LIONS

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Lions are doing well but they haven't been dominating anybody. They've been behind in quite a few games and some by considerable margins.

Now that it looks like (according to NFLN) Jhavid Best's season might be over with the concussion he sustained, Lions are going to have some problems.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Lions are doing well but they haven't been dominating anybody. They've been behind in quite a few games and some by considerable margins.

Now that it looks like (according to NFLN) Jhavid Best's season might be over with the concussion he sustained, Lions are going to have some problems.

I have noticed that they've been down by some pretty large deficits at half time and came back to win, I don't think they will be able to do that anymore with the defenses getting stronger every week.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I have noticed that they've been down by some pretty large deficits at half time and came back to win, I don't think they will be able to do that anymore with the defenses getting stronger every week.

Yeah and most of these large deficits they come back from are from teams just playing really bad football. Romo turning the ball over, defenses (Vikings) letting them crawl right back into games and completely abandoning the run when they have the lead.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Yeah and most of these large deficits they come back from are from teams just playing really bad football. Romo turning the ball over, defenses (Vikings) letting them crawl right back into games and completely abandoning the run when they have the lead.

Exactly! as seen last week (49ers) the Lions can be stopped, i'm sure lots of teams will be using the film to shut down the Lions in weeks to come. I can see the Lions maybe going on a bit of a losing streak.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Lions are improved but I don't buy into the Super Bowl hype surrounding them.

They are heavily dependent on Stafford throwing the ball, as they cannot run the ball very well. You seen what happened when a team made them throw every down last week.

I think down the line they are gonna have some tough games but winning 10 games seems very possible for them.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The Lions are improved but I don't buy into the Super Bowl hype surrounding them.

They are heavily dependent on Stafford throwing the ball, as they cannot run the ball very well. You seen what happened when a team made them throw every down last week.

I think down the line they are gonna have some tough games but winning 10 games seems very possible for them.

I agree that they have improved greatly but they do rely to much on the pass with no running game, then again wheres the Packers running game? we rely greatly on the pass as well.
Do you see the Lions winning the thanksgiving game? maybe even the division??

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ is a big part of the Lions team, but don't forget that Stafford gets the ball to him, Jahvid Best (maybe not statistically, but just watch the guy) has some real talent, and their front 4 on defense is possibly the scariest in the league.

They are a good team. I'm not real nervous about them because I know that baring anything crazy happening, we'll both make the playoffs. When that happens, we'll have home field advantage and the advantage of having players who have been here before. Stafford has the ability to step up when needed, thats for sure, but we will win when that game comes.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
CJ is a big part of the Lions team, but don't forget that Stafford gets the ball to him, Jahvid Best (maybe not statistically, but just watch the guy) has some real talent, and their front 4 on defense is possibly the scariest in the league.

They are a good team. I'm not real nervous about them because I know that baring anything crazy happening, we'll both make the playoffs. When that happens, we'll have home field advantage and the advantage of having players who have been here before. Stafford has the ability to step up when needed, thats for sure, but we will win when that game comes.
Stafford is having a very good season I will say but the Packers will have a better season. i'm not scared of the Lions either

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are pretty one dimensional on both sides of the ball, which still makes them much improved from previous seasons but still not nearly the "complete product" that the packers are putting out. The thanksgiving game will be a big game but in the end i think the packers start hot and matthew stafford forces a pass or two and we win by 10-14

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
They are pretty one dimensional on both sides of the ball, which still makes them much improved from previous seasons but still not nearly the "complete product" that the packers are putting out. The thanksgiving game will be a big game but in the end i think the packers start hot and matthew stafford forces a pass or two and we win by 10-14

I think the Packers will win the thanksgiving day game, Aaron will have another big game and Stafford will throw an INT in the clutch. Final score 21-10 Packers victory

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin johnsons impact on the lions improvement is one of the most overrated things I have ever heard.

Calvin Johnson's best year they went 0-16. Yeah he must be real valuable.

Its all Stafford and the improvement in pass defense.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I agree that they have improved greatly but they do rely to much on the pass with no running game, then again wheres the Packers running game? we rely greatly on the pass as well.
Do you see the Lions winning the thanksgiving game? maybe even the division??

We are averaging 99 rushing yards a game, and the Packers have had multiple 100+ rushing yard games. Can't say they totally depend on the pass even though they are running a west coast style pass heavy offense, they do get the rushing yards.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
We are averaging 99 rushing yards a game, and the Packers have had multiple 100+ rushing yard games. Can't say they totally depend on the pass even though they are running a west coast style pass heavy offense, they do get the rushing yards.

True but when the playoffs roll around they are gonna need to utilize the run more to really be that threat that no one can beat.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
True but when the playoffs roll around they are gonna need to utilize the run more to really be that threat that no one can beat.

Did you forget last year's playoffs? They averaged over 100 rushing yards in every game up to the Super Bowl.....Everyone claims we have trouble running the ball but I don't see it since the play offs last season. Grant coming back healthy, and Starks on the roster has maintained a heavy run threat.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Did you forget last year's playoffs? They averaged over 100 rushing yards in every game up to the Super Bowl.....Everyone claims we have trouble running the ball but I don't see it since the play offs last season. Grant coming back healthy, and Starks on the roster has maintained a heavy run threat.

I just personally think a even better ground game will help us along the road especially to close games.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I see them as a wildcard team. And possibly not a dangerous wildcard team depending on how good of a road team they are and who they get in the first game.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I see them as a wildcard team. And possibly not a dangerous wildcard team depending on how good of a road team they are and who they get in the first game.

yea I believe they will make the playoffs but lose in the first round second if they're lucky

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are a growing/ improving team. I thought they would be better even at the close of last year. Right now the Lions, along with several other teams, the Bills, 49'ers, they are a team to keep our eyes on for the future. I don't look for any of these teams to be really relevant for another two years. They are making noise and getting our attention, and they should.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The Lions are a growing/ improving team. I thought they would be better even at the close of last year. Right now the Lions, along with several other teams, the Bills, 49'ers, they are a team to keep our eyes on for the future. I don't look for any of these teams to be really relevant for another two years. They are making noise and getting our attention, and they should.

I give the Lions props for coming out 5-0 the deserved it after all those terrible seasons, but I agree they wont be one of those teams you really have to watch out for probably about 2 years like you said, but they do have the attention of a lot of people they team is just to young in my opinion once there team gets a little more experience then they will be a team to look out for.

Members online

Latest posts