Lifelong fan.

PackersandPokemon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My name is Abby, and I was born loving the Pack. I might be young, but I love reading about the history of the Packers, and support for the team runs in my family. By young, I mean I'm 18, and I'll be attending the University of Wisconsin next year (Go Badgers!).
Favorite player of all time: Jim Taylor
Favorite current player: probably Donald Driver
I love the game of football and talking about it, so I can't wait to get started here. :)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Abby. I find it interesting that you are only 18 and yet your favorite Packer of all time is Jim Taylor. I loved watching him, Hornung, and Elijah Pitts running for the Pack in the 60's, but I am a little older than 18. Is there a back story to the Taylor "love"?

OP
OP
PackersandPokemon

PackersandPokemon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I admire Jim Taylor's toughness and quiet confidence. When I was about eight years old, my mother received a packers history DVD, and I can recite most of it to this day. They told a story of an NFC championship game against the Giants (61, maybe?) where Sam Huff drilled him repeatedly..he kept playing despite his tongue being gashed open. And he doesn't get as much glory as Hornung does, and I like the guys that are out of the limelight. (Though I'm sure he was far less underrated in his day, or at least I'd hope.)

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome P.A.P. we need to shorten that name somehow!!!

My sisters fav player is Jim Taylor, and mine is DD... so I think we'll get along fine! :tup:
Welcome to the best Packer forum ever!

Latest posts