we ever took was Favre. Everyone else were still playing very well in the NFL.

Longwell, Sharper examples

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if they left for LA or wherever. They just have left a bad taste in my mouth over the years with their baseless cockiness (fans) and that stinky dome. After they are gone, bring an old NFL team back into the North division - the Browns.

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I hope they stay as well. The game of football is losing TRADITION in a lot of ways and the rivalry between the Queens and the Pack is the rivalry of my childhood; it is a great tradition. I love the tradition of that rivalry and the competition I just hope they turn it around a little bit to make it competitive once again. It is a whole lot more rewarding to beat a worthy opponent than it is a laughingstock.

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, but the last team to leave Minnesota to go to LA (the Lakers) seems to have succeeded; seems like all the teams that leave Minnesota do better after they leave.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yeah, but the last team to leave Minnesota to go to LA (the Lakers) seems to have succeeded; seems like all the teams that leave Minnesota do better after they leave.
Actually the Lakers did fine in MN. From 1947, the year they were formed to 1960 the year they left MN they won 5 Championhips. They didn't win another until 1972, 12 years after they moved.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the Lakers did fine in MN. From 1947, the year they were formed to 1960 the year they left MN they won 5 Championhips. They didn't win another until 1972, 12 years after they moved.

its a real shame their old arena is a rotting parking garage.

OP
OP
neilfii

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

I was simply pointing out that a former Minnesota team could succeed in LA. I never said the Lakers were bad while they were in Minnesota and they have done better since, and will likely continue to do better. The truth is that your post points out how pathetic Minnesota fans can be: they couldn't even keep a successful franchise. :viksux:

V

Vikeman

I wouldn't mind if they left for LA or wherever. They just have left a bad taste in my mouth over the years with their baseless cockiness (fans) and that stinky dome. After they are gone, bring an old NFL team back into the North division - the Browns.

Cocky fans? Like I've said before you need to visit Viking sites and observe the way some Packer fans act.

Every fanbase has **********....there are some on this site.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cocky fans? Like I've said before you need to visit Viking sites and observe the way some Packer fans act.

Every fanbase has **********....there are some on this site.

Just by trying to speak in the same level Vikings fans are cocky.

There's no comparison between franchises. None whatsoever. One has a bright past and an equally bright future. The other never won anything, except for an nfl championship in 1970, but ended up losing the Super Bowl anyway.

Packers fans have holier than thou attitude because they can.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speaking of trolls, has anyone ever seen a lions troll on the forum? seriously... I dont think I have.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speaking of trolls, has anyone ever seen a lions troll on the forum? seriously... I dont think I have.

Kinda hard without a winning season in this century...

But wait one season and they'll show up. Every fanbase has them. I've already seen some talk of how the Lions could go 16-0 this season.

Members online

Latest posts