Locker room whispers still point to Tarvaris

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
We reported in early July that members of the Vikings hoped that the team would abandon the pursuit of quarterback Brett Favre and give the ball to Tarvaris Jackson.Moments ago, ESPN's Adam Schefter said during halftime of the Jets-Ravens game...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tarvaris blows. Just a bunch of sh*t merchants trying to stir up the sh*t....

You know how that goes...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you read the link provided?

Here is a quote

Moments ago, ESPN's Adam Schefter said during halftime of the Jets-Ravens game that this sentiment still exists in some corners of the Minnesota locker room.

I think Adam is a well known insider

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Adam is a joke!

He's the old washerwoman of the NFL...

Now we're siding with ESPN's crap because it fits our agenda, eh LT?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Adam is a joke!

I asked you a question, why can't you answer it?

Also, show me where I agreed with it his statement, and I asked if he was an insider

So stop trying to bait people, not going to work

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adam is a joke!

it sounds more to me that your on the defensive because it doesnt somehow implicate TT or make the Favre move look good.
but hey, to each his own.

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson has played with some of those guys for going on 4 years now and has obviously formed some good friendships. I didn't see what Schefter said, but any internal support could be construed as what the PTF article seems to imply. And one guy strongly voicing support could be used as evidence that maybe more are in Jackson's corner. That's the way the media works.

My guess is Ray Edwards is the guy Schefter is talking about. He's an idiot and a loudmouth. He seriously said and believed that he would break the single season sack record last year and always has his foot in his mouth. Plus he was drafted with Jackson and if there is any racial component to this it coincides with the friendship component - Edwards fits the bill there, too.

My guess is this won't be an issue. Favre was obviously brought in to be the guy this year, they will live and die with him and everybody in the locker room knows that.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
"Faction" of Vikings want Tarvaris

Though a core of key players and team leaders apparently support the anointment of 39-year-old quarterback Brett Favre as the starter for the Vikings, talk continues to persist that not all of the players who wear purple are on the...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who cares? "They should get on board or ****", right?

The Owner, GM, and HC want Favre to start, so he starts....

The minority of idiots on the Vikings who favor Tarvaris should worry about their own damn jobs...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Just heard some guy from KFAN in Minni on the radio. He said Schefter's report is bull, because Schefter isn't there. In fact, he says the only national reporter lurking around is Pedro Gomez. I forget the guy's name, but he said that he is at Vikes practice every day and he hasn't seen anything other than happiness regarding Favre.

I trust him more than I trust Schefter, simply because this guy's there every day.

He literally called out Schefter on the air, it was pretty cool.

(For those in the Northeast WI area, I was listening to SportsRadio 107.5 FM a.k.a. The Fan)

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i will asure you there is no way the Queens picked up Brett to sit him on the bench ... the fact of the matter is they picked up Brett because of Jackson ... money talks ,, Brett will start ,, bar none ... Jackson has stunk it up since day one over there ,, i hope he will start just because that will insure a loosing season for the Queens ... make no mistake my friends Brett is the man in Queens land ...

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that Schefter starts loosing the respect of players once he jumps ship to ESPN? Viking players are both annoyed by this and some are just making fun of it. Even their punter saw some cameramen running in several directions and shouted something about their being a "schism in the camera crew."

This whole story reaks of being precontrived. First week after Favre all is good, then we'll scrounge for controversy in the locker room in week two. Oh, the drama!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts