Looking over the remaining schedual

end season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can run the table and finish 14-2....... Other than the Bears I not seeing any serious threats....what everyone else think?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
schedule.

here at Dallas will be tough, sadly. I wanted the COws to lose tonight, but Washington offense is terrible right now.
Somehow we will get the Giants best when we go there in 5 weeks. They will probably rebound and win some games.
As horrible as they are now, they're only 3 games out of 1st place in that division. And 3 of Dallas' next 4 games are on the road. The Giants get the Vikings this week, then the Eagles. If they win that, there they go with 2 wins. Then they have a bye and a home game vs Oakland, 3 straight wins and into the NFC Least race..... that's when we come to town.

12theTruth

Interesting season. The Packers are doing some great things without scoring many TD's. This team really should have been 4-1 as the Bengals game was full of lost opportunities.

From here it looks like the Viking games should be two W's but rivalry games can sure take strange twists. At the outset of the season I had predicted 9-7 but since that time the Packers have really elevated their performances from this time last season in several key areas.

The main weak spots are kickoff return unit, consistency of free safety play, and not converting more of those field goal drives into TD's.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main weak spots are kickoff return unit, consistency of free safety play, and not converting more of those field goal drives into TD's.

The first two can be overcome and I think the last one will work itself out. I'd like to see some more turnovers too, but you can't have it all.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see a loss to the Browns this week considering the number of players that will probably miss that game. Joe Haden is an excellent corner and at this point the Packers have only one proven WR in Nelson. Maybe Jones plays but I'll believe it when I see it with the luck the Packers have had with injuries this season. On defense we'll be without Matthews and Perry at OLB and who knows if we'll see Hayward back next week. I'm not saying we're certain to lose but I could see Cameron and Gordon having a field day with this banged up defense and the Browns defense has been pretty solid most of the year. Going to be interesting to see how teams defend the Packers with two of our top three receivers out. Plus, it's not like our offense was looking that dynamic BEFORE Jones and Cobb went out against the Ravens. I'd guess the Packers will probably lose another four games this season; Cowboys, at the Bears and then just two random unexpected losses. That's assuming Perry, Cobb, Jones and Matthews don't miss more time than currently expected. Would put us at 10-6 to finish the season and perhaps tied with Chicago for division lead (should make for an interesting week 17).

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see a loss to the Browns this week considering the number of players that will probably miss that game. Joe Haden is an excellent corner and at this point the Packers have only one proven WR in Nelson. Maybe Jones plays but I'll believe it when I see it with the luck the Packers have had with injuries this season. On defense we'll be without Matthews and Perry at OLB and who knows if we'll see Hayward back next week. I'm not saying we're certain to lose but I could see Cameron and Gordon having a field day with this banged up defense and the Browns defense has been pretty solid most of the year. Going to be interesting to see how teams defend the Packers with two of our top three receivers out. Plus, it's not like our offense was looking that dynamic BEFORE Jones and Cobb went out against the Ravens. I'd guess the Packers will probably lose another four games this season; Cowboys, at the Bears and then just two random unexpected losses. That's assuming Perry, Cobb, Jones and Matthews don't miss more time than currently expected. Would put us at 10-6 to finish the season and perhaps tied with Chicago for division lead (should make for an interesting week 17).
Not to optimistic huh?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to optimistic huh?

Considering our injuries, I think saying we go 7-4 to finish the season is optimistic while still mainting a toehold in reality. Losses happen in the NFL to unexpected teams. Just look at the Rams-Texans game.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Optimistic talk considering how beat up we are with injuries. There are many games we "should" win, but might not due to lack of starting players. I would be willing to say we will finish, at best, 10 - 6. Making a wild card spot.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears are not a threat, Dallas is better than I gave them credit for. Still calling 10-12 wins
I disagree there. But hope you're right. But they are a threat as always. Even though we usually beat them. But our roster is not usual right now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Optimistic talk considering how beat up we are with injuries. There are many games we "should" win, but might not due to lack of starting players. I would be willing to say we will finish, at best, 10 - 6. Making a wild card spot.
Considering our injuries, I think saying we go 7-4 to finish the season is optimistic while still mainting a toehold in reality. Losses happen in the NFL to unexpected teams. Just look at the Rams-Texans game.
I agree with you both, which is a 10-6 record. I can see us losing some struggle games because as great as Arod is, he IS going to struggle without his favorite target plus James Jones, who's extremely underrated. The offense will bog down some for sure.

Finley as a WR is not the answer as he's not fast there.

Also, we will attempt to run even more, but more D guys will be close to the line now not worrying about 3 great WRs, so the run game will struggle more now. Knowing our luck, Lacy will get dinged again. Then Starks' turn.

So I see us blowing some more winable games like vs the Bengals when we still had all the WRs and Nick Perry.

We'll find a way to lose 4 more. Probably at Dallas where I will be watching and suffering, pizzed off. At Chicago.
At Detroit on Turkey day. And probably still at the Giants, who will have their ship righted a bit by Nov 17th, and we always get their best... always make Eli look like Peyton and make Hakeem Nicks look good when he's really just a body.

10-6 will be good enough to get us on that 2010 path I think. I want 11-5 or better though.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see us realistically running off the next 6 in a row before the Turkey day game against the Lions. Injuries aside, last week's game was a huge boost to this teams confidence. Lacy is very impressive and we're getting run blocking not seen in Green Bay since 2003. I feel like the real strength is on the D-line. Pickett is steady as always and Raji is playing well. The missing ingredient, however, has been the play of Daniels and Jolly. I think this unit should get a lot of credit for Hawk's success this past Sunday.
Of the next 6 games, the one that concerns me the most is the Viking game in Minnesota. The're having a difficult year, but they always play us tough up there and it's a Prime Time game. We just need to shut AP down, and run defense has been our strength this year. After that, we just need to handle whoever they throw out there at the QB position. The Giants game looked like a sure loss when the schedule came out, but their offensive line is terrible and Eli may not make it to their game with us. Their defense is getting shredded as well. This is a shell of the team that has dominated us in recent years.
We certainly can't absorb too many more key injuries, but if you look at what Brady and Belichik are doing with minimal talent in New England, there's no reason McCarthy, Rodgers and Co. can't do the same. I predicted 10-6 before the season started, but if we can take these next 6 and get to 9-2, I seriously doubt we lose 4 of our last 5.

I will have no problem admitting I was wro...wro...incorrect.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The injuries sure are making this season interesting. The Perry one hurts more than the others at this point, just from a depth point of view. I have more faith in Rodgers making second tier wideouts look good than I do of our pass rush maintaining itself without any good OLBs. At least our dline isn't banged up. Perry sets so much better of an edge than Walden did I had sort of assumed that we'd walk through the vikes, but now I'm not as sure.

Anyway, the lions at detroit will now suddenly be tough for our defense and without our best wideouts our usual advantage on carpet goes away. The first bears game is at home, which helps, and they can't stop the run because all of their d-tackles are hurt. By the last bear game we'll have everyone back, so that won't be as much of an issue. The cowboys look tough though. Whey don't we ever play them up north? Is seems like it's always down there.

But yeah, I'll go 11-5 or 12-4. This all goes out the window if CM3 turns out to be out for the year or something.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I disagree there. But hope you're right. But they are a threat as always. Even though we usually beat them. But our roster is not usual right now.
I disagree. They always LOOK like a threat. Until we expose them. No actual threat is present in Chicago. We do currently have a peg leg however.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed, but you have to go back a long way -- 2010 vs. Miami, to get to our last unexpected home loss.

I'm not counting last year vs. SF, as that was pretty much a toss-up, or the divisional playoffs against the Giants the year before -- these are still high quality teams. Miami was the last real shocker.

Roster troubles aside, I'd be awfully disappointed if we don't take care of business at home against the Browns.

Latest posts