1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LIONS

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by thepackers1fan4, Oct 21, 2011.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    They are losing to the Falcons

17-6 at half time
  2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    They are not looking like 5-1 team and the Falcons have been struggling themselves. A lot of stupid mistakes and penlites are hurting them. Packers would be wise to take the Falcons example and go with the no huddle offense. It's working against the Lions but that's mostly due to lack of noise made by Lion's fans. I don't know if that would work at Lambeau, we can't silence our own fans.
  3. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +962 / 17 / -9
    Matt Ryan is less and less like a difference maker every time I see Atlanta play.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I have the Falcons/Lions game and have been watching it. It's looking like a struggle, biggest problem for Detroit is their running game. Just as we've said before, it would come back and haunt them.

I think Matt Ryan is injured now. That's just ******* great, we need Detroit to lose....
  5. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah, I just saw the injury, and nobody touched him. He just collapsed and was carried off. Actually, his LT sat on his leg. Ouch. He's gonna be out for a long time. Good Lord, the Detroit turf is awful.
  6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    His offensive linemen stepped on his foot and it looked like he hurt his ankle or foot.

Oh well, game over now, the Lions will come back and win yet another game they should lose.
  7. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    One of his own players, tackles stepped on his leg as he was going down. Not a pretty sight. Ryan's going to the locker room to be checked out. Not good for the Falcons.
  8. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    A Sack on Stafford just saved Atlanta a touchdown. Also, a really dumb penalty just nullified a really good FG block.

Ryan's back in.
  9. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 55 / -5
    This is a karma thing. The Schwartz is no longer with this team due to the head coach being a prick.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm really not impressed with either team and I'm seriously beginning to doubt the Lions. It doesn't even matter who wins at this point. Both teams have some issues they are going to need to address. A lot of silly mistakes and far too many penalties. IMO, they both lose. I think the Pack is going to have their way with them on Turkey day.
  11. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Pack have some breathing room now. Still have to win themselves but there is no longer a pesky little brother on your heels as badly.
  12. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -0
    Who knows, the Lions may not even be in contention come Thanksgiving (I at least like to think that). That was their big opportunity, three straight games at home, and they lose two of them.
  13. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +839 / 18 / -5
    Yeah but I still can't wait for Thanks Giving.
  14. Vinniemack84

Vinniemack84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yea, that is contained. They prevented him from going deep and grabbing TD's. The lions are a one trick pony. It's basically Randy Moss from 07 all over, except Stafford is no Brady, and there is no Wes Welker to take pressure off the deep ball. Again I'm not saying Johnson is the sole reason for their turnaround, but on the O side of the ball he is their biggest reason. If you are game planning against this team Johnson is your number one priority. Stafford doesn't look to be anything more than good at this point, not great. He makes dumb throws, gets rattled, and gets injured a lot. Of course if you can hit the QB thats always a good thing. When your entire O runs thru the deep ball, your QB gets killed far too often. I still blame Josh Mcdaniel's and his stupid Air Brady O for getting Brady's knee nuked. If your team needs to go deep to win (and the Lions do) then you will ultimately get beaten by aggressive D's that can get after the QB. The Lions are being exposed now, Stafford is getting lit up left and right, and it is all because the entire O runs thru Johnson and the deep ball.
  15. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +588 / 13 / -0
    The best thing about them losing again is that they lost all of their moment
  16. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 20 / -2
    The NFC North will not produce a Wild Card this year. It will go to the South or East.
  17. dbain21

dbain21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I don't think this is true. The bears at this point are looking good, and like they are only building momentum at this point. The bears don't even have that tough of a schedule and I can honestly see them going 10-6, possibly even 11-5 at this point. And 10-6 usually get a team in the playoffs. I think even the lions who are looking pretty awful these days are gonna end with around 9 or 10 wins. Hell at this point if you look at the playoff standings the packers, bears, and lions are all in the playoffs.
  18. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +956 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I was reading that the Falcons players said Suh made all kind of nasty comments about Ryan's injury when Ryan was laying on the ground hurt. The more I read about this guy, the more of Jerk (yes with a capitol J), I think he is.
  19. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +577 / 1 / -0
    My thoughts.... the last two games they haven't done so well. And their coach acted like a psycho at the end of the 49ers game.
  20. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +832 / 8 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    agree....if the coach folds and behaves like that... doesn't bode well for the morale of the team.
    just sayin...
  21. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445 / 15 / -5
    You know power rankings mean nothing in the sense that it's just one writer's take on the power of a team but I"m going to enjoy seeing the Lions drop like a stone. I was completely stunned when some of them had Detroit at #2! You kidding me?
    Better than the Saints or Patriots?
  22. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yea that's ridiculous the Lions are not number 2 they're are plenty of teams better then them, they are gonna start to crumble
  23. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    power rankings totally stroke my ego
  24. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see them lose today to give us some breathing room at the top. Still think Thanksgivings gonna be one tough game though.
  25. buckshotrob

buckshotrob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    imo on thanksgiving we will be 11-0 and the lions 6-4 they will put up a fight but i think we will come up on to and clinch on thankgiving