Lions/Packers Week 5

12theTruth

I'm intrigued with the Ansah vs Bakhtiari matchup. This isn't necessarily a must win but a loss would really make the Packers task of a division title that much more difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I like the looks of this game, should be a air war shoot out, but we should come out on top. Lions RB reggie bush is out with a broken arm as is the lion WR nate burlison, he broke his arm in a car accident. So that only leaves one real WR threat in megatron....and no run game. If we can keep N. Suh from purposely injuring our guys we should win. Our secondary will get tested by staffords big arm ability.

OP
OP

12theTruth

I like the looks of this game, should be a air war shoot out, but we should come out on top. Lions RB reggie bush is out with a broken arm as is the lion WR nate burlison, he broke his arm in a car accident. So that only leaves one real WR threat in megatron....and no run game. If we can keep N. Suh from purposely injuring our guys we should win. Our secondary will get tested by staffords big arm ability.

Where did you see Reggie Bush having a broken arm? I heard it was a knee issue and he will likely play this upcoming Week 4 game and likely our game as well.....

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
MAD DOG RADIO ON xm/Sirrius this morning. Just going by what he said. Bush out for 6 weeks and Nate burlson got into a car crash because his Pizza slid off the passenger seat and he reached over trying to save it and ran off the road and crashed his car, result = broken arm. lol

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
MAD DOG RADIO ON xm/Sirrius this morning. Just going by what he said. Bush out for 6 weeks and Nate burlson got into a car crash because his Pizza slid off the passenger seat and he reached over trying to save it and ran off the road and crashed his car, result = broken arm. lol

It should be worth noting that Burlison did catch the pizza making his number for the week very impressive

CTPackers08

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be a good game if everything plays out correctly but we all know that doesn't always happen. I am hoping for a win since I will be at Lambeau to see it for the first time!

FrogSole

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be a good game if everything plays out correctly but we all know that doesn't always happen. I am hoping for a win since I will be at Lambeau to see it for the first time!

Wow! Have fun man!

Hoping our secondary comes back 100% (along with everyone else) and we really get back on track.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joique Bell has 119 rush yards, 3 rush td's and 177 rec yards. Bush has a knee issue that he is wearing a brace for and is likely to play this week since he has practiced all week. He's put up 115 rush yards, 145 rec yards and 1 rec td through three weeks. I'd hardly call the Lion's RB's not a threat.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a must win? I think it is. If the Packers lose against the Lions they're 1-3 and 0-1 in the division. That's a huge hole to have to climb out of.

But it's too early to make prognostications about this game. Have to see how the Lions play against the Bears first and whether we're going to get back our key players, including the ones that have been out forever.

Lacy, Burnett, Heyward. . . god it would be nice to see those guys 100% along with Clay and Franklin. Having Lacy and Franklin ready to go is making me drool for real.

Any injury reports yet btw?

D

Dan115

Not a must win? I think it is. If the Packers lose against the Lions they're 1-3 and 0-1 in the division. That's a huge hole to have to climb out of.

But it's too early to make prognostications about this game. Have to see how the Lions play against the Bears first and whether we're going to get back our key players, including the ones that have been out forever.

Lacy, Burnett, Heyward. . . god it would be nice to see those guys 100% along with Clay and Franklin. Having Lacy and Franklin ready to go is making me drool for real.

Any injury reports yet btw?

no reports this week.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Joique Bell has 119 rush yards, 3 rush td's and 177 rec yards. Bush has a knee issue that he is wearing a brace for and is likely to play this week since he has practiced all week. He's put up 115 rush yards, 145 rec yards and 1 rec td through three weeks. I'd hardly call the Lion's RB's not a threat.

oh no, not 119 yards rushing through 3 games!!!!.....I guess we should run and hide. Our run defense actually aint that bad, so those numbers dont impress me.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh no, not 119 yards rushing through 3 games!!!!.....I guess we should run and hide. Our run defense actually aint that bad, so those numbers dont impress me.
and 177 receiving... those two are lighting up defenses... and you were wrong about bush and his"broken arm". The lions should be taken seriously

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well, I was going by what a reliable sports radio personality said....oh no so sue me. Those numbers don't impress me, sorry. 119 yards rushing in 3 games = 39.6 yards per game average ...... wow, superstar. 177 yards receiving in 3 games = 59 yards per game average.....hardly killer numbers.

3 things to deal with vs Lion. Stafford, megatron, Suh....that's it.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I was going by what a reliable sports radio personality said....oh no so sue me. Those numbers don't impress me, sorry. 119 yards rushing in 3 games = 39.6 yards per game average ...... wow, superstar. 177 yards receiving in 3 games = 59 yards per game average.....hardly killer numbers.

3 things to deal with vs Lion. Stafford, megatron, Suh....that's it.
as a number 2 runnung back....

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie Bush scares me more as a Wr out of the backfield running aginst our lb's then anything. That's a match up he wins 100% of the time.

I think our o-line will be tested as Detroit bolsters a very good dline so i hope MM's gameplane is a lot of draws, screens, and quick passes to slow down the rush. Hopefully on those quick passes the oline can acually execute a chop block so we don't have to see passes being batted like last week.

I would like to see Shields shadow Megatron with the occasional bracket over the top. Our secondary should be at full strength with Burnett and Heyward back after the bye so i don't anticipate Stafford throwing for over 400 yd's..then again if we don't have Matthews back we don't have a pass rush.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
A yard is a yard, whether it on the ground or through the air. That's nearly 100 yards a game as 2nd RB.

yes indeed it is, but our 3rd string ROOKIE did the same thing........

You guys act like this is a one sided fight.....It's the friggin Lions. We can handle them. We have a better QB, better overall cast of WR's, a better TE and our running game has finally come around. Plus, we will be rested and hopefully have some guys back off of injury.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice, real nice..... your point is blown up in your face and you feel it nessesary to "disagree" with my post. How old are you? 15?
I find no point in arguing with you... If you think bush is no threat, then you are dense... I just chose to not continue.

Members online

Latest posts