Lions VS. Pack

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whos winning? Does anyone really think that even though the Packers are bad, that a team with a new head coach can come in and beat the Packers at home on sunday night??? The Lions couldnt even win when they had SM for their coach how will they win now with his replacment.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Whos winning? Does anyone really think that even though the Packers are bad, that a team with a new head coach can come in and beat the Packers at home on sunday night???

yeah

i dont get how home field is a key factor...they lost to a poor browns team...squandered the 2nd half vs. tampa, minnesota, and pittsburgh in winnable games--yes, this team is simply winning-impared

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of the Lions, IF....IF this Packers squad should come out and get their ***** handed to them by the Lions at home.....should Mike Sherman have a job on Monday?

Just curious where people's minds are at on this one.

Personally, I think he should be gone at that point.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear God, TOP...it has come to this. Did you have any inkling that this could happen when we caught training camp this year. I didn't confuse us as a SB contender, but..........

I stand by my statement, if MS loses to the Lions at home Monday, it has to be his death knell as coach of this team.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had no idea. I thought these games would mean something other than draft position. If we lose to the Lions at home in prime time Mike Sherman is done, but I don't think TT will fire him immediately unless he plans to replace him with Bates permanently (which I don't). If I were Mike Sherman on Monday morning after a loss to the Lions, I'd be contacting movers.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sherman would be in the hot seat for sure,but what about brett he's be in it alot lately,i think they should be able to win these last couple of games,and would really like to see the whoop the bears,which i know they can do,but they need to stop with the penalties,and specail teams needs to help get us some good yardage,it's a win but i just keep hopeing.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
on the radio they were saying if packers lose against the lions tt would have to fire sherman ... im not sure their reasoning behind it, but it was chris havel and some other dude who said it. i was running late to pick up my daughter so i dont remember the reason but it made sense.

perhaps someone else heard it and could state it or piece it together with their opinion

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Packers dropping this game; however, this season has been full of surprises...I wish it was April already and the draft was around the corner. This season has been a nightmare......

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers and the lions both have home field advantage. The lions were so bad during the last home game the fans started to cheer/boo when the lions had the ball, and were quiet during the vikings posessions. Roy Williams even said it's like playing an away game when they play at ford field. Fans are also planning an orange out for the following sundays bengals game at ford field. Everyone is trying to send a message to the fords. Sounds like normal attire will be bengals colors with a fire millen t-shirt. Things are getting pretty out of hand with the lions. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another brawl like we had at the palace last year, except this time it might be our own players running into the stands to pick a fight with fans.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya know what I think? Tonite it will be 16 degrees. Some flurries prior to game time but mostly COLD and clear.

It is Packer weather!

Go get em' Brett & Company...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson has stuck with Sherman this far, so one loss would not lead to an immediate firing. The thing to watch is the way that the Packers lose, if they continue to lose. If there are any signs of the team quitting, Sherman could get fired after the season is over.

I do think the Packers will win this game, but it is going to be painful to watch. Both these teams played like crap in the season opener, and they've each gotten worse since then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts