Longevity of Jermichael Finley

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This idea came about after someone recently posted about TT drafting TE Quarless in an already stacked position.

What do you guys think of his longevity? First... I wanna say he has by far the most potential and raw talent in the league. Not to mention his Larry Fitzgerald-like hands (caught 9/9 in MIA game I believe?)

Buuuuut.... being a realist... I think TT has noticed Finley's fragility, and in the future... a lot sooner than you guys might think... we trade him for a high draft pick.

I'm not being a cynic... just a realist.

On a side note... I've been really unimpressed with Quarless. The guy has butter fingers. Hope he has a coming out party down the stretch/next season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fragile? I think you could say the same about Rodgers at one point. Seems a little early for that.

I cant support the idea of trading him unless his immaturity gets worse. TT is conservative in FA in order to be able to pay in house, so we gotta keep Finley. Now if the Broncos offered us 2 1st and 2 2nds I would drive him to Denver myself.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fragile? I think you could say the same about Rodgers at one point. Seems a little early for that.

I cant support the idea of trading him unless his immaturity gets worse. TT is conservative in FA in order to be able to pay in house, so we gotta keep Finley. Now if the Broncos offered us 2 1st and 2 2nds I would drive him to Denver myself.

You're right it's early. But so far in his early career... he's trending with jello knees.

If he's placed on IR next season... that's a red flag

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to comment on you being unimpressed with Quarless so far in his rookie season, tell me how impressed were you with Finley in his rookie season?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If we trade Finley I'll riot. You don't trade a guy that could very soon be the best in the NFL at his position.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
How does ONE PERSON riot?
Leadership sir, you incite the greater revolt.
Really though, Quarless is in his rookie year, like Poland said, Finley didn't set the world on fire rookie season.
I don't think they drafted Quarless to replace Finley, they drafted him to accent him. I know I squirm every time a pass is thrown his way but the ability is there.
I like what Aaron had to say about Starks: It was like if you show me in practice I'll believe in you, you have to show it every day. Film and practice and so on. It was in an answer to a question about Starks, but I think Rodgers means it about Quarless too. Playing in the NFL is a 6 day a week job.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley wasn't great his rookie year either, but we know what we have now. Quarless has the same potential.

I think our biggest issue with Finley is his ego and attitude. He's awful cocky and arrogant for a guy yet to A) play a complete season and B) make a pro-bowl. Next year is the final year on his deal, and to be honest, I can totally see this guy holding out and demanding to be paid top dollar based on unproven potential.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to comment on you being unimpressed with Quarless so far in his rookie season, tell me how impressed were you with Finley in his rookie season?

rookie season or not... you're playing football at a pro-level, and you CANNOT drop some of the passes he's dropped, and they happen just a little too much.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really though, Quarless is in his rookie year, like Poland said, Finley didn't set the world on fire rookie season.

I don't think they drafted Quarless to replace Finley either. The Quarless draft indirectly got me thinking of the theme of this thread.

My issue with Finley is not his attitude whatsoever. He definitely backs it up. He also doesn't bash his opponents... he's just confident in himself and the team.

If you guys don't wanna trade him if he shows further that he's injury prone, then we had better not give him the big bucks.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we trade Finley I'll riot. You don't trade a guy that could very soon be the best in the NFL at his position.

When I mean "we'll trade him sooner than you think" ... I didn't mean in the next couple of years.

I think the general consensus in the pack nation was "LOCK THIS GUY UP FOREVER!" In the next couple of years, we'll see how often he's injured and/or placed on IR.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't think they drafted Quarless to replace Finley either. The Quarless draft indirectly got me thinking of the theme of this thread.

My issue with Finley is not his attitude whatsoever. He definitely backs it up. He also doesn't bash his opponents... he's just confident in himself and the team.

If you guys don't wanna trade him if he shows further that he's injury prone, then we had better not give him the big bucks.
The patriots have 2 great rookie TE's and we all know how that's working out for them. Maybe we can run similar packages?

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
holy hell... he already has an official JFinley website and is sellin' YOTTO gear...

I am no longer confident in my attitude statement.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The patriots have 2 great rookie TE's and we all know how that's working out for them. Maybe we can run similar packages?

The 2 TE set is the future of NFL offense! We were running that as well

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this is hypothetical anyway. He may of just had some bad luck, he has surely proven his talent and incredible potential. If does prove to be injury prone, than that bridge will be crossed then. Until then, I will throw a hissy fit if they trade him!

It is a good question though, injury/ longevity wise. You have to wonder about any player and pray that it's not the case especially if they guy is as talented as Finley.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a player to be an asset they have to be on the field. If TT determines that JF is injury prone, I say put him up for auction while there is still a hype.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
holy hell... he already has an official JFinley website and is sellin' YOTTO gear...

I am no longer confident in my attitude statement.

He's had that website for a while now.

As for attitude, just follow him on twitter. He's a cocky SOB, so much so I wound up unfollowing him. I think his attitude is going to warrant his being traded more than his health issues.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
He's had that website for a while now.

As for attitude, just follow him on twitter. He's a cocky SOB, so much so I wound up unfollowing him. I think his attitude is going to warrant his being traded more than his health issues.

screw finley then. 5 wide receiver sets!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Finley is the closest to a diva receiver we have.

I'm not sure Finley won't want unprecedent money. More than any TE in the league.

If so, how do we pay him, plus Jennings, Driver, Jones and Nelson?

I think he's the most talented guy we have, but if he's got a "me" attitude, and wants a lot of money, well, he's not above the team...

In the best case scenario, we have Chmura and Jackson improved.
If not, Quarless is insurance...

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this hasn't turned into an Anti-Finley thread. I love the guy.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Finley is the closest to a diva receiver we have.

I'm not sure Finley won't want unprecedent money. More than any TE in the league.

If so, how do we pay him, plus Jennings, Driver, Jones and Nelson?

I think he's the most talented guy we have, but if he's got a "me" attitude, and wants a lot of money, well, he's not above the team...

In the best case scenario, we have Chmura and Jackson improved.
If not, Quarless is insurance...

Finley is good