LIONS

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are not looking like 5-1 team and the Falcons have been struggling themselves. A lot of stupid mistakes and penlites are hurting them. Packers would be wise to take the Falcons example and go with the no huddle offense. It's working against the Lions but that's mostly due to lack of noise made by Lion's fans. I don't know if that would work at Lambeau, we can't silence our own fans.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I have the Falcons/Lions game and have been watching it. It's looking like a struggle, biggest problem for Detroit is their running game. Just as we've said before, it would come back and haunt them.

I think Matt Ryan is injured now. That's just ****ing great, we need Detroit to lose....

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Matt Ryan is injured now. That's just ******* great, we need Detroit to lose....

Yeah, I just saw the injury, and nobody touched him. He just collapsed and was carried off. Actually, his LT sat on his leg. Ouch. He's gonna be out for a long time. Good Lord, the Detroit turf is awful.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw the injury, and nobody touched him. He just collapsed and was carried off. Good Lord, the Detroit turf is awful.

His offensive linemen stepped on his foot and it looked like he hurt his ankle or foot.

Oh well, game over now, the Lions will come back and win yet another game they should lose.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw the injury, and nobody touched him. He just collapsed and was carried off. Good Lord, the Detroit turf is awful.

One of his own players, tackles stepped on his leg as he was going down. Not a pretty sight. Ryan's going to the locker room to be checked out. Not good for the Falcons.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Sack on Stafford just saved Atlanta a touchdown. Also, a really dumb penalty just nullified a really good FG block.

Ryan's back in.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really not impressed with either team and I'm seriously beginning to doubt the Lions. It doesn't even matter who wins at this point. Both teams have some issues they are going to need to address. A lot of silly mistakes and far too many penalties. IMO, they both lose. I think the Pack is going to have their way with them on Turkey day.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Pack have some breathing room now. Still have to win themselves but there is no longer a pesky little brother on your heels as badly.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows, the Lions may not even be in contention come Thanksgiving (I at least like to think that). That was their big opportunity, three straight games at home, and they lose two of them.

Vinniemack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 for 113 is contained? It was more the Niners defense that smashed Stafford around...They did get a safety on him ya know

Yea, that is contained. They prevented him from going deep and grabbing TD's. The lions are a one trick pony. It's basically Randy Moss from 07 all over, except Stafford is no Brady, and there is no Wes Welker to take pressure off the deep ball. Again I'm not saying Johnson is the sole reason for their turnaround, but on the O side of the ball he is their biggest reason. If you are game planning against this team Johnson is your number one priority. Stafford doesn't look to be anything more than good at this point, not great. He makes dumb throws, gets rattled, and gets injured a lot. Of course if you can hit the QB thats always a good thing. When your entire O runs thru the deep ball, your QB gets killed far too often. I still blame Josh Mcdaniel's and his stupid Air Brady O for getting Brady's knee nuked. If your team needs to go deep to win (and the Lions do) then you will ultimately get beaten by aggressive D's that can get after the QB. The Lions are being exposed now, Stafford is getting lit up left and right, and it is all because the entire O runs thru Johnson and the deep ball.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
The NFC North will not produce a Wild Card this year. It will go to the South or East.

I don't think this is true. The bears at this point are looking good, and like they are only building momentum at this point. The bears don't even have that tough of a schedule and I can honestly see them going 10-6, possibly even 11-5 at this point. And 10-6 usually get a team in the playoffs. I think even the lions who are looking pretty awful these days are gonna end with around 9 or 10 wins. Hell at this point if you look at the playoff standings the packers, bears, and lions are all in the playoffs.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was reading that the Falcons players said Suh made all kind of nasty comments about Ryan's injury when Ryan was laying on the ground hurt. The more I read about this guy, the more of Jerk (yes with a capitol J), I think he is.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
My thoughts.... the last two games they haven't done so well. And their coach acted like a psycho at the end of the 49ers game.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
My thoughts.... the last two games they haven't done so well. And their coach acted like a psycho at the end of the 49ers game.
agree....if the coach folds and behaves like that... doesn't bode well for the morale of the team.
just sayin...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You know power rankings mean nothing in the sense that it's just one writer's take on the power of a team but I"m going to enjoy seeing the Lions drop like a stone. I was completely stunned when some of them had Detroit at #2! You kidding me?
Better than the Saints or Patriots?

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
You know power rankings mean nothing in the sense that it's just one writer's take on the power of a team but I"m going to enjoy seeing the Lions drop like a stone. I was completely stunned when some of them had Detroit at #2! You kidding me?

Yea that's ridiculous the Lions are not number 2 they're are plenty of teams better then them, they are gonna start to crumble

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
power rankings totally stroke my ego

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see them lose today to give us some breathing room at the top. Still think Thanksgivings gonna be one tough game though.

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imo on thanksgiving we will be 11-0 and the lions 6-4 they will put up a fight but i think we will come up on to and clinch on thankgiving