Lions at Broncos

Lions take the win or the Broncos pull off the upset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, the Bolts are in a tailspin. Something is off with Rivers. Tom Jackson said it best, on Sunday he said something is off with Rivers, either disconnect with his coach, divided locker room, or physiologically. I called it at the start of the season talking to my Bolt fan co-workers at best they go 8-8 most likely 7-9. The lose to KC this week in Arrowhead, and get smashed by the world champs on 11/6. P.Rivers couldn't throw a pea in the pacific ocean right now, and it's not like one type of D has given him fits, he's looked horrible EVERY game his season.

Maybe its because they dont understand how they have the amount of wins they do this early in the season, throwing them off a bit :p

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Are you at all worried about the Packers heading into Qualcomm stadium after the bye week?
Not at all. I think it will be a good game but I think we are the better team. We will be coming off of two weeks rest which is really going to help the D.

I also think that the stadium is going to be filled with so much Green and Gold that as far as the crowd goes this may not be home field advantage for the Chargers. And then of course there are the intangibles. The warm California sun giving Superhuman like powers to it's two native son's. And then there is me. I will be emanating copious amounts of positive vibes behind the packer bench.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all. I think it will be a good game but I think we are the better team. We will be coming off of two weeks rest which is really going to help the D.

I also think that the stadium is going to be filled with so much Green and Gold that as far as the crowd goes this may not be home field advantage for the Chargers. And then of course there are the intangibles. The warm California sun giving Superhuman like powers to it's two native son's and of course there is me. I will be emanating copious amounts of positive vibes behind the packer bench.

:( maybe one day I will see them play...

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if the NFL is smart they will have the Pack play in London as the Away team. How can you not have the most popular franchise in the NFL not go to London.

Hmm that would be love hate for me, love to see them but the stadium will just be filled with a mixture of fans, most of them being Patriot or Steeler fans...

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Toronto gets a team so the packers can smash them with me in attendance.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
A little bit. I think we are the favourites to beat the Chargers but they are probably the second toughest game for us so far. If the defense doesn't step it up it could turn into a gunslinger show like it did against the saints. I think the defense will step it up and Arod and the offense will do their thing, which should lead to a win.

Yea I think we will be working on our defense A LOT over this bye week to get ready to face a powerful offense led by Phillip Rivers to be able to shut them down so it wont turn out to be a gunslinger game like the Saints game.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score

I also think that the stadium is going to be filled with so much Green and Gold that as far as the crowd goes this may not be home field advantage for the Chargers. And then of course there are the intangibles. The warm California sun giving Superhuman like powers to it's two native son's. And then there is me. I will be emanating copious amounts of positive vibes behind the packer bench.

I agree that we are the better team but we were the better team against the Viking and look how close that game turned out, all I'm saying is never under estimate Rivers and the Chargers.
on another note how do you feel about us having to go right back to playing the Vikings the week after this after they just hung so tight with us?

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me the most logical expansion of the NFL would be with the CFL.

Too many teams. The CFL would never go for it. The argos would easily accept going to the NFL but would the NFL really want a team in Hamilton or Edmonton or Saskatchewan? The only CFL teams with a big enough population and city are Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.

Also those teams would get crushed by the 0-16 lions teams. One of the main problems is the CFL arguing against NFL expansion into Canada since the NFL would just cripple it. I could care less about the CFL and their 3 down sets, but a lot of people here worship the CFL and would not welcome the NFL.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we are the better team but we were the better team against the Viking and look how close that game turned out, all I'm saying is never under estimate Rivers and the Chargers.
on another note how do you feel about us having to go right back to playing the Vikings the week after this after they just hung so tight with us?

I don't think it will be a problem. I thin we underestimated them and it bit us in the ***. I see us blowing them out very easily next time we see them. The extra footage and experience against ponder will do wonders as well.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I don't think it will be a problem. I thin we underestimated them and it bit us in the ***. I see us blowing them out very easily next time we see them. The extra footage and experience against ponder will do wonders as well.

I honestly don't see us going undefeated this season do you? if not who do you think we will lose to?
plus I think it would be better if we lost a game or 2 because it would take pressure of us during the playoffs, But I do see us repeating I don't see anyone being able to beat us during the playoffs, thoughts on that?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, all I've seen from Tebow is media hype. I haven't seen anything conclusive from Tebow himself to overturn my thoughts on him. Until he starts playing at even half the level they make him out to be, I'm going to consider him all hype and no play.
Which is why I'm hoping they show the game here where I live.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't see us going undefeated this season do you? if not who do you think we will lose to?
plus I think it would be better if we lost a game or 2 because it would take pressure of us during the playoffs, But I do see us repeating I don't see anyone being able to beat us during the playoffs, thoughts on that?

We can win every single game. Will we? Probably not. But I can say that if we go 14-0 or 15-0 and we rest our starters like the stupid colts did a few years ago, I will be PISSED. Especially if we get beat by the lions in that last game with Matt Flynn as the starting QB.

But it might be better for us to lose once or twice this season. It takes us away from being in must win situations before the playoffs even start. Could you imagine the pressure you have not to lose a single game in a 16 game season? Then have to win 3 playoff games and keep up that intensity for that whole run. It might be easier to win the superbowl without the added pressure of trying to go 16-0 and then 19-0.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing you need to realize or remember is that the Packers is a very, very down to earth team.
You need to have trust in Mike, the coaching staff and the players that they will do whatever it takes to keep themselves real and focused. This team this year has channeled the Lombardi energy and just wants to win, win, win.
So I don't think they would let any pressure get to them if they win all 16.
And if they lose a game, well, that could have negative effects on them as well. That might get into their heads more than winning.
Like the Lions. Lost two games and now some fans on here are expecting that trend to continue. I don't wanna come here and see, after a Packers loss, threads like "Who are they going to lose to next?"
So I don't want them to lose games. I want to be sure that the playoffs come back to Lambeau where they belong.
Packers never ever lost one playoff game until BrINT came along. He blew that perfect playoff winning record.
We need Aaron to set things right again in Green Bay at playoff time.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
We can win every single game. Will we? Probably not. But I can say that if we go 14-0 or 15-0 and we rest our starters like the stupid colts did a few years ago, I will be PISSED. Especially if we get beat by the lions in that last game with Matt Flynn as the starting QB.

But it might be better for us to lose once or twice this season. It takes us away from being in must win situations before the playoffs even start. Could you imagine the pressure you have not to lose a single game in a 16 game season? Then have to win 3 playoff games and keep up that intensity for that whole run. It might be easier to win the superbowl without the added pressure of trying to go 16-0 and then 19-0.

I think it would be better for us to lose a few games it might make the Superbowl run easier like you said. I'm expecting nothing less then a Superbowl win though

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
The thing you need to realize or remember is that the Packers is a very, very down to earth team.
You need to have trust in Mike, the coaching staff and the players that they will do whatever it takes to keep themselves real and focused. This team this year has channeled the Lombardi energy and just wants to win, win, win.
So I don't think they would let any pressure get to them if they win all 16.
And if they lose a game, well, that could have negative effects on them as well. That might get into their heads more than winning.
Like the Lions. Lost two games and now some fans on here are expecting that trend to continue. I don't wanna come here and see, after a Packers loss, threads like "Who are they going to lose to next?"
So I don't want them to lose games. I want to be sure that the playoffs come back to Lambeau where they belong.
Packers never ever lost one playoff game until BrINT came along. He blew that perfect playoff winning record.
We need Aaron to set things right again in Green Bay at playoff time.

I'm just being realistic I absolutely want the Packers to win every single game this season including the Superbowl, yes its very very possible for that to happen but me personally I don't think its gonna happen, even if the Packers lose a game they are a bounce back team and I don't think it will put a negative effect on the team. If they lose to the Chargers (which I don't see happening) they will still bounce back and have that fire and hunger to come back and beat the Vikings. No matter if the win every single game or lose 1 or 2 I still see them winning the Superbowl.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I like it. Dom now knows what Ponder Can do and he won't be playing in his dome on turf. Welcome to Lambeau Christian.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just being realistic I absolutely want the Packers to win every single game this season including the Superbowl, yes its very very possible for that to happen but me personally I don't think its gonna happen, even if the Packers lose a game they are a bounce back team and I don't think it will put a negative effect on the team. If they lose to the Chargers (which I don't see happening) they will still bounce back and have that fire and hunger to come back and beat the Vikings. No matter if the win every single game or lose 1 or 2 I still see them winning the Superbowl.
Agreed.

Let's just take it one game at a time. Which I think the Packers do too.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I like it. Dom now knows what Ponder Can do and he won't be playing in his dome on turf. Welcome to Lambeau Christian.

Ponder didn't even have a good first game, his yards came from blown coverage to good throws. Now coming down to Lambeau he is gonna be beat up, we just have to shut down AP

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Agreed.

Let's just take it one game at a time. Which I think the Packers do too.

Yes we can definitely take it one game at a time and continue to win, the day the Packers lose will be a day when the Packer weren't as focused and hungry as the other team because no one can beat the Packers when they are in there prime.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Exactly. The Colts were morons. Honestly a team should go roaring into the playoffs/Super Bowl. Not just "rested and ready." I don't believe in pressure so much as I do the fun of the game. It's fun for a team to win as many as they can, fairly . At least the 2009 Saints tried. In fact, the Packers did what they could to get that win over the Colts...in preseason. Told me a lot.

Could not pick the Lions to lose this game but I sure wanted to. They have to win this one, if they don't I could see them missing the playoffs and cycling out of control. I will give them the benefit of the doubt here, that they can beat the Tebow's in Denver at least.....

I played it relatively safe this weekend picking games it seems. I still hope for an upset though but I was not feeling too bold.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, the Bolts are in a tailspin. Something is off with Rivers. Tom Jackson said it best, on Sunday he said something is off with Rivers, either disconnect with his coach, divided locker room, or physiologically. I called it at the start of the season talking to my Bolt fan co-workers at best they go 8-8 most likely 7-9. The lose to KC this week in Arrowhead, and get smashed by the world champs on 11/6. P.Rivers couldn't throw a pea in the pacific ocean right now, and it's not like one type of D has given him fits, he's looked horrible EVERY game his season.

I heard that maybe it is partially because Sproles went to New Orleans. :unsure:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I heard that maybe it is partially because Sproles went to New Orleans. :unsure:

From what I know reading the papers and listening to the radio down here, the Chargers traded Sproles, and Brees jumped on the opportunity to bring him into New Orleans. Can't say I blame the Saints, all that overrated hype on Reggie Bush was just to sell jerseys. In one game, I'm sure all the hardcore old school fans forgot all about Reggie Bush. They would have probably beat Seattle in the wild card last year had Reggie caught passes, and tried to run for more than 1 or 2 yards a carry. Sproles is the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online