Lit a fire under brett?

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
One good performance from A-Rod against a number 2 defense in a meaningless preseason game and you guys are ready to give Brett the boot? Wow, just wow

Thers are some on this forum who have been waiting for 3 years now and hoping beyond hope that Brett would give them something,anything to cling to, thinking he isn't the best option for The Packers at QB.

Well there you have it guys, Brett played bad in one pre-season game and dared to speak out about team chemistry.
So have at it boys throw the one guy who has carried The Packers on his back for 15 years under the bus and let it roll right over him.

2007 Packers with Brett favre at qb 9-7 maybe 11-5.
2007 Packers without brett favre 4-12 at best.

The Brett apologists come out in droves.

11-5 WITH Brett Favre?

Aren't you guys the same people who complained that Ted Thompson didn't do enough for BRETT?

So the team that you complain is not built to win now..is going to have 8 more wins cuz Brett's in there? Yet..the team isn't built to win now?

I like how people downplay Aaron's play to then uplift Brett's non play.
Brett plays badly. "oh..they are just experimenting". Aaron plays better.."oh..it's against 2nd stringers".

Listen to yourselves sometimes...it's hilarious. That's the real "WOW..just WOW".

One bad preseason game? How about avging 25 plus interceptions for the last 3 seasons? How bout the packers doing better than 8-8 if they had a QB who managed the game better and didn't gamble as much?

You know why he's speaking about team chemistry? He's knows his own window is closing and he's pleading for others to help him out. That's the real reason. He knows the end is quite near.

Brett's looking a LOT like the way Mark Brunell and Kurt Warner are.
Overstaying their welcome.

And so WHAT if the packers go 4-11 under a QB after Favre? Once that young QB gets the TIME w/the reigns...they won't be 4-11 the year after...

Think LONG term..not the year that you're holding onto the aging superstar.

You guys still want Favre to play till he's 50 don't you? He's still gonna be better than half the league's QB's right? "Brett forever" rah rah..cliche cliche...[insert overused Brett cliche here]...

WOW..

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be honest. There really is no chance this team is going to the Super Bowl, in fact, with their schedule they're probably a long shot to have a winning record and make it to the playoffs.

So although no one cares to admit it, I think that Brett is really only playing this season for one reason, that is to get a bunch of NFL records. And I'm not saying that is his decision any moreso than that of the team.

In the end, Brett gets his records and gets to retire as a legend. The team buys another year to rebuild with everyone cheering on their hero even if the team isn't winning.

And if the grand plan for future success doesn't work, the only real losers are the fans who paid their hard earned money expecting a quality product in return for their investment.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be honest. There really is no chance this team is going to the Super Bowl, in fact, with their schedule they're probably a long shot to have a winning record and make it to the playoffs.

So although no one cares to admit it, I think that Brett is really only playing this season for one reason, that is to get a bunch of NFL records. And I'm not saying that is his decision any moreso than that of the team.

In the end, Brett gets his records and gets to retire as a legend. The team buys another year to rebuild with everyone cheering on their hero even if the team isn't winning.

And if the grand plan for future success doesn't work, the only real losers are the fans who paid their hard earned money expecting a quality product in return for their investment.

Who's says he's gonna be gracious enough to step down after this year?
Why not play until Aaron's contract runs out?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I honestly don't think anyone can say much about Brett Favre until we see how this season pans out. In my opinion, I still think he can be really good and am willing to give him one more chance. If he does a stinky job this season, then I think it's A-Rod's time.

Favre must PROVE he's still better this season, and if not, then it's time to step down. If you don't believe that he should have another season / several regular season games to prove himself, then you obviously believe that he is done now, which is fine. To each his own. However, I along with several others believe that he still can be above average, which is better then a lot of teams have. Regardless, until we see how he does this season, it's strictly OPINION.

I will gladly welcome Rodgers if Brett doesn't preform well this season. If he does a great job . . . well, we'll see.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't think anyone can say much about Brett Favre until we see how this season pans out. In my opinion, I still think he can be really good and am willing to give him one more chance. If he does a stinky job this season, then I think it's A-Rod's time.

Favre must PROVE he's still better this season, and if not, then it's time to step down. If you don't believe that he should have another season / several regular season games to prove himself, then you obviously believe that he is done now, which is fine. To each his own. However, I along with several others believe that he still can be above average, which is better then a lot of teams have. Regardless, until we see how he does this season, it's strictly OPINION.

I will gladly welcome Rodgers if Brett doesn't preform well this season. If he does a great job . . . well, we'll see.

Good post. I agree completely. And I used to live in Asheville. Great town. I lived on Cumberland Ave.

I think Cal2GreenBay is jumping the gun by saying that Brett has overstayed his welcome. The fact is, last year Bret was clearly the best QB on the team. So who can blame him for coming back this year? Now, things appear to have evened up considerably between him and Rodgers. And although Rodgers looked better in Pittsburgh, there are three more weeks left in training camp. Then a whole 16 game season.

What worries me most about Favre is that he seems to have a negative attitude. Hopefully it is just temporary, following the death of his wife's stepfather and a crummy performance by the entire first-string offense on Saturday. He certainly deserves the chance to work out of this funk, and he will get that chance. If he plays badly during the regular season, then we've got a problem, but we'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it.

Getting back to the original post, yes, I think Rodgers' improved play could light a fire under Brett. A little extra motivation never hurt anybody.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well said. I personally think Favre still has it. 7 attempts without a first down in a fricken preseason game is no reason to panic. We'll click. We just aren't yet.

If I'm wrong, then bring in Rodgers. I just think Favre still has it.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="Cal2GreenBay]The Brett apologists come out in droves.

11-5 WITH Brett Favre?

And so WHAT if the packers go 4-11 under a QB after Favre? Once that young QB gets the TIME w/the reigns...they won't be 4-11 the year after...

Think LONG term..not the year that you're holding onto the aging superstar.

You guys still want Favre to play till he's 50 don't you? He's still gonna be better than half the league's QB's right? "Brett forever" rah rah..cliche cliche...[insert overused Brett cliche here]...

WOW..[/quote]

I think you're the one who's reaching here a bit, Cal2GB.

You're already annointing Rodgers as the savior of the Packers who's going to bring them to the SB in a few years after one ok pre-season game against Pittsburgh's 2nd and 3rd string defense?

To that, I say, WOW.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't proven bupkiss yet, and you have him winning championships for the Packers. That's a mighty big stretch.

We don't even know if Ted Thompson is going to work out as GM yet, but you're convinced Rodgers is the answer. Hell, I'm not even sure TT and MM are convinced yet.

This is what happens when you have a fan of an individual with blinders on who is not dealing with the reality of the situation. It amounts to hero worship of one individual at the expense of the whole team.

All I can say is WOW, frickin' WOW. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Getting back to the original post, yes, I think Rodgers' improved play could light a fire under Brett. A little extra motivation never hurt anybody.

I completely agree.

This team will build chemistry, that is to say there will be more in the season opener than there was last week against the Steelers.

The fact that Brett sees success of the second and third stringers will help him to some extent also, as he'll get a feel for Jones and Martin just by watching how they work with Rodgers.

So if they have success with Rodgers, it'll not only motivate Brett, I believe it'll help him understand his WRs a little more, which isn't a bad thing for Rodgers/Brett/Packers/Packers' fans.

Reaction score
Who's says he's gonna be gracious enough to step down after this year?
Why not play until Aaron's contract runs out?

This has nothing to do with Brett being gracious or not.

He has earned the right to play for as long as he feels like he still has it.

Brett himself has said he believes he still has it, McCarthy has said he believes Brett still has it, and Ted himself has said he believes Brett still has it.

As long as Brett still has it, he will be a heck of a lot better than A-Rod. The plan is to win now, and a Favre that still has "it" gives the team a better shot to win now.

Brett has 17 years of NFL experience, and no matter how many games in one season Rodgers plays, he won't gain that much experience.

Rodgers will see his shot. If he wants it sooner, he needs to do what he is doing now: work his behind off to become the best QB on the Packers.

Let's keep one thing in mind: McCarthy himself said he didn't prepare the first O good enough, and that the plays called were because those were the plays that the Packers needed to work on, and not because they were game planned for the Steelers specifically.

Don't put too much stock into just one game, especially considering the above paragraph.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're the one who's reaching here a bit, Cal2GB.

You're already annointing Rodgers as the savior of the Packers who's going to bring them to the SB in a few years after one ok pre-season game against Pittsburgh's 2nd and 3rd string defense?

To that, I say, WOW.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't proven bupkiss yet, and you have him winning championships for the Packers. That's a mighty big stretch.

We don't even know if Ted Thompson is going to work out as GM yet, but you're convinced Rodgers is the answer. Hell, I'm not even sure TT and MM are convinced yet.

Still reaching Fuzznuts. I didn't every say Aaron was leading the team to the superbowl in a few years...

You're confusing me with other posters "you have him winning championships" for other posters...

I said he had a good game..I said he's showing his worth now and justifying his draft status. I said you guys will be happy w/the QB he will be when he gets his chance.

I DID NOT say he's going to bring them a superbowl in a couple years and anointed him the savior.

All this other stuff is YOU filling in the blanks and making conclusions.

Let's set that record straight.

You ARE apologizing for Brett. If he has ONE bad game...why can't he be critcized for that one game? If he has a good game the next time out..then we say GOOD game BRETT...THe NFL is about "what have you done for me LATELY".

You don't have to down play Aaron's good play over Brett's bad play.
Just say Brett had a bad game. To say Aaron's was not an accomplishment isn't necessary and makes you look like a Favre homer...

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS when FUZZNUTS doesn't READ MY POSTS and categorizes what I say..and ASSUMES stuff..and gets it all wrong.

Check my posts..I've said I'm a PACKER FAN first and a Rodgers fan second.
wHat posters like ME do not LIKE...are posters in here who are FAVRE fans first and PACKER fans second.

THE ENTIRE TEAM is young...They need to grow together. That's how you build a long term solution. Having Brett play a couple years right now is hindering that process.not helping. Even if the team loses more w/out him..they will be better in the long run w/the lessons they learn.

THat's the PACKER FAN long term perspective...

"I want BRETT to play FOREVER"..rah rah hulkamania nonsense...
is a nonsensical... apologist, idealistic, and frankly juvenile....
FAVRE over the PACKERS perspective.

And NONE of that has to do w/Aaron Rodgers. It has to do w/the PACKERS....

This is what happens when you have a fan of an individual with blinders on who is not dealing with the reality of the situation. It amounts to hero worship of one individual at the expense of the whole team.

This is definitely a LOOK back in the MIRROR quote for you regarding Brett FAVRE...

WOW and WOW..

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon Cal.

There are plenty of posters here (you included), that are just waiting for Brett to screw up and say he's lost it, is hurting the Packers, hurting Aaron Rodger's development, not the future, yada, yada, yada, breathing down his neck and chomping at the bit ready to scream. "put Rodgers in now."

How is that rooting for the Packer team?

I think it's a little disingenuine for you to say that all you're saying is that Aaron Rodgers had a good game, and Brett didn't. Yeah, Rodgers played ok against second and third stringers, and Brett and the entire offense struggled against the first. Once again, it's a problem of timing, which folks here don't seem to understand at all. Brett hasn't had the same damn wide receivers for a full season now in what, 5 years but Donald Driver? Is it any wonder why he may trust him a little more until he gets more work with these very green rookies? Don't crucify him over it then! That's why some FA vets at WR would have been nice.

Hell, just look at your signature, "Usher in the new era of Packer Dominance". My question to you is, how do you know when Brett is gone that it's going to be a "new era of Packer Dominance".

What guarantee do you have? It might be ushering in the new era of Packer mediocrity. You have no idea, and neither does anyone here, even TT. According to him, "I think we can win a few games". Your placing alot of your faith on potential, and not reality, imo.

One thing I do know is that there are no sure things in football, and that if you have a chance to win now with your best player at a certain position, you play him.

But don't come here with your hat in your hand saying you're just rooting for the Packer's team when your avatar and signature, and posts scream something else.

(You seem like a Rodgers homer to me.)

Do us all a favor. Root for Brett Favre to suceed this year too.

He's part of the Green Bay Packers football organization as well, you know.

Finally, your assertion that "Brett Favre is hindering the process of the development of the Packers is just plain, flat-out wrong!

Having Favre in there to play with this team during it's rebuilding process has actually been helping Aaron Rodgers and the Packers develop, and probably extended the length of Ted Thompson's career as GM of the Green Bay Packers. If he had put Rodgers in there 2 years ago to get killed in front of an inexperienced, rookie offensive line, it could have damaged the kid's confidence in himself greatly. Favre took that pressure off of him, and TT. So Favre has had to suffer through the growing pains of this team, yet people castigate him, and expect him to perform miracles.

