Looking Ahead at the Vikings

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since when did Winfield become one of the best corners in the league wanting to cover driver id love to see driver burn him on the 1st play see if he stil wants him then

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winfield has a nice game, but I do not think it matches up well with what DD does. DD is like a waterbug....stopping/starting and darting....very hard to cover. Winfield is very physical, but the Pack will find ways to get DD out with minimal contact at the line....oh, yeah...there is also Jennings and Jones.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing about this game that's bothersome to me is that Brett has put up some stinkers in the Minny Dome and with the way the Vikes are built we need him to do this.

Fortunately, he can be off some because the combination of our good defense and their lousy offense allows for some room for not having his best game to win.

It would be nice to see some turnovers and a short field a couple times. We put up a few points off of turnovers and we should be good to go.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we've got a better shot if Chester Taylor is back there with Peterson. We'll stand a chance if we can wear down the defense and keep Farve off the field.

Also, I hope Jackson isn't ready to come back. :wink:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing about this game that's bothersome to me is that Brett has put up some stinkers in the Minny Dome and with the way the Vikes are built we need him to do this.

.In the past it was almost an automatic loss, just like in Detroit..But last few years it has seemed to flip in our favor

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just really cannot see that team getting anything going against us or putting up any numbers. We have faced some offenses that are pretty darn good and these guys are just pretty darn bad.

When you've faced Westbrook and Tomlinson I can't see a rookie running wild on us and that's about the only shot they have here.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson is a beast. You're just fooling yourself if you doubt that. That O-line is mammoth. The big battle this week will be to see if our rotation of DT's keeps them and the rest of the defense fresh, preventing Minny from going all ball-control like Jacksonville did to Denver last week.

Maybe this week will be J Harrell's first time on the active roster?

And I think we'll see a buttload of screens and short slants from our offense, which is the 07 Packers' form of a grind-it-out rungame.

Members online

Latest posts