Looking ahead to Dallas on the 29th.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should handle the Panthers rather handily this week. I don't know if will be quite the beatdown they gave my beloved Vikings last week, but they should win going away.

Then they play at Detroit on Thanksgiving. I am sure this is a game of some interest to Packer and Lion fans, but not me. I don't think the Lions can play with the Pack. Anything can happen, but I see the Pack winning that one also.

The big game is the week after that. Green Bay at Dallas. The winner of this game will take a big step towards securing home field advantage for the playoffs. This is a game that should excite any football fan. If you don't want to watch this game then I say you are not a real football fan.
The point of this ramble is I don't like the Packers, but I do respect them and their fans. They are our long time rivals, and I will cheer for them to win whenever the Vikings are out of it. And we are way out of it.

I hate Dallas on the other hand. I don't like their coach, their owner, TO, their fans, in fact the only person I like on their team is Marion Barber III, because he played at the U. That, however, is not enough for me to root for Dallas to win. I don't even know if I could root for Dallas to beat the hated Patriots if they both make it to the super bowl.

I am toasting to the Pack. Hoping they can stay the course and win their next two games, and go into Dallas and bring a big win back to Wisconsin. Hopefully, then they can represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots or whoever else might luck out in get in from the AFC.

If you had asked me a month ago if I thought the Packers could beat the Patriots in the super bowl I would have laughed in your face. Now, I think the Packers are improving. I think with their defense it is a definate possibility. It is one game, and I believe if the Packers play up to their potential they could get another title for title town. Good Luck!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also looking forward to that game. I've been talking about this to my friends(I do have some) for weeks now. As a Packers fan\Homer, I think GB is the best NFC team and the Cowboys hype annoys me.

I just hope both teams have 1 loss when the EPIC BATTLE takes place.

I am SO tired of Favre vs. Romo talk too. "Favre Jr" is just crap. He isn't even on Favre's level, and I'm one of the biggest 'favre-haters' (aka, I criticize his play sometimes).

T.O. will be neutralized by the Harris\Woodson duo(hopefully) and Barber\Jones will also not be a huge factor, as he is NOTHING compared to the awesome RBs the Packers have done well against (AP,LJ,LT)

This is the part where "we can't look past (team we play this week)!" posts. The team isn't looking beyond anyone, but fans can.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also looking forward to that game. I've been talking about this to my friends(I do have some) for weeks now. As a Packers fan\Homer, I think GB is the best NFC team and the Cowboys hype annoys me.

I just hope both teams have 1 loss when the EPIC BATTLE takes place.

I am SO tired of Favre vs. Romo talk too. "Favre Jr" is just crap. He isn't even on Favre's level, and I'm one of the biggest 'favre-haters' (aka, I criticize his play sometimes).

T.O. will be neutralized by the Harris\Woodson duo(hopefully) and Barber\Jones will also not be a huge factor, as he is NOTHING compared to the awesome RBs the Packers have done well against (AP,LJ,LT)

This is the part where "we can't look past (team we play this week)!" posts. The team isn't looking beyond anyone, but fans can.

Good post. Just all-around, good post. I like it.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i will smash my tv if we loose though....i wount be able to handle espn saying over and over "is romo better than favre'

PLEASE WIN PACK

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i will smash my tv if we loose though....

Yeah this game might be the Chicago game where if the Packers lose, you don't hear from me for about a week. That is a game I am going to so into emotionally it's gonna rock(if we win).

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind losing that bad... IF and only if, we beat em in the playoffs where it REALLY matters.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i will smash my tv if we loose though....i wount be able to handle espn saying over and over "is romo better than favre'

PLEASE WIN PACK

I think we are going to give Dallas a challenge. I dont have the nfl network though so looks like Ill either have to go to a bar, or listen on the radio. Then theres the highlights on the local news.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only people who will be watching the Cowboys/Packers game is people who get THE NFL NETWORK on their cable station.

I do not get it where I am... So I will have to head to a bar.

That is a BIG *** GAME to be only broadcast on THE NFL NETWORK.

RP

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind losing that bad... IF and only if, we beat em in the playoffs where it REALLY matters.

One of the reasons this game is stacking up to be so huge is that it could determine home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Home field at playoff time is huge. Especially for the conference championship.

Of course all of this could be a mute point as the season plays out. We could lose somewhere along the line and Dallas plays their last three out of four on the road.

I really feel if we are as healthy as we stand today that we will win this football game. I believe we have way to much offense for them to stay with us. Like NE did I think we will pull away in the end because they have no solution for stopping us.

Some points are going on the board but I think our defense has more stops in them then theirs and that's what it will come down to.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate talking about a game that is still weeks away.
Detroit at home on Thanksgiving is always a tough place to play. (GB almost lost the last time they played there a few years ago against a woeful Lions team.)

I do not count on GB winning in Dallas. If the game was in GB I think the Packers would win.
Brett has always struggled on that field. Back in the 90's I think he said that the crown in the field is so steep from the middle to the sidelines that he has a hard time getting the feel for it. There is no other field in the NFL like it. He said it would take him the whole 1st quarter and then some to figure it out. Until then he would overthrow his receivers all the time when they ran the out patterns.

I realize that he is older and more experienced now but he also has not played on that field in quite a while.

Reaction score
Interesting that the Cowboys seem to have a problem with penalties:

As one Cowboys official said Sunday in the Giants Stadium press box at halftime, "This crap [stupid penalties] has got to stop. It's been hurting us all year." By the way, he wasn't talking about a .500 team. The Cowboys were soon to be 8-and-1 on that day.

As Phillips has said since Sunday, he needs to fix that. And on Wednesday at Valley Ranch, he reportedly was adamant with the players that the "stupidity" must end, although Wade never used that exact word. He did, however, have the players voluntarily sign a pledge saying they would be held accountable to teammates, for post-play penalties.

Source.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can the Packers Offensive line handle the Cowboys pass rush, and can someone on the Packers Defense slow up Witten.

Those are my keys to a Packer victory.

I think #4 will have a huge game w/4 TD. Kampman and KGB will have sacks.

Ryan Grant runs for 100 yrds

GJ, JJ, DD, Lee all have TD catches.

GB 31 Dallas 30

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should handle the Panthers rather handily this week. I don't know if will be quite the beatdown they gave my beloved Vikings last week, but they should win going away.

Then they play at Detroit on Thanksgiving. I am sure this is a game of some interest to Packer and Lion fans, but not me. I don't think the Lions can play with the Pack. Anything can happen, but I see the Pack winning that one also.

The big game is the week after that. Green Bay at Dallas. The winner of this game will take a big step towards securing home field advantage for the playoffs. This is a game that should excite any football fan. If you don't want to watch this game then I say you are not a real football fan.
The point of this ramble is I don't like the Packers, but I do respect them and their fans. They are our long time rivals, and I will cheer for them to win whenever the Vikings are out of it. And we are way out of it.

I hate Dallas on the other hand. I don't like their coach, their owner, TO, their fans, in fact the only person I like on their team is Marion Barber III, because he played at the U. That, however, is not enough for me to root for Dallas to win. I don't even know if I could root for Dallas to beat the hated Patriots if they both make it to the super bowl.

I am toasting to the Pack. Hoping they can stay the course and win their next two games, and go into Dallas and bring a big win back to Wisconsin. Hopefully, then they can represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots or whoever else might luck out in get in from the AFC.

If you had asked me a month ago if I thought the Packers could beat the Patriots in the super bowl I would have laughed in your face. Now, I think the Packers are improving. I think with their defense it is a definate possibility. It is one game, and I believe if the Packers play up to their potential they could get another title for title town. Good Luck!

Vike - I always root for NFC North teams to win when they're not playing the Packers. I'm sick and tired of the NFC North being the laughingstock of the NFL. I'd love to see two or three solid teams in our division.

I remember the days when our division (used to be NFC Central), the team with the winning record won the division. I think once you won it at 8-7-1.

I hate the Cowboys with a passion. Their fans are stupid. Jerry Jones may be the Anti-Christ, or at least he's a strong candidate.

Thanks for your rant. Yes, we should beat the Panthers and Lions with ease, but the winner of the Packers/Cows game should represent the NFC in the SB.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit at home on Thanksgiving is always a tough place to play. (GB almost lost the last time they played there a few years ago against a woeful Lions team.)
Actually the Packers DID lose at Detroit the last time they played there on Thanksgiving, against a woeful Lions team. You are probably thinking of the game about six years ago when it went down to the wire and the Packers won it when the Lions failed to make a two-point conversion.

It's hard for me to look two games into the future, but Packers/Cowboys is shaping up to be a great matchup. I don't think home field is that big a deal, because the Packers play better on the road than they do at home anyway. Even if it comes down to a conference championship, I don't think it's that big a deal. Up until last year, when both home teams won, I think visiting teams had won just as many of those games as home teams for several years there.

I think the matchup with the Cowboys is pretty favorable for the Packers because they can flood that weak secondary with receivers, but it ought to be a heck of a game.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Greg you are right (of course). I was thinking of the previous game. Is it really that long ago? I forgot all about the more recent game.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Things can change so suddenly in the NFL (injuries mostly), that I would focus on this week and then the week leading up to the Dallas game compare the two teams. If both go into the week with 1 loss or so, the media coverage will be insane to boot, so plenty of time to worry about that game then.

Plus, who knows.. maybe TO will have a break-down by then and take himself out of the game or maybe this steroid deal will become a big distraction by then for the Boys in Silver and Blue. :lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
awesome sig pack.....just awesome.

Thanks.. I thought it fitting after the first half or so of the season.. maybe the sun is setting on his career, but the man can still play ball with the best of them... even Favre Jr. in Dallas. :thumbsup:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer to focus on this week's game. I hope our team does too.

Agreed. One game at a time.

That's how championship caliber boxers get knocked out by nobodies - they were focusing on the big fight coming up instead of the guy trying to make a name for himself.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer to focus on this week's game. I hope our team does too.
Hey, we're just fans, we can look ahead all we want. During the bye week, I daydreamed about the Packers winning the Super Bowl. It was an overtime victory over the Patriots, with Favre throwing a bomb to Greg Jennings out of his own end zone. That was the week BEFORE Favre threw that OT bomb to Jennings at Denver, so maybe I was onto some good karma there.

But I can understand if you want to take it one game at a time. To each his own. There are many different ways to be a good fan.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its just like the early/mid 90's. Either Dallas will blow us away in the first quarter and stomp us or we will beat them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts