Let't ge to the real issue here. WHERE is our effin offense??

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season is young, sure. Time to panic yet? Probably not. But I am getting genuinely concerned about our offense and I cannot wrap my head around it. How do we go 15-1 with an unstoppable looking offense after not having an off-season, to looking like a bunch of lost and confused morons when our personnel has not changed that drastically?

Now you can argue that Week 1 against the 49'ers was a tough defensive match-up and we understandably were not as explosive as we are used to being, even though we looked down right terrible in that game.. but it's week 1, shake the rust off no big deal.
Week 2 comes against another stingy defense (even though we usually put up good passing numbers against the Bears) and our defense suddenly transforms into the Hulk to bail out another terrible offensive performance.

Now Week 3.. and I know the Seahawks are a tough away team, but COME ON.. they do not have that amazing of a secondary. And what is with Rodgers?? I would say that 6 of those 8 first half sacks were completely on him. The O-line was giving him a fair amount of time to throw and he looks so rattled and indecisive. Even if the press coverage is good that never stopped him last year from giving them a chance to make a good catch.

I'm just very frustrated, not used to seeing the "mighty offense" of the Pack seem so insignificant and I just want to know why. O-line looks fine, Rodgers was not rushed the majority of his throws if you go back and look at the game. Press coverage seems to be working somehow even though last year you were dead if you tried that consistently against the Pack..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am starting to have some serious doubts about a couple things. First our vaunted wide-receiver corps sure is having a hard time getting open. They're supposed to be one of the best in the league. Well, from what I see they are not getting open.

Second, Rodgers is holding onto the ball too long, partly because of the coverage I'm sure, but he also just seems to be much more indecisive than he was last year. Things started to go better when finally in the 2nd half they went to a short, quick passing game rather than trying to go vertical every other play.

ARod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if losing Joe Philbin as our OC was a bigger deal than most realized?

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley played a good game.

Surprisingly! I also think (despite his questionable hand skills) that they should have him back there for every hail mary attempt. Obviously the Packers don't know how to correctly cover a hail Mary in the end-zone, bringing back memories to the loss to the Giants last year. Yes we got screwed but we could have avoided it entirely if someone just batted the ball off to the side-lines.

Finley is a tall man and could have out-jumped Tate without question for that ball.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we should have got DD a second TD catch last night. The ball was thrown slightly too high and DD let it go off his finger tips.

Secondly, I have noticed that there have not been as many deep passes down field. This is more than likely due to coverage but also due to the fact that defenses have figured us out. For instance, so far this season just about every time we do one of the "PA Bootleg and bomb it." plays, the announcer always, just before the ball is snapped, calls it. If they can tell, I am sure the DC and players can tell.

All that being said, right now our run game is really looking nice. Cedric Benson, when given touches, is being productive. In my opinion, more touches for Benson will generate for yards not only on the ground, but in the air also.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Aaron was holding on to the ball way too long. Why wasn't he dumping the ball to avoid taking those hits?
I've heard this repeated, even by my own brothers. Although it's short-sighted to claim that Rodgers was just 'holding the ball too long.' Do you really think that was his problem, or just a symptom of the problem? Their defense played lights out and took away all of Rodger's throws. It's easy to say 'dump the ball' when you're sitting in the recliner, but if your back is inside blocking that's not possible. It's also not possible when the play design doesn't have a RB slipping off into the flats. Rodgers can only deal with the tools that he has in his possession. I'm not absolving him, but you have to look at how well the Seattle secondary blanketed Green Bay's receivers. When you have no where to throw, it looks like the QB is holding the ball too long.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprisingly! I also think (despite his questionable hand skills) that they should have him back there for every hail mary attempt. Obviously the Packers don't know how to correctly cover a hail Mary in the end-zone, bringing back memories to the loss to the Giants last year. Yes we got screwed but we could have avoided it entirely if someone just batted the ball off to the side-lines.

Finley is a tall man and could have out-jumped Tate without question for that ball.

M D out-jumped Tate. The excution was ok the call wasn't.

LionFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand as a Lions Fan what it takes to lose games due to bad play and to the officials. (Just look at last years game between the Lions and the Packers at Lambeau). Its a game we should have won, but we played crappy and we got hosed by the officials multiple times. Muffed punt, touchdown catches, lions reciever had the ball and rolled over several times on the field was hit late and the ball came out (ball given to Packers) and several more obvious calls that would have given the lions the victory..... but enough about that. You guys are a class act and will be leading in the division when its all said and done. Lets see what you can do next game.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand as a Lions Fan what it takes to lose games due to bad play and to the officials. (Just look at last years game between the Lions and the Packers at Lambeau). Its a game we should have won, but we played crappy and we got hosed by the officials multiple times. Muffed punt, touchdown catches, lions reciever had the ball and rolled over several times on the field was hit late and the ball came out (ball given to Packers) and several more obvious calls that would have given the lions the victory..... but enough about that. You guys are a class act and will be leading in the division when its all said and done. Lets see what you can do next game.

So you are putting last nights debacle in the same class as last years game ? That's just BS.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Last night was arguably the worst called play in the history of the NFL. I do not recall any game the lions have had that comes close.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Cobb looked electric on his one run. Why not more? Was he hurt or something?

Hurry up offense gave the Hawks fits. Why not more?

Only 2 touches for Benson after the first drive in the first half? Why?

No screens all game long (that I can recall)? Why?

Aaron stuck in the pocket looking for deep routes that apparently weren't there snap after snap. Why?

Seems strange to me, but I don't know much.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote=" And what is with Rodgers?? I would say that 6 of those 8 first half sacks were completely on him. The O-line was giving him a fair amount of time to throw and he looks so rattled and indecisive. "[/quote]
Wow. I must have been watching a different game. Seahawks rushed 3 or 4 virtually every play, and Rogers had to scramble constantly. Our 5 o-linemen should have been able to give Rogers all the time in the world to stand back and look the field over. And it's tough to get someone open when you're going against 7 or 8 defenders downfield. Might as well get used to it: It is what the Packers will see the rest of the season, unless the 0-line decides to control the line of scrimmage.

LionFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obvious interception by the Packers lastnight. Obvious touchdown by the Lions last year. Yes, they are the same in my eyes.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of blame MM for our offensive troubles. Teams have figured out the packer pass game and he just keeps sticking with it. We did a world better when we started going from the I running Benson. That opened up the short pass game and play action. Next week against the saints i say we come out under center and do more running. I think that will really help this offense flow

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you lost a game on a missed call at the end and had an int taken away from you on a bogus penalty? You guys lost to our backup QB. Give it up.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of course it was. We always release the most important people and always hang on to the retards like Finley.

What an idiotic comment. We didn't "release" Philbin. He got a HC job. Coaches are always allowed to leave their contract if they are moving up to a HC job. And calling players retards makes you look like a retard.

LionFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On second thought, GB did not complete the process of the catch. GB was fighting for the ball at the end, but Tate ended up with it. Seahawks win.

Reaction score
San Fran - Chicago - Seattle ... loaded on defense.
Our offense wasn't gonna average 35 or so points on those teams...
but still, 8 sacks in the 1st half - Rodgers missing a few throws - us not running the ball when it's the only productive thing on offense... idk, we need to quit fooling around and get it together.
Our Defense has been lights out so far...(aside from wk 1).

Members online

Latest posts