1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LIONS SIGN MCCOWN-goodbye joey blueskies

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by big3, Mar 17, 2006.

1. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My prayers have been answered! Finally, after four years of booing my television whenever he took the field, Joey Harrington is on his way out of Detroit. The lions finally have a chance to move on and start playing with a leader who knows how to play football instead of the piano. The only thing that could possibly make this day more perfect is if he is traded to or picked up by the packers or the vikings!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    McCown........was that the Arizona QB Big3?
  3. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think he's talented.............and he has some good WR's to play with now.
  5. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what to think of Josh and John. The only thing I do know is that Martz is an great qb teacher and an offensive genious. I have no doubt the lions offense will look good this season. Oh, and ANYBODY is better than Harrington
  6. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And he didn't in Arizona? They have the best young receiving core in the league with Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald.

This is good for the Lions though. The sooner they get rid of Joey, the better off they'll be.
  7. Packerbacker04

Packerbacker04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope the vikings get him so we can blow them out next year.
  8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I must admit........i didn't pay alot of attention to the Cardinals last season. There wasn't much reason too.
  9. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joe isn't that bad he just makes too much money. Maybe the Lions can sign him again.
  10. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well Lions still suck.
  11. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you F#$%ing crazy? Joey Harrington has been a disease to this franchise since he got here. Most people on the team hate him and he even admitted it during his final talk with Millen. "Every player on this team hates me, and I hate them." He said he would restructure his contract or do whatever it takes to get out of detroit.
    Quick Reply
    {After Martz and Harrington had words, Harrington went into a meeting with Lions officials and told them he didn't want to play for Detroit any longer. Harrington was so determined to leave the team that, according to sources, he said he'd be willing to restructure his contract in any way that would quicken his release. }

link to article 1

{First, is the "I hate everybody and everybody hates me'' quote. Harrington was not speaking literally, obviously, and he wasn't even saying in in a whiny way. He was trying to make his point -- and quite correctly, I think -- that there has been irreparable damage between him and his teammates. There's no connection, no trust, no chemistry. The statement came out in a harsh way because it was a very emotional exchange.}

link to article 2