Relax, Aaron Rodgers is only 23 years old. There's plenty of time for him to succeed in the NFL, or fail. :thumbsup:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
wHat posters like ME do not LIKE...are posters in here who are FAVRE fans first and PACKER fans second.

THE ENTIRE TEAM is young...They need to grow together. That's how you build a long term solution. Having Brett play a couple years right now is hindering that process.not helping. Even if the team loses more w/out him..they will be better in the long run w/the lessons they learn.

The only thing you've ever done on this board, as far as I can recall, is cheerlead for Aaron Rodgers. So don't be surprised if people think you are putting Rodgers ahead of the team. Personally, I think you've cheered for Rodgers in a good way, and I haven't had a problem with it (though I suspect you are a friend or relative of him), but when you criticize Favre, you are going to get some flak.

The ideal situation for the team would be to have Rodgers start this year or next year so he can gain real game experience before the rest of the team peaks. But as long as Brett Favre is the best QB on the roster, he has every right to continue as the starter. If he falters this year, the coach should consider putting Rodgers in there. If that doesn't happen, and it probably won't, there should be a completely open competition for the starting QB spot in training camp next year. Let them split time with the #1 offense, and may the best man win.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers going out and performing at a high level in pre season does make Favre want to go out and prove himself even more. Now Favre's job is not even in jeopardy. He'll start every game unless he gets hurt but you can't say Favre doesn't want to go out and prove to the world he is the best QB the Packers have.

He still wants to show everyone that he still has it. What better way then showing up Aaron Rodgers? To me it's a no brainier. Both of them are trying to out perform one another because they both want to prove something. I like that a lot actually.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure I have heard much about this so far but from what I have read I don't think Brett has set training camp on fire so far. It seems like the report every day has him with two picks and I haven't heard many great accolades.

This is not about Brett's lost it or he's no good anymore or any of that. Just an observation from reading stuff on how practices are going.

A little surprising since they came back with what they installed last year so it's not so much new stuff that he is seeing for the first time.

Not saying I'm overly worried at this point but it would be nice to hear he's kicking butt out there and really sharp.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what you're reading Warhawk, but here it is.

Favre, Offense Nearly Flawless In Scrimmage

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 08/04/2007

The Green Bay Packers couldn't have asked for any better execution from Brett Favre and the No. 1 offense, until their very last play.

In front of 59,362 fans at Lambeau Field on Saturday, Favre directed two flawless 75-yard scoring drives on the first two possessions of the Family Night scrimmage against the No. 2 defense.

Then in their two-minute drive against the No. 1 defense, Favre and the offense marched 62 yards and was in the red zone when Favre made his lone mistake of the evening, under-throwing a pass into end zone that was easily picked off by Nick Collins.

Still, it was an impressive display of execution up to that point, with Favre completing 13-of-14 passes for 156 yards before the interception on his last play.

"We were consistent," said receiver Greg Jennings, who had four catches for 31 yards on the first two drives. "Obviously we weren't going against the 1s, but anytime you can move the ball down the field consistently and at a methodical pace, where everybody is making plays and everybody is on the same page, that says a lot."

The first drive took nine plays to go the 75 yards. Favre was 5-for-5 for 58 yards, zipping an 11-yard TD pass to Donald Driver on a crossing route. Driver also had a 22-yard catch. The running game contributed as well. Brandon Jackson had three carries for 12 yards, and Noah Herron ran once for 5 yards to convert a third-and-3, the only third down on the drive.

The second drive seemed even smoother, taking only six plays and including some no-huddle work. Favre was 4-for-4 for 70 yards. Driver made a falling, 33-yard grab along the sideline, and Jackson followed with a 25-yard catch down the middle to put the ball on the 1. The rookie running back, who had six carries for 20 yards on the night, finished it with a TD plunge.

"We always have to start with one completion and then we go from there," said Driver, who finished with four catches for 72 yards. "Greg said it best, he said we drove the ball down and didn't have any incomplete balls. That's shows you the offense is coming together. We still have work to do, but it's coming along."

Favre's first incomplete pass didn't come until the first play of the two-minute drive, when Aaron Kampman batted it down at the line. But two passes to Herron gained 19 yards, a defensive pass interference gained 17 yards, and Herron rushed twice for 16 more.

That left the offense with third-and-1 on the 13-yard line. Head coach Mike McCarthy said Favre was looking for a receiver in the back of the end zone but underthrew the ball, and Collins made the easy interception.

"I thought Brett was in a good rhythm," McCarthy said. "I thought he had a polished evening. He had one mistake in the two-minute.

"Brett looked very sharp. I liked the tempo of the first offense. I was very pleased with the performance of the first offense."

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers going out and performing at a high level in pre season does make Favre want to go out and prove himself even more. Now Favre's job is not even in jeopardy. He'll start every game unless he gets hurt but you can't say Favre doesn't want to go out and prove to the world he is the best QB the Packers have.

He still wants to show everyone that he still has it. What better way then showing up Aaron Rodgers? To me it's a no brainier. Both of them are trying to out perform one another because they both want to prove something. I like that a lot actually.

Porky..you bring up very good point. I agree wholeheartedly

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Fuzznuts said:

The only thing you've ever done on this board, as far as I can recall, is cheerlead for Aaron Rodgers. So don't be surprised if people think you are putting Rodgers ahead of the team. Personally, I think you've cheered for Rodgers in a good way, and I haven't had a problem with it (though I suspect you are a friend or relative of him), but when you criticize Favre, you are going to get some flak.

The ideal situation for the team would be to have Rodgers start this year or next year so he can gain real game experience before the rest of the team peaks. But as long as Brett Favre is the best QB on the roster, he has every right to continue as the starter. If he falters this year, the coach should consider putting Rodgers in there. If that doesn't happen, and it probably won't, there should be a completely open competition for the starting QB spot in training camp next year. Let them split time with the #1 offense, and may the best man win.

Hi. Yes..I am a friend of Aarons. However, I really am a packer fan first.
The reason why people like me think the team is better of w/out Favre at this point is similar to whe the 49ers they drafted Alex Smith. They took a huge beating w/Alex Smith at the helm..but they rebounded the following year.
The packers have a better nucleus than the 49ers do..so the growing pains associated w/a new QB are GONNA come..but waiting for Aaron's 2nd 3rd year make it tougher.

Sure the ideal situation is to make it seamless like Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers..and that may very well be the outcome...

But in the 49ers AND the Chargers situations..they had to jettison the veteran in front of their high draft QB to make room for him.

They HAVE to make room. That's the inevitable reality of the NFL
whether it be Drew Brees(SD), Jeff Garcia(SF), or Brett Favre.

AND...I would say this about ANY 1st round QB who was behind Favre..
Not just because it's Aaron. If Jay Cutler were behind Favre..I'd be rooting for that transition to happen too.

Reaction score
I see where you're coming from Cal, but at the end of the day I think you want the Packers to do the best thing for winning now. That's what every team wants, afterall.

If that means Rodgers is the starter, than we need to support that. If it means Rodgers sits on the side lines for another year, we'll support that then.

Either way, the pre-season is still young. I think we're all getting too caught up in basing things off just one game where the coach himself said the playcalling was different than what he usually would call.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having Favre in there to play with this team during it's rebuilding process has actually been helping Aaron Rodgers and the Packers develop, and probably extended the length of Ted Thompson's career as GM of the Green Bay Packers. If he had put Rodgers in there 2 years ago to get killed in front of an inexperienced, rookie offensive line, it could have damaged the kid's confidence in himself greatly. Favre took that pressure off of him, and TT. So Favre has had to suffer through the growing pains of this team, yet people castigate him, and expect him to perform miracles.

Relax, Aaron Rodgers is only 23 years old. There's plenty of time for him to succeed in the NFL, or fail. :thumbsup:

I do agree that Favre being in there has helped Aaron transition into the NFL game. But 3 years is pushing it..for both parties.
Brett has not hindered the last two years..but this is the year of truth.
This is when he has to realize the end is near.

The pack had two choices to handle this. the 49ers way..or the chargers way.

The 49ers way would be to cut the older vet(Jeff Garcia) and throw the young QB out there and let him take his lumps...lost more than 10 games and rebound the next year. The argument is that QB would lose his confidence. Alex Smith did not..and I don't think Aaron would either.

The Chargers way is to keep the young QB in the wings for TWO YEARS..and then trade away the veteran QB(Brees) and have a smoother transition for the young QB to win right away.

The PACKERS way seemed more like the Charger way..but we are in year THREE now..and a possible 4th, 5th or 6th.

Now that Aaron's showing signs of being able to take the reigns..it DOES start getting towards the hindering process for Favre.

There's just a disconnect. The team is in rebuild w/Aaron. Brett wants to win now. The Packers are not gonna get him to the superbowl anytime soon. Even next year. So..what is he to do? Stick around more? For what?

Going back to the "gives the best chance to win" addage.

Brett gives the packers the best chance to win right now. I agree.

HOWEVER..

The Packers do not give Brett FAVRE the best chance to win. (which he is realizing and mentions in his press conferences)

So w/that addage..I'd think Brett would want to get to a team in his last 4-5 years left...that can give him the "best chance to win"

Reaction score
But Rodgers is just showing glimpses here and there, and they aren't consistent signs yet Cal.

There isn't one of two ways about this; the Packers don't have to follow the 49ers way or the Chargers way.

Let us remember that Young was a backup to 49er great Montana for four years.

Let us remember that Ganon was a back-up in the NFL until something like his 8th year in the NFL.

Let us also remember the Jags pushing the vet Brunell out for Leftwich, and how that move didn't turn out well for the Jags.

Brett loves to play the game, and he'll continue to do it for as long as he thinks he can. That's his right.

We need to see Rodgers show these "signs" consistently. He has looked good for one pre-season game thus far.

Wait at least until he shows something in the next couple of preseason games before you say that Rodgers is showing signs of being able to take the reigns. I still think you are putting too much stock into his performance on Sat.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Cal I am starting to think you are Aaron himself, Cal 2 Green Bay :thumbsup:

Arron waited til the 25th pick and he will wait another year, sorry. Your trying to push Favre out is kinda like complaining about Ted's building of the offensive talent on the team for 2007. It ain't making a bit of damn difference.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal I am starting to think you are Aaron himself, Cal 2 Green Bay :thumbsup:

Arron waited til the 25th pick and he will wait another year, sorry. Your trying to push Favre out is kinda like complaining about Ted's building of the offensive talent on the team for 2007. It ain't making a bit of damn difference.

Hehe..If I were actually Aaron..I'd have NO time to post w/you guys instead of being in the playbook and telling Brett to remember the x-receiver's option on a 4 spread laser left explosion.

Not trying to push Favre out..but simply put. Brett Favre gives the packers the best chance to win. The packers do NOT give Brett Favre the best chance to win. If winning is what he wants to do..there's the answer.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
But Rodgers is just showing glimpses here and there, and they aren't consistent signs yet Cal.

There isn't one of two ways about this; the Packers don't have to follow the 49ers way or the Chargers way.

Let us remember that Young was a backup to 49er great Montana for four years.

Let us remember that Ganon was a back-up in the NFL until something like his 8th year in the NFL.

Let us also remember the Jags pushing the vet Brunell out for Leftwich, and how that move didn't turn out well for the Jags.

Brett loves to play the game, and he'll continue to do it for as long as he thinks he can. That's his right.

We need to see Rodgers show these "signs" consistently. He has looked good for one pre-season game thus far.

Wait at least until he shows something in the next couple of preseason games before you say that Rodgers is showing signs of being able to take the reigns. I still think you are putting too much stock into his performance on Sat.

Very good points about Brunelle and Gannon...

I really don't have any further.comment on Aaron's progress.

I really have comments on Favre completely separate from Aaron.
People think tht cuz I have something to say about Favre in my posts that it's directly linked to Aaron. It's not. I know that maybe difficult to decipher from me especially..but it's true.

More than Aaron's progress..I have more of a comment on Brett's urgency to win. Just as posted above.

Brett gives the packers the best chance to win. The Packers do not give Brett the best chance to win. He wants to win now..so therein is the issue.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hehe..If I were actually Aaron..I'd have NO time to post w/you guys instead of being in the playbook and telling Brett to remember the x-receiver's option on a 4 spread laser left explosion.

Not trying to push Favre out..but simply put. Brett Favre gives the packers the best chance to win. The packers do NOT give Brett Favre the best chance to win. If winning is what he wants to do..there's the answer.

I do agree that Green Bay right now doesn't give Brett the best chance to win, but my guess is they will win about half of their games. I too am waiting to see Aaron in real games. But in time that will happen, but I want the Packers to win as many as they can.

Hey different question... is the Cal D going to be able to allow the Bears to compete for the title in the Pac 10?

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers hasnt been able to take the job yet. He played well in1 game. but until he is the best quarteback on the team day in and day out he rides the pines. No one owes anything to him, they especially don't owe him the starting job he has to earn that. which so far he hasn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts