Let's Bug Some Bronco Fans... :)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
And on the note of "look who they played" from the Bronco fans, look @ who they've beaten, and how they've won. Raiders? Dung. Bills? Yuck. Steelers? Even a blind squirrel..... And every single W was with a last second field goal, not to mention Shanny's I-poop-on-sportsmanship timeout against Oak.

We beat the Chargers @ Lambeau.

Those same Chargers STOMPED the mighty ****-cos at Invesco.

You wanna talk opponents? Look in the mirror *****es.

Note to self... never **** in PIB's cheerios :lol:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
What?!? Who said my name? Huh?
*blinking my eyes cause I just rolled outta bed*

Did I hear someone say 13-1? :lol:

What a beating that was.. just rolling out of bed? Dang, I should have been a lifetime student :)

lol. Actually @ work, but the first chance I've gotten to log on here. So, in pf.com-world, I'm just rolling outta bed. :D

Tonight's game will be much better, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Rocks stole one from Schilling.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

heh. Yeah, I just hear broncos homers all day, every day out here. Not much actual sports knowledge+lack of knowledge about the team your a homer for + my Packers coming to town + a half-season's worth of "You guys'll lose to the Broncos" statements every day = One fired-up PIB :D :oops:

Pack93z

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

heh. Yeah, I just hear broncos homers all day, every day out here. Not much actual sports knowledge+lack of knowledge about the team your a homer for + my Packers coming to town + a half-season's worth of "You guys'll lose to the Broncos" statements every day = One fired-up PIB :D :oops:

LOL.. I lived in Denver for about 4 months.. yep understand.

Texas is worse though, them dirty rotten cowhole fans.. LOL.. got in a tussel in Corpus because of the peckerheads.. long story :x :evil:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Pack93z said:

LOL.. I lived in Denver for about 4 months.. yep understand.

Texas is worse though, them dirty rotten cowhole fans.. LOL.. got in a tussel in Corpus because of the peckerheads.. long story :x :evil:

Ah...Texas. Some great people live in Texas or are from there, but it seems like the open air and land just leads to open air inside their heads for the most part. I don't have alot of good things to say about that state, so I understand, man.
:p

Pack93z

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Ah...Texas. Some great people live in Texas or are from there, but it seems like the open air and land just leads to open air inside their heads for the most part. I don't have alot of good things to say about that state, so I understand, man.
:p

Yeah, most people from Texas are great, my wife is from the state. But some of them there Cowboy fans seem to not take to others real well :wink:

That was back in the mid 90's when we kept losing in Dallas.. so they were full of themselves.

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arapaho said:
warhawk said:
The Bronco's should just thank their lucky stars the Steelers played a pathetic first half. The Bronco's had two weeks to get ready, were playing at home, and, won on a last second field goal.

I wouldn't start getting too jazzed up just yet there boys.

Now WE are the one's with two weeks to get ready and I can't think of two teams to prepare for that are as different as the Steelers and the Packers.

I think the run stopping packages that Denver had the luxury of two weeks to install caught the Steelers off guard. It took them a half to get going but they were right back in it at the end.

Two weeks of strategy by Shannaprick worked for all of one half. Then they were right back to getting outplayed.

pretty good theory, if it wasnt full o crap!!!

for one,, pittsburg also came off a bye week, so they also had two weeks to get ready to play. two, pitt came out throwing the ball , 6-8 plays on thier first drive were passes, thats alot more then a two week planned run defense confuseing them, they thought they could fool the broncos by going pass when hinting all week they were gonna run the ball,,,in thier first three drives into the second qrtr they ran 10 pass plays and 5 runs,,,in the first half 25 pass plays 12 runs

third we played without probowl center nalen, #1 Wr walker , best corner in the game Bailey..in fact as of now our oline has only two starters from last season pears and lepsis, with pears only starting when lepsis was injured...we we contained the pitts blitz

and your right prepareing for GB vrs Pitt is diff

with pitt we had to prepare for the at that time #1 rushing offense in the league, with greenbay we are prepareing for the leagues worst rushing game...totaly differant

Ahhh a ponies fan... good try at a first post. Note the green highlight below.. the reason we will win the game.. inconsistent as all get out.

Plus the defense is fast upfront but SOFT... last ranked running team or not.. we will RUN the ball at that front and have a great game doing it as well.

Scrapping Bates system or not, a couple of things I seen last night is the key beating the Broncos..

1) The interior of the defensive line is soft, which may force them to play the linebackers up if we can run at all between the tackles.

it was soft is the key word, you see we didnt have the personal to run bates DTs hold the line two gapp system, which as you know allowed the qb to simply stepp up into the pocket. it also hampered the LBrs because the d-line was now playing on our side of the line where a lbr was getting blocked by a Olinemen. after the SD game bates adjusted a bit and allowed the DTs to attack a little bit more which led to sacking roth 4 times and countless hurries and stopped one of the leagues best runners to less then a hundred yards

2) With the speed of their Lbers and the aggressiveness of the DE, running outside on them might be tough sledding..
agreed

3) attack the center of the field between 10 and 20 yards.. it was open all day with the tampa two they were running last night. Lynch is still smart but can't run like he used to.
each game plan is differant you know, because we ran a version of the covertwo against pitt doesnt mean we will continue it all the time

4) In the redzone and for the fact the entire field, playaction this team to death, they are very aggressive in the front 7 getting up field.. even if we can't run the ball it will slow up the DE a little.. I see Cliffy having a tough day with the speed they have on the edges.

if you cant run the ball, the play action is useless...it takes a good running game to make play action work. we have faced the 9th,5th,7th,15th,10th and 24th rushers....so even if some guy nobody knows from your team doubles his average thats still less then 70 yards per game. which when going up against the leages #1 pass defense might be problems for you

Keys to containing their offense...
1)Stopping their offense shouldn't be any different than say the chargers.. stop the run and force them to pass.

except the chargers whole offense runs through LT, LT struggles the dolts struggle and when you played them LT was only averageing 30 yards a game, hardly productive

2)Stokley in the slot is the most dangerous weapon they have. Play inside on him with the nickelback with a safety watching the fade or the nine route....

which by haveing a three wr set will in fact open up the run game for henry...and then opening up theplay action for us

3)Jam the hell out the other wideouts.. especially Marshall.. don't want him getting deep.

marshell is a huge wr , a small corner will have trouble jamming him

4) Poppinga better be ready to cover this week.. they have a couple of decent TE's.. one got nicked up again last night.

sheffler comeing off a broken leg is a force in the passing game and all reports indicate his injury is merely a soreness

5) Force Golden boy two to move around in the pocket.. he isn't as accurate when moving around.. hit him early and often as well, didn't do really well with being hurried.

cutler is very mobile, after playing for vandy moveing around in the pocket and passing is one of his strenghts...as his 66. completion % shows

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow i just spent fifteen minute typing a responce and only one paragraph showed up?... well i will have to come back and do it again in a few minutes

Pack93z

Reaction score
You mean these responses???

Scrapping Bates system or not, a couple of things I seen last night is the key beating the Broncos..

1) The interior of the defensive line is soft, which may force them to play the linebackers up if we can run at all between the tackles.

it was soft is the key word, you see we didnt have the personal to run bates DTs hold the line two gapp system, which as you know allowed the qb to simply stepp up into the pocket. it also hampered the LBrs because the d-line was now playing on our side of the line where a lbr was getting blocked by a Olinemen. after the SD game bates adjusted a bit and allowed the DTs to attack a little bit more which led to sacking roth 4 times and countless hurries and stopped one of the leagues best runners to less then a hundred yards

2) With the speed of their Lbers and the aggressiveness of the DE, running outside on them might be tough sledding..
agreed

3) attack the center of the field between 10 and 20 yards.. it was open all day with the tampa two they were running last night. Lynch is still smart but can't run like he used to.
each game plan is differant you know, because we ran a version of the covertwo against pitt doesnt mean we will continue it all the time

4) In the redzone and for the fact the entire field, playaction this team to death, they are very aggressive in the front 7 getting up field.. even if we can't run the ball it will slow up the DE a little.. I see Cliffy having a tough day with the speed they have on the edges.

if you cant run the ball, the play action is useless...it takes a good running game to make play action work. we have faced the 9th,5th,7th,15th,10th and 24th rushers....so even if some guy nobody knows from your team doubles his average thats still less then 70 yards per game. which when going up against the leages #1 pass defense might be problems for you

Keys to containing their offense...
1)Stopping their offense shouldn't be any different than say the chargers.. stop the run and force them to pass.

except the chargers whole offense runs through LT, LT struggles the dolts struggle and when you played them LT was only averageing 30 yards a game, hardly productive

2)Stokley in the slot is the most dangerous weapon they have. Play inside on him with the nickelback with a safety watching the fade or the nine route....

which by haveing a three wr set will in fact open up the run game for henry...and then opening up theplay action for us

3)Jam the hell out the other wideouts.. especially Marshall.. don't want him getting deep.

marshell is a huge wr , a small corner will have trouble jamming him

4) Poppinga better be ready to cover this week.. they have a couple of decent TE's.. one got nicked up again last night.

sheffler comeing off a broken leg is a force in the passing game and all reports indicate his injury is merely a soreness

5) Force Golden boy two to move around in the pocket.. he isn't as accurate when moving around.. hit him early and often as well, didn't do really well with being hurried

cutler is very mobile, after playing for vandy moveing around in the pocket and passing is one of his strenghts...as his 66. completion % shows

Pack93z

Reaction score
A couple notes,

Harris nor Woodson are small Corners.. bring your "huge" wideout on.. :whippin:

If you were smart, you would run the cover two, otherwise we will have a field day against a basic zone, zone blitz or man coverage.

Even the threat of running the ball will get at least a hesitation from DJ... once he blinks.. the slant is open.

The offense runs through Brett, you know Brett right?? Since name recogition seems to be important on the scoreboard to you.

Didn't say Cutler couldn't move, he just seems uncomfortable around the traffic.. I say 2 to 3 picks are thrown from the "Golden Boy".

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow i just spent fifteen minute typing a responce and only one paragraph showed up?... well i will have to come back and do it again in a few minutes
Well, you see, our site has an automatic "BS" filter, that blocks out all non-sensical comments...........after reading what you write, i'm surprised anything more then just your NAME came through. :wink: :lol:

OP
OP
Aaronstory

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you were smart, you would run the cover two, otherwise we will have a field day against a basic zone, zone blitz or man coverage.

This is the whole game, in my opinion.

If the Broncos are smart, they'll sit back in a Tampa-2 and make the Packers drive the field. If the try to stack the line against Brett like they did Roethlisberger, it's over. Brett will tear them apart.

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple notes,

Even the threat of running the ball will get at least a hesitation from DJ... once he blinks.. the slant is open.

The offense runs through Brett, you know Brett right?? Since name recogition seems to be important on the scoreboard to you.

Didn't say Cutler couldn't move, he just seems uncomfortable around the traffic.. I say 2 to 3 picks are thrown from the "Golden Boy".

we dont have to run cover two..we have two of the best cbs playing that ussually go man up..so i have no doubt they can cover and limit your wrs, and since you dont have an effective running game it bodes well for the broncos pass defense and the new scheme to pressure brett,,,you know the guy that set the record for most ints ever :wink:

im pretty sure the broncos are improveing against the run as the system is being tweeked, and have no doubts that they would rather shut down the passing game and take thier chances against the leagues worst rushing game

and you under estimate jays composer...he is very calm against the pass rush...he played for a heavely overmatched vandy team you recall, he is used to pressure...and although he has been throwing picks , not all are really attributed to the pass rush , more likely just a young qb not seeing the defender...also remember he has already shown how cool he is by the fact that all three wins this year are in fact game winning drives lead by cutler and his 24 points against the leagues overall #1 defense, so i dont think your 22nd rank against the pass will bother him to much

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arapaho said:
Well, you see, our site has an automatic "BS" filter, that blocks out all non-sensical comments...........after reading what you write, i'm surprised anything more then just your NAME came through. :wink: :lol:

surprise any of you can post unless you have esp then

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/images/smilies/SRsmilies/withstupid.gif

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
A couple notes,

we dont have to run cover two..we have two of the best cbs playing that ussually go man up..so i have no doubt they can cover and limit your wrs, and since you dont have an effective running game it bodes well for the broncos pass defense and the new scheme to pressure brett,,,you know the guy that set the record for most ints ever :wink:

im pretty sure the broncos are improveing against the run as the system is being tweeked, and have no doubts that they would rather shut down the passing game and take thier chances against the leagues worst rushing game

and you under estimate jays composer...he is very calm against the pass rush...he played for a heavely overmatched vandy team you recall, he is used to pressure...and although he has been throwing picks , not all are really attributed to the pass rush , more likely just a young qb not seeing the defender...also remember he has already shown how cool he is by the fact that all three wins this year are in fact game winning drives lead by cutler and his 24 points against the leagues overall #1 defense, so i dont think your 22nd rank against the pass will bother him to much

Bronco's suck. Normally i'd say lets get DD in motion to get him off Champ Bailey's but jennings and Jones and K-Rob will find room underneath all day and they are dependable. We have 4 receivers, Bailey's cant cover them all.

Pack93z

Reaction score
You are all about the numbers I see, arapaho, so your eyes might open come Monday night about the #22 pass defense.

Part of that is you can't run against the Packers, unless you are wearing #28 in purple. Last time I checked you don't wear purple... so the only option is to pass.

I will throw a couple numbers your way...

56.7 % complete rate.. that is what we are allowing the opponents.. tied with the Ravens for first.

17.8 pts allowed per game for the Packers.. 27.3 allowed per game for the Donkeys.. almost 10 less points per game.

We are tied for 5th in the league with touchdowns allowed with 11.. overall.. Donkeys not so good with 20.. close to last.

Just a couple for you.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering that both teams play close games when they win, this will probably be a close game.

The Packers key is pretty simple. Pressure Cutler and make him throw bad throws. GB will probably pressure him so it will come down to what Cutler does. If he takes care of the ball then Denver will be ok. If he makes errors, like a young Favre used to do, then Denver is going to be kicking themselves.

Dre Bly has struggled in the past against the Packers and Favre so I wouldn't be shocked to see GB pick on him a little bit. They'll probably look for Jennings on the quick slants and hitch routes.

Favre like Cutler has to take care of the ball. Can't win every game with 2 interceptions and 0 touchdowns.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arapaho said:

I just laughed so hard my roommates started staring at me like I was mental.

Yeah our #3 passing offense who just got a former 1000 yard WR is going to be completely outmatched by your #2 pass D.

Oh, and LT wasn't trying against us.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Yooooo, arapaho, go dig up some more stats, try to twist them a bit, then come back and post another ramble ramble ramble theory. :razz:

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny hearing you spout on and on about your Pass Defence and while Champ and Bly are great corners, Champ may not play and your nickle and dime CB's will be out matched by Koren Robinson and James Jones. Foxworth is decent but if he's starting in place of Bailey then good luck covering all of our WR's.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
arapaho said:

I just laughed so hard my roommates started staring at me like I was mental.

Yeah our #3 passing offense who just got a former 1000 yard WR is going to be completely outmatched by your #2 pass D.

Oh, and LT wasn't trying against us.

Yea, LT sucks.

And so does Portis and Westbrook too. :tables:

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are all about the numbers I see, arapaho, so your eyes might open come Monday night about the #22 pass defense.

Part of that is you can't run against the Packers, unless you are wearing #28 in purple. Last time I checked you don't wear purple... so the only option is to pass.

I will throw a couple numbers your way...

56.7 % complete rate.. that is what we are allowing the opponents.. tied with the Ravens for first.

17.8 pts allowed per game for the Packers.. 27.3 allowed per game for the Donkeys.. almost 10 less points per game.

We are tied for 5th in the league with touchdowns allowed with 11.. overall.. Donkeys not so good with 20.. close to last.

Just a couple for you.

so you only let guys in purple run all over you...good thing noone wears pink or they would have you all on your knees without even the dececy of a reach around :roll:

i think i will stick to basics

i'll gladly take our 32nd ranked rushing defense against your 32nd ranked rushing offense anyday, since we have faced some very good RBs and are starting to gell in that respect, and you have noone that compares to LT, Parker,lynch,addai or even on par with lamont jordon

i'll also take our 9th place rushing offense against your 11th place rushing defense

throw in a sprinkling of our 11th place passing offense going up against your 22nd place passing defense

and topped off with our 2nd place passing defense against your 2-3rd place passing offense

and that great passer completion rate your so proud of also came with 354 more passing yards allowed

no i like our chances with hopefully our defense comeing around

arapaho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering that both teams play close games when they win, this will probably be a close game.

The Packers key is pretty simple. Pressure Cutler and make him throw bad throws. GB will probably pressure him so it will come down to what Cutler does. If he takes care of the ball then Denver will be ok. If he makes errors, like a young Favre used to do, then Denver is going to be kicking themselves.

Dre Bly has struggled in the past against the Packers and Favre so I wouldn't be shocked to see GB pick on him a little bit. They'll probably look for Jennings on the quick slants and hitch routes.

Favre like Cutler has to take care of the ball. Can't win every game with 2 interceptions and 0 touchdowns.

good response...but the statement "like a young farve used to do" is wrong. farve is still doing it as his int record shows...he's a great qb right up there in the top with elway, montana, marino...all equal in my eyes...but throughout his career he has thrown alot of ints when pressured 18 last year, 29 the year before and on pace for 16 this year

we have just as much ability to pressure farve and force a few of his brain farts as you do cutler

as for bly ...he didnt fit the lions system thats why he wanted out, thats why he struggled, but remember he will now be faceing the #2 wr as opposed to the #1

Members online

Latest posts