:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone needs to just relax.

Things are in motion now and both sides are doing what is expected.

It is a shame it has come to this, but better now then at the end of July when pre-season starts.

There has been a lot of screaming and yelling back and forth, words like "Hate" being used, name-callin...ect..ect...ect

There will be no "winners" when this whole situation is resolved.

No matter what happens (if you have taken a side) you are either going to be satisfied or really p-----d off.

No-one on this forum has a clue why all this happened the way it has.

No-one on this forum can control what has, or is, or will happen.

The only absolute is that The 2008 Packers will take the field, and play 16 regular season games.

Hopefully after those games are played the season will not be over.

I urge everyone when the season begins to "GET ON BOARD" with whoever is making up the 53 man 2008 roster and be a fan!!!!

Just my 2 cents worth.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
some on this board like to really rub it in that they feel Ted is a jerk or that Brett is a jerk

I would rather those people not be so negative about the other side..

OP
OP
B

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read Ironmans's "chill pill" thread, I probably should have posted there instead of starting a new thread.
So any mod out there wants to combine the threads or lock this one, it will be understood.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some on this board like to really rub it in that they feel Ted is a jerk or that Brett is a jerk

I would rather those people not be so negative about the other side..

I totally agree with you LT!!! I worked all day yesterday and when I came home from work to read what everyone was feeling/saying, I was in shock!! People on here bashing Favre pretty badly which made me feel very sad. I still think there are things we don't know of as of yet, things that happened in the back ground. I hope Brett makes a statement or at least tell his side of the story on what "really" happened. All I do know is IMO that Favre would NEVER put the Packers in a bad situation, this is why I think there was more that happened that is still not being said. For all of you Favre bashers on this board, I cannot believe the disrespect you have for Favre after him giving us 17 great years in the league, he was great when he was "our" QB winning us games, but now that this man wants to come out of retirement some are saying some NOT nice things about him. What ever the out come, I will always back Brett, because of the person he is. I am still waiting for Tripp to reply to some of whats going on, on this board. I for one will always be thankful to Brett Favre he is the one that made me "want" to watch football, he was exciting to watch on the field, he made me cry, he made me sad, he made me happy and so proud to be a Packer fan.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am and always will be a packer fan! right now, i don't like the way brett handled this entire situation - or even how the packers handled it - i'm pissed, sad, hurt, & shocked...i'm entitled to feel the way i feel just as everyone else is. no matter what - brett will always have a special place in my heart - it's just hard to remember that part right now. :(

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bottom line and resounding louder than ever over the past week: "This is a business" not everything that's done or the way it's handled is going to satisfy everyone. There are some teams out there that historically have adhered to that saying, the Redskins, the Raiders etc....teams with front offices that care more about the almight buck than they do about their players, right now the Packer front office and Brett Favre are in more of the "business" mode than this franchise has been for a long time. That's a tough pill to swallow.

We need to maintin throughout thi situation. Once and always Packer fans first and foremost. The team with the greatest legacy in the NFL ever!!!

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that it seems difficult to engage in debate or discussion, but particularly because of the emotional baggage that's commonly attached to the Favre/TT debacle. I don't mean to group everyone together, but in general I have observed the following:

Those who side with Favre (and thus despise our G.M. TT) generally lack the cohesive argumentative focus that the other side -- the pro-Packer side seems to place a premium.

Example (any similarities to arguments made by actual posters is strictly coincidental):

Poster #1: Yes, but Favre had a chance to come back in late March. Both sides were on board, but at the 11th hour Favre contacted the team and said they were going to move on.

Poster #2: Right so you go with an unproven injury prone qb over a legend! Yeah right. TT is making the biggest mistake ever. I mean he hates Favre. Look at their relationship... he clearly hates Favre. Favre gives us the best chance to win. I've been watchingt the Packers for years and Favre has done so much for them we at least owe it to him to let him have gthe time to make the decision. Yeah, he retired, but he wasn't even wanted back.

Poster #1: Wow... we really aren't on the same planet.

^^^THE END^^^

So, yeah, I'll chill out. But reading another one of ^^^ really makes me lose a bit of faith in our fan-base (or just humanity in general -- I mean, getting emotional and jumping to conclusions is almost never the best course of action, unless you're drunk and there are more girls than guys in the room).

Bozz said it best in another thread: this is just sad. It's simply unfortunate. There's a divide in Packerland -- and methinks it's coming from the most unlikely of hosts, Favre himself.

Did I mention I have a Favre Fathead in my living room? That guy is staring at me as I type. Whew...it's gonna be a weird few weeks.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that it seems difficult to engage in debate or discussion, but particularly because of the emotional baggage that's commonly attached to the Favre/TT debacle. I don't mean to group everyone together, but in general I have observed the following:

Those who side with Favre (and thus despise our G.M. TT) generally lack the cohesive argumentative focus that the other side -- the pro-Packer side seems to place a premium.

Example (any similarities to arguments made by actual posters is strictly coincidental):

Poster #1: Yes, but Favre had a chance to come back in late March. Both sides were on board, but at the 11th hour Favre contacted the team and said they were going to move on.

Poster #2: Right so you go with an unproven injury prone qb over a legend! Yeah right. TT is making the biggest mistake ever. I mean he hates Favre. Look at their relationship... he clearly hates Favre. Favre gives us the best chance to win. I've been watchingt the Packers for years and Favre has done so much for them we at least owe it to him to let him have gthe time to make the decision. Yeah, he retired, but he wasn't even wanted back.

Poster #1: Wow... we really aren't on the same planet.

^^^THE END^^^

So, yeah, I'll chill out. But reading another one of ^^^ really makes me lose a bit of faith in our fan-base (or just humanity in general -- I mean, getting emotional and jumping to conclusions is almost never the best course of action, unless you're drunk and there are more girls than guys in the room).

Bozz said it best in another thread: this is just sad. It's simply unfortunate. There's a divide in Packerland -- and methinks it's coming from the most unlikely of hosts, Favre himself.

Did I mention I have a Favre Fathead in my living room? That guy is staring at me as I type. Whew...it's gonna be a weird few weeks.

I don't agree with this. I don't think your a TT basher because you wanted Favre back. I have said so many times that at the end of the day, its TT's decision to make, I just don't agree with it.

Just as you claim that Favre supporters are being irrational, I think there is plenty of those on the other side. "Favre is a ******". "Don't let the door hit you on the way out". "I hope we trade him to the Falcons so he can suck", etc. This is completly irrational too. He gave you all he has, played through concussions and broken bones. So what, he changed his mind on coming back, big deal. Jordan did it, Lombardi came back with the Redskins, Aikman wanted to come back, etc. It happens, that doesn't mean you have to hate him. There are people on this board who are being irrational (regardless of your stance on Favre as our QB for 2008).

In the end, I'm a Packers fan BUT I still respect Favre and I will cheer for him as long as he's not playing the Packers. The Packers DON'T want him now, so he cna go play somewhere else, who cares.

Go Packers.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to get upset initially. I know I did. I felt betrayed. A day has passed now and I'm not as mad as I was at Brett. I still believe we need to move and hope Favre palys for some AFC team that has no chance of making the super bowl in the next 2 years but that's mostly because I don't want to face him.

Packer fan first.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really now...

To agree that Favre is our best shot for a Super Bowl in 2008, is wanted back by both his teammates and fans alike, and that TT should welcome him back with open arms isn't a cohesive arguement? How about the fact A-Rod has not been able to play an entire game in his limited time on the field without suffering serious injury, and if and when this happens, or backup plan is an unproven rookie straight out of college who has never taken a snap at the pro level? What is inheirantly incorrect about the two points I made above?

I would genuinely like to see the "cohesive arguement" against bringing Favre back that isn't a pro-TT circle jerk (which unfortunately, is all you get 85% of the time on this forum).

Any takers?

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:

Really now...

