QB Chase Retting, Boston College
DE Jayrone Elliot, Toledo
CB Ryan White, Auburn
RB James Sims, Kansas

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
S.C. State linebacker Thomas is the 2013 SBN Sports Mel Blount Defensive Player of the Year. The 6-1, 230, senior from Blackville recorded 116 tackles, including 84 solo stops during the 2013 season. He also totaled 7.5 sacks, five pass break-ups, five quarterback hurries, one interception, one forced fumbled and one fumble recovery. He was the MEAC’s Defensive Player of the Year and a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award.

He put up beastly stats at ILB.

Maybe we got ourselves a diamond here.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting read about Joe Thomas. No wonder we jumped on him the second the draft was over.

http://thetandd.com/sports/bulldogz...cle_69ce701e-84b6-11e3-af38-001a4bcf887a.html

Measurables. 4.7 40. Seems quick.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=96941&draftyear=2014&genpos=ILB
Good read.
The guy sounds like a potential find.

They lost me at this part though, as I thought it was 2014 now:
South Carolina State’s Joe Thomas, Andrew Carter and Alex Glover were named Thursday to the 2013 SBN Sports Black College All-American Team, with Thomas being honored as the defensive player of the year.The American Urban Radio Networks and its partner, the Black College Football Hall of Fame, announced.....
I guess we still have a looong way to go in society, segregation is alive and well apparently.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Updated list of UDFA that have signed with the Packers:

ILB Joe Thomas, South Carolina State
RB Rajion Neal, Tennesssee
ILB Jack Doughty, Utah State
G John Fullington, Washington State
DE/OLB Jayrone Elliot, Toledo
CB Ryan White, Auburn
RB James Sims, Kansas
DL Carlos Gray, North Carolina State
DL Mike Pennel, Colorado State
OL Jordan McCray, Central Florida
TE Justin Perillo, Maine
S Tanner Miller, Iowa

In addition these players will try out at the rookie orientation camp next week:

RB Chris Rycraw, Ouachita Baptist
ILB Nate Dreiling, Pittsburgh State
OLB Jordan Stanton, James Madison
OL Jamal Ellis, Newberry
K Vincenzo D'Amato, California
P Paul Layton, Temple
DL LaDarius Perkins, Mississippi State
DL L.T. Tuipolutu, Utah

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Fullington or McCray should toss Lindsey, Rettig is a nice prospect, Couple of nice ILB, PERILLO IS SHORT *********.

Why so many talented RB?! Remember when we argued over whether Harris or Franklin makes the roster? Neither might.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers add another two undrafted free agents in Alabama OLB Adrian Hubbard and Mississippi State DE Denico Autry.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They lost me at this part though, as I thought it was 2014 now:
I guess we still have a looong way to go in society, segregation is alive and well apparently.

Pfff... The historically black university is a vestige of segregation but anyone can attend today. Some of these schools no longer have a majority black student population. In the southeast, where these are concentrated, I have observed a much healthier black middle class and more racially-integrated neighborhoods. Is this the product of historically black universities? -I dunno. But it seems like blacks have more going for themselves in this part of the country and I think institutions that black people can take pride in contributes to that.

In contrast, when I return home to Wisconsin, I'm usually struck by the virtual absence of blacks outside small pockets in Milwaukee and, to a lesser degree, Madison (many of the country's most segregated cities in America are located in the upper Midwest- check out the link). But I don't think Wisconsin boasts any historically black universities so I guess you have that to feel good about. A long way to go is right.

Big picture: it's mistaken to suggest that historically black universities are simply a product of segregation rather than a part of the fix.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Maybe TT gets the last laugh. I wanted a ILB too but after Mosley there was a huge drop off. If you look at "Joe Thomas" out of South Carolina State, his pro day numbers compare to Mosely's. In fact his vertical jump and bench press reps are higher. He is a little smaller but was an all-american at South Carolina State and was the key component in the no.1 run defense in the nation. He is also said to have a high football I.Q.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
We sure do. And it starts with people like you, who support white power groups. Those groups advocate violence. I would rather there not be halls of fame based on race but the difference between the two is massive in scope and impact.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hubbard is great against the run and setting the edge. Hes not much of a pass rusher though. But hes stout against the run at the OLB spot. Hes a big OLB. 6'6 265

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Hubbard is great against the run and setting the edge. Hes not much of a pass rusher though. But hes stout against the run at the OLB spot. Hes a big OLB. 6'6 265

I think Hubbard is the only guy the Packers brought in expected to be drafted. He didn´t have a great season and should have probably stayed in college for another year.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Why so many talented RB?! Remember when we argued over whether Harris or Franklin makes the roster? Neither might.

I expect them to be just bodies for the rookie orientation camp and don´t expect any of them to make it to camp.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hubbard is the only guy the Packers brought in expected to be drafted. He didn´t have a great season and should have probably stayed in college for another year.

He had already gotten his degree, which is why I believe he entered the draft. He's also known to be cocky though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like jake doughty and joe Thomas. I think one will make the roster and one will hit the PS. Doughty is kind of exciting. He's fast. He's just undersized but idk, maybe he pulls a Jamari Lattimore and surprises. Think he's more polished than Lattimore at the position even though Lattimore has been in the league a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We sure do. And it starts with people like you, who support white power groups. Those groups advocate violence. I would rather there not be halls of fame based on race but the difference between the two is massive in scope and impact.
Oh let's not start with the personal attacks again here.
I don't advocate violence at all, except in self-defense... I just think if it's fair for one group, it should be fair for the others.

This is 2014, not 1964.
I don't believe there should be BET, United ***** College Fund, Miss Black America, etc. but since there is, I believe there should be able to be the vice versa's as well.
That's all.

Back to football. This is why I have you on ignore, but bit this time and clicked the SEE IGNORED CONTENT.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
List of UDFA signed with the Packers:

ILB Joe Thomas, South Carolina State
RB Rajion Neal, Tennesssee
ILB Jack Doughty, Utah State
G John Fullington, Washington State
DE Jayrone Elliot, Toledo
CB Ryan White, Auburn
RB James Sims, Kansas

I should know about Ryan White but I don't. Since they both went UDFA, we should've signed Chris Davis, who is a decent corner and pretty good returner. But Ted got outsmarted again, this time by San Diego.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also I've seen Rettig play, I expect him to maybe be Practice Squad for a year or to be cut. NO way right now he's better than Tolzien.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

He had already gotten his degree, which is why I believe he entered the draft. He's also known to be cocky though.

He would have had another year of college football eligibility. Maybe he uses not being drafted as motivation to show all other teams they made a mistake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts