Let the Beat Down Begin Sunday Night

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday Night vs The Patriots. If you thought the Bears took one on the chin wait until Sunday night.

The play calling is horrendous.

Run Game is horrendous.

Special Teams is horrendous.

O-Line is horrendous.

I think I will turn in early that night so I am able to sleep. I do not see any possible way to score more than -3 points yes that is a minus 3 points. I sure hope the Pack wins but not they way they are playing right now.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think we're gonna get blown out, but i dont see us winning.

however, i would not be surprised in the slightest bit to get blown out. especially when you consider how the pats are playing compared to how we're playing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think were going to win. And anyone that comes on here on a regular basis, not you posters who only come on during losses, knows that Im not the type to predict a win every game. Pack go in and stun NE.

Just dont come back on the bandwagon til next year if you wrote them off at this point.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think were going to win. And anyone that comes on here on a regular basis, not you posters who only come on during losses, knows that Im not the type to predict a win every game. Pack go in and stun NE.

Just dont come back on the bandwagon til next year if you wrote them off at this point.

I wish i had the confidence you had! more power to ya!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The playoffs start next week.

Defeating Brady for the first time since 2006 in a regular season game at Gillette changes everything.

If they win out, they can still win the division & possibly get a 2 seed.

Even if they don't get deep into the playoffs, I always like our young team to get the experience for the long-term.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Im goin to the game so they better put up a fight!!!!

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are great at losing games that they should win, like today, or Tampa last year.
They are also great at losing to good teams by a field goal.
They are generally very good at crushing inferior teams.
However, they have never been very good at being blown out, at least not in recent years. Only game I can think of was the Saints game 2 years ago.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are great at losing games that they should win, like today, or Tampa last year.
They are also great at losing to good teams by a field goal.
They are generally very good at crushing inferior teams.
However, they have never been very good at being blown out, at least not in recent years. Only game I can think of was the Saints game 2 years ago.

remember when the pats beat us down at lambeau? They also got help when they taped us...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, unfortunately, they've been lucky and we've been unlucky for so long that it might not matter if we're better than them or not.

But we are. We don't have a great playcaller, and we have no running game, but we're a better team than them, I don't care what the record says.

I KNOW that, in or out of the playoffs, we're gonna give them a whooping in the last game that even if they win the division, they'll be so broken that they'll be one and done in the playoffs.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of torn on McCarthy.

He seems to have a good system, but some of his playcalling decisions are just baffling. I will never understand his desire of going 5WR when we're at the one. I HATE that. Or why he never uses Kuhn or Nance in 3rd/4th and 1s. Instead, he'd rather lob it deep.

I'm very interested to see how our D responds to Tom Brady. This will be the first time they've played a top-tier QB since Kurt Warner last season (Vick, but he didn't start that game). They also have the passing game that could carve up the Patriots secondary if Rodgers plays.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kind of torn on McCarthy.

He seems to have a good system, but some of his playcalling decisions are just baffling. I will never understand his desire of going 5WR when we're at the one. I HATE that. Or why he never uses Kuhn or Nance in 3rd/4th and 1s. Instead, he'd rather lob it deep.

I'm very interested to see how our D responds to Tom Brady. This will be the first time they've played a top-tier QB since Kurt Warner last season (Vick, but he didn't start that game). They also have the passing game that could carve up the Patriots secondary if Rodgers plays.
Interestingly enough, this game every running play was being unsucessful.

He did try to run it on 2nd and 1, in that final drive. Which I still think he shouldn't have done, since all first downs on that drive had been adquired through the air...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have a shot at it. We may very well shock the Pats just as the Lions shocked us. We still have a good team, we are still the same team. A bad game today doesn't mean a bad game next week. If we were able to go toe to toe with Atlanta we should be able to go toe to toe with the Pats. I hope we have Aaron back and the offense is back on it's game.

neuronet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have a shot at it. We may very well shock the Pats just as the Lions shocked us. We still have a good team, we are still the same team. A bad game today doesn't mean a bad game next week. If we were able to go toe to toe with Atlanta we should be able to go toe to toe with the Pats. I hope we have Aaron back and the offense is back on it's game.

If your offense can score 30+ points, then you have a chance, because our offense is unstoppable right now. Our biggest weakness is our secondary, which is mostly rookies. One of them (McCourty) is already nearly a shut-down corner (who hurt a rib today so not sure of his status and we won't be until next Sunday if BB has his way) but the rest tend to struggle on short-medium situations.

The only way to stop the Pats is to make Brady uncomfortable, to collapse the pocket, to step on his toes. If you don't do that, you lose. It's that simple. If he is comfortable, if you don't confuse him (and frankly right now he is playing better than I have seen him in three years), if you don't literally hurt him by hitting him constantly, you are toast.

With the Pats it's all about getting Brady. Even the defense feeds off it.

Here's to an injury free game with a little more suspense than the last two Pat's games.

Oh, also the Pats don't lose in Foxboro. So good luck with that. :flirt: If they do I will come back here and eat crow, you have my word.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your offense can score 30+ points, then you have a chance, because our offense is unstoppable right now. Our biggest weakness is our secondary, which is mostly rookies. One of them (McCourty) is already nearly a shut-down corner (who hurt a rib today so not sure of his status and we won't be until next Sunday if BB has his way) but the rest tend to struggle on short-medium situations.

The only way to stop the Pats is to make Brady uncomfortable, to collapse the pocket, to step on his toes. If you don't do that, you lose. It's that simple. If he is comfortable, if you don't confuse him (and frankly right now he is playing better than I have seen him in three years), if you don't literally hurt him by hitting him constantly, you are toast.

With the Pats it's all about getting Brady. Even the defense feeds off it.

Here's to an injury free game with a little more suspense than the last two Pat's games.

Oh, also the Pats don't lose in Foxboro. So good luck with that. :flirt: If they do I will come back here and eat crow, you have my word.

You guys have the best team in the NFL right now, unless you have an upset in the playoffs, you are going to the SB. I'm a loyal Packer fan, but I'm an a realist too so I have to give you credit where it is due. Our D may surprise you. We have many weapons there and Capers uses them well. After today's game I'm not sure where we stand on our offense but I have faith we will get it together in time for the game. Losing to Detroit will only serve to make the Packers mad and I hope they take all that anger out on the Pats. Good luck to your team, it will be a good game. Good luck with the rest of your season too!

Just wondering, just in case, how do you like your crow? Broiled or fried?

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im goin to the game so they better put up a fight!!!!

I'll be there too!!!! My first game ever so they better show up....I'm confident Rodgers will be on the field, he's not gonna miss this one.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man I think our D will need the game of their lives to pull this one out. Shields will be a big key to the game..

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
yeah if you have given up on the packers at this point dont bother jumping on the bandwagon again this season if they win

NYC Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Im a glass half full kind of guy...and I say the Pats lost