To agree that Favre is our best shot for a Super Bowl in 2008, is wanted back by both his teammates and fans alike, and that TT should welcome him back with open arms isn't a cohesive arguement? How about the fact A-Rod has not been able to play an entire game in his limited time on the field without suffering serious injury, and if and when this happens, or backup plan is an unproven rookie straight out of college who has never taken a snap at the pro level? What is inheirantly incorrect about the two points I made above?

I would genuinely like to see the "cohesive arguement" against bringing Favre back that isn't a pro-TT circle jerk (which unfortunately, is all you get 85% of the time on this forum).

Any takers?
Hold off maestro, I said "generally." And I meant that word tactfully. You present a legitimate argument, but as always, a lot of it is in the framing. You frame A-Rod in such a light that you'd think he's the second coming of Donovan McNabb. The truth is, yes, in limited playing time A-Rod has had injury problems -- but one can't simply generalize him as injury prone. I mean, you CAN make an attribution like that -- implying that A-Rod isn't a durable player, I just don't think it's worth much. A-Rod didn't have durability concerns in college and at present he has a significant amount of upside.

As for an argument "against" bringing back Favre, I never said that. I'll admit that "Pro-Packers" is ambiguous. I would have loved to have Favre back, but it's a damn hassle right now. The Packers are in a real tough place. Just listen to the words of Ted Thompson -- this is a "volatile situation." Wow. The ram has touched the wall. THAT is the problem -- THAT is the substance of the argument. Favre put the Packers in an impossible place. If they trade him, people are outraged. If they release him, people are outraged and potentially a division rival signs him. If they start him they kick Aaron Rodgers out of town, leaving Brian Brohm as our only legitimate future prospect at QB.

I happen to believe coach McCarthy when he praises A-Rod's ability. I think the Packers staff is pretty good at assessing talent -- see Packers roster.

This is just the wrong way of doing things now. It's too late to force a team into this position. It's not "immoral" -- I don't hate Favre or think him low. I just think it's unfortunate and is going to put undue stress on MANY within the organization.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:

Really now...

Any takers?

There have been hot-heads on both sides and reasonable people on both sides. The A-Rod injury issue is legit, although it doesn't worry me too much personally. It's a matter of opinion. He broke his ankle against the Pats, but he was fine in the game against Dallas and pulled a hammy a couple days later in practice. He probably would've missed one game, at most, if he was really needed.

Your statement that Favre is wanted back by both teammates and fans is meaningless. A lot of fans want him back, but many don't want him back. We can only guess at the percentages. The same goes for the players. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if more players want Rodgers than Favre. But again, we're just guessing here. And cohesive arguments are not based on pure speculation.

Here's my argument for not taking Favre back:

1. It would mean that Packer management failed to live up to their word when they told Aaron Rodgers that this was his team. This would hurt the players' trust in the management, not just for Rodgers but everyone. After all of Rodgers' hard work in the off-season, doing all the right things, the old vet comes waltzing in from the old homestead in Mississippi to take back his position.

2. Rodgers would probably not sign another contract with the Packers if Favre came back. Not if he has any self-respect, anyway. That would mean we got nothing out of our QB of the future, after spending a first-round draft pick on him, paying him good money, and helping him develop his skills to the point where he could potentially be very good.

3. I think the team's chances of going all the way are only marginally better, if at all, with Favre than they would be with Rodgers. In recent years, Favre has gotten worn out at the end of each season and his performance has declined. By the time the season is over, he has been reduced to a haggard, weeping shell of his former self. I don't think this inspires a lot of confidence in his teammates. But it quite possibly inspires confidence in his opponents.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not having to listen to anymore of this would be about as cohesive as it gets for me.

Hmmm, perhaps the guy standing behind you holding the gun to your head will leave, and you won't have to.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:

Really now...

Any takers?

wow.

this makes a ton of sense.
the fact A-Rod has not been able to play an entire game in his limited time on the field

hard to play an entire game with limited time on the field.

and injury claims are bogus. so so so bogus. its just the only thing people who want to argue with passion instead of facts can use. I defy you... freaking DEFY you to show me the games Arod didn't play in DUE TO INJURY. there are none so your wrong.

Favre retired. no one told him to. Favre asked to be released. TT didn't release him. If you should be mad at anyone its Favre.

If your a Packer fan... get behind your new QB. If your a Favre-Firster... start looking for a Panthers, Bucs or Ravens forum.

Bring the cleansing A-rod...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:

Really now...

Any takers?

Aaron Rodgers has been committed to playing for the 2008 Green Bay Packers since Lawrence Tynes kicked the game winning field goal in overtime that ended the Green Bay Packers 2007 season.

Brett Favre hasn't.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
evad04 said:

Really now...

Any takers?

Aaron Rodgers has been committed to playing for the 2008 Green Bay Packers since Lawrence Tynes kicked the game winning field goal in overtime that ended the Green Bay Packers 2007 season.

Brett Favre hasn't.

So was Shaun Bodiford, then they went out and drafted Jordy Nelson. I guess by your logic, Shaun Bodiford should be on the depth chart ahead of Nelson. Correct?

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ur gonna get into it with Porky now? K.

Get into it? Get into what? If you mean get into as disagree with him, then I guess you are correct. I don't see that as getting into it, perhaps you do, which is why you are running people off this site left and right. If only Pack93z could speak honestly

I respect Porky, I am fairly confident he won't call me a ***** or a ****** but debate rationally, which you and your shadow can't do.

Your pulling out every stop to get me banned and people know it. Exposing your little game must keep you up at night

IronMan said:
dd80forever said:
I've been called a Friggin Idiot, Dumb, A *********, just in the last few days
Yeah name calling is pretty lame. I think it is supposed to be against the rules. But the rules don't apply to everyone I guess.

100% agree.. it does seem to be a long standing problem.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only person that is going to run off of this site is me.

If the mods, and Pack and IronMan are fine with that then so be it.

I didn't see you in the off-season period until the Favre news broke and you came here to troll and cause problems.

You are the root of all this, so put the blame where it belongs. There is no debating you, you aren't a Packer fan. You are a troll.

Let this stand as my comment on this situation. He goes or I do - either way I don't care. There are plenty of other forums to visit.

Would you like me to list them? I certainly will.

Your choice mods. I'm dead serious. Review the tape and make a call, I am too busy and too big a Packer fan for anymore of this nonsense. There are plenty others who would welcome me into their community.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your pulling out every stop to get me banned and people know it. Exposing your little game must keep you up at night

Pulling out all the stops? If I wanted I'd go to the moderators. I havent PMed a mod in weeks(and usually its to BS).

If I wanted you banned, you would be. But you're not worth the trouble. By wednesday, you won't be here cuz Favre will be gone.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only person that is going to run off of this site is me.

If the mods, and Pack and IronMan are fine with that then so be it.

I didn't see you in the off-season period until the Favre news broke and you came here to troll and cause problems.

You are the root of all this, so put the blame where it belongs. There is no debating you, you aren't a Packer fan. You are a troll.

Let this stand as my comment on this situation. He goes or I do - either way I don't care. There are plenty of other forums to visit.

Would you like me to list them? I certainly will.

Your choice mods. I'm dead serious. Review the tape and make a call, I am too busy and too big a Packer fan for anymore of this nonsense. There are plenty others who would welcome me into their community.

Are you seriously issuing an ultimatum on an internet forum?

Dude, how many times have I even replied to any of your posts? Now go back and look a every post I make and you can see it's followed up 75% of the time with Trom and you starting crap.

It's growing old. Does it matter when I came here? You think you can treat people like crap just because they didn't come here on your terms and the agree with you. What the hell is wrong with you man? Honestly.

Did I start an "Ignore DD80Forever" thread? I thought you were ignoring me anyways. I try to Ignore you but If you and your buddy are going to fire spitballs at me every day I don't feel like my only choice is to leave, because that's what you want.

I'm not here to start stuff and I see nothing wrong with debating things. If you feel the need to take a personal jab a me, just ignore me or post a comment in the smack section. You do that and you'll never have to correspond with me again.

I'm truly sorry if I have rubbed off wrong on any logical person here. My goal is to have healthy, stimulating debate without all the nonsense. The game has grown old guys and others members are now taking notice.