Lions

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers post-rodgers second concussion is like a whole different team than prior to. We really were, so it's gonna be tough to gage how well we do against DET.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both teams are radically different than they were last year. We will be facing a different Lions team and they will be facing a different Packers team. Both are much stronger than before. It will be a good game for sure. The Lions have got to be looking forward to it every bit as much as we are. They are riding the momentum of 5-0, but so are the Packers. It's going to come down to who has the better team all around. I think the Lions will be the toughest opponent we will face this year, but I think the Pack is the better team. Better QB, Oline, D (as a whole, I do fear Suh).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm rooting for every team here on out to beat the Lions.
I'll have to hold my nose when I swallow the Vikes bitter pill though.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
The lions offense while explosive doesn't worry too much. Their secondary is average, but its that d-line that makes me shiver when I think about that defense. Thanksgiving is going to be interesting for sure, especially considering my brother is a die hard lions fan and my whole family is packer fans. Honestly though losing that game wouldn't be the worst thing in the world considering we get detroit at home to end the season.
Could you imagine if the lions and packers are undefeated going into that game? it will be a more electric atmosphere than the monday night game. I'm drooling for thanksgiving football, and turkey!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Last night was a nice way to review Detroit's secondary when they let Cutler get by with some things. He actually posted a 28/38 with a TD and NO Interceptions. Lions are good, but to let Cutler get by shows you something was getting by last night, yet I did expect that....It's divisional, they'll probably let us slide with something we normally don't get by with, and then vice versa.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The Lions are much improved especially that line but I saw nothing last night that made me worry. The bears were about as inept as you could get, and they still hung around till the end of the game. That D Line is a power but against a good O line like ours (which should be healthy by thanksgiving) and the quick release of Aroge I don't think they are going to be as much of a factor and their secondary aint great. I for one can't wait until Thanksgiving so we can give this fairy tail a great ending.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
"The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on." General Grant

So bring on the Lions and get them out of the way. The Packers have a Super Bowl to win.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am becoming concerned about the Lions. I know that we'll make the playoffs baring anything absolutely outrageous happening. I also feel that they will make it. That puts one team in the wildcard, and I feel, one team in the #1 bye for wildcard week. The wildcard team will win. Then the two NFC north teams play. Where will they play? That will determine who wins and goes to the NFC title game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if it's Sherrod and Newhouse playing when we face them, it's gonna be a LONG game for us.

I do like our chances against their secondary and their offense if Bulaga is back, though.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if it's Sherrod and Newhouse playing when we face them, it's gonna be a LONG game for us.

I do like our chances against their secondary and their offense if Bulaga is back, though.

I'm a bit worried about our O tackles, too. I will say they did very well against the Falcons. They were kind of thrown into that situation blind when Clifton went out. I thought they responded pretty well. But there is nothing like Bulaga and Clifton. Rodgers himself seemed pretty skeptical of Newhouse and Sherrod at first but the seemed to get into the offensive rhythm and then just starting rolling. I think if it must be Newhouse and Sherrod, you can trust the Packers offensive coaching staff to get these guys ready to go if they aren't already. Like, I said, they impressed me, but if I had the choice, it would be Bulaga and Cliffy.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game on thanksgiving is going to come down to who makes the least mistakes, if we can get a couple of Lion turnovers and capitalise with points then we have a great shot, as long as we also dont turn the ball over

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about our O tackles, too. I will say they did very well against the Falcons. They were kind of thrown into that situation blind when Clifton went out. I thought they responded pretty well. But there is nothing like Bulaga and Clifton. Rodgers himself seemed pretty skeptical of Newhouse and Sherrod at first but the seemed to get into the offensive rhythm and then just starting rolling. I think if it must be Newhouse and Sherrod, you can trust the Packers offensive coaching staff to get these guys ready to go if they aren't already. Like, I said, they impressed me, but if I had the choice, it would be Bulaga and Cliffy.
Honestly, I'm not counting on Clifton for this season. Maybe playoffs.

But Bulaga has been playing very well, and Newhouse has time in this system and has performed well. The problem is Sherrod, he's a rookie coming from a completely different system.

TheDreamDoctor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even after 5-0 I'm not jumping on the bandwagon. The thought of them winning a Superbowl is just bonkers. I give them props for going 5-0 but the teams they have played are poop...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Even after 5-0 I'm not jumping on the bandwagon. The thought of them winning a Superbowl is just bonkers. I give them props for going 5-0 but the teams they have played are poop...
Really? Poop you say.

Tampa 3-2
Chiefs 2-3
Vikings 1-4
Dallas 2-2
Chicago 2-3
Overall record of opponents 10-14

As compared the the tough Packers schedule

New Orleans 4-1
Carolina 1-4
Chicago 2-3
Denver 1-4
Atlanta 2-3
Overall record of opponents 10-15.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I said this same thing this morning to my brother.... Tampa, Chiefs, Vikings, Cowboys, and Bears. Tamps is nowhere near what they were last year, the Chiefs are utterly horrible, the Vikings blow every lead they get with last week being an exception (against the CARDINALS and Kolb), and the Bears are meant to be 2-3 at this point.

Once Detroit plays the 9ers and the Falcons in the next two weeks, then we can reassess. Until then, I'm a little concerned, but certainly not convinced that they are SB contenders.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have the easier schedule, I won't dispute that point. But an elite team is still an elite team no matter who they play.

The Packers beat the Falcons while basically only playing them in 2 quarters of football. Lets make no mistake, the Falcons don't suck, look what they managed to do to us in the 1st half. But the 2nd half was all the Pack needed to put them away. What I'm saying is, the Packers can beat a team in 2 quarters of football while the other team needs to play 4. How many quarters is it going to take to beat the Lions? I'm going with a modest 3. The last 3, with the 4th quarter, the Lions Sleep Tonight.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess in all fairness it schedule means jack ****, the only thing that matters is getting to the playoffs.
right now it would seem like the Lions are our biggest worry so instead of worrying about their record and schedule, worry about beating them.

Also, dont have any reason to worry unless they beat us.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Kinda like what the Lions did in MN and Dallas. Green Bay did in Carolina and Atlanta. Only Green Bay only came back from 14 down. And next week if the Lions beat the 4-1 49ers while the Pack take on the tough 1-4 Rams. The week after that the Lions get the Falcons and the Pack get the Vikes. So if they both go 6-0, are you still going to hang on to the "They haven't played anyone yet" line?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the earliest Official Game Day Thread I've ever seen.

The Packers are an excellent dome team.
The Lions are not.
So that right there should reassure any fears anyone has about the Packers vs Lions.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts