Lions fire assistant coaches

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From NFL.com

Lions fire assistants Henderson, Beightol

NFL.com wire reports

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (Jan. 2, 2007) -- The Detroit Lions fired defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson and offensive line coach Larry Beightol, two days after finishing a 3-13 season.

Lions coach Rod Marinelli announced the decisions at his final weekly press conference of the season.

"Donnie Henderson is very close to me, and it was a very difficult decision," Marinelli said. "It was more about systems than anything else. With coach Beightol, I just felt like we needed to make a change at this time."

Marinelli also announced that longtime special teams coach Chuck Priefer had announced his retirement.

Priefer will be replaced by his assistant, Stan Kwan, and will work with the organization in an undetermined role.

If our O-Line coach were to become the Offensive Coordinator (not unprecedented -- Sanders did become DC.), would we try to get Beightol back? He was here from 1999 - 2005 and had pretty good success.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marinelli's an oaf...

So is Millen. The team is run by Oaf's...and Buffoon's...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lions | Barry the favorite to become new def. coordinator
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 08:09:50 -0800

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebackers coach Joe Barry is the favorite to become the new defensive coordinator of the Detroit Lions, who are expected to announce Donnie Henderson will be relieved of his duties this week. Barry is Lions head coach Rod Marinelli's son-in-law.

~~~~~~~

Nepotism at its finest

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we'll see what happens. the one posative note I think is that Millen is letting Marinelli do what he wants. Ford and Millen are no longer in charge of the players drafted or who gets on the field. I can't believe the LIOn's kept Millen. unreal.

Members online

Latest posts