List of UDFAs signed with Packers

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

He's an intriguing one. 6'6" 257 outside linebacker who plays the run well and has the speed to cover tight ends. Don't know if he'd be able to play the middle, but imagine trying to throw down the middle over him...

Hubbard has played strong side OLB in a 3-4 over the last two seasons, I think he´ll fit in there best.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
A little trivia for you all (or y'all if you're living south of the line). Below are the UDFAs that have made the 53-man coming out of camp the past few years:

2009: Evan Dietrich-Smith
2010: Nick McDonald, Sam Shields, Frank Zombo
2011: MD Jennings, Jamari Lattimore, Vic So'oto
2012: Dezman Moses, Don Barclay, Sean Richardson
2013: Andy Mulumba, Lane Taylor, Chris Banjo, Jarrett Boykin -- honorable mention to Myles White and Jake Stoneburner for being brought up from the practice squad

That's pretty good production out of what I call the secondary draft.
That is absolutely awesome scouting and coaching. Averaging one starter a year through UDFA's.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers have signed safety Charles Clay, who attended rookie camp as a tryout, to the 90-man roster.

As of right now, they have one spot available on the roster.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of right now, they have one spot available on the roster.
Got to be the Colt. I figure, the odds of a player making the roster from the tryouts is really low. The UDFA listed above are probably guys signed right after the draft and not the 20+ who come in for a tryout. Might as well grab a guy with 1st round talent and see if he matures and dedicates himself.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

NFL transaction wire reports the Packers have signed TE Colt Lyerla to the 90-man roster. This means there aren´t any spots available on the roster right now.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

In addition to signing Lyerla the Packers have released TE Raymond Webber and signed Miami (FL) DE Luther Robinson to the roster as well.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about this tanner miller kid? Sounds like he had a lot of interest after going undrafted. Safety out of Iowa? 7 interceptions throughout his college career. Maybe someone to keep an eye on. FS or SS? Really don't know much about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Anybody know anything about this tanner miller kid? Sounds like he had a lot of interest after going undrafted. Safety out of Iowa? 7 interceptions throughout his college career. Maybe someone to keep an eye on. FS or SS? Really don't know much about him.

He actually replaced Micah Hyde at FS after the second game of the 2011 season at Iowa. Projects to be a strong safety at the NFL level.

Members online

Latest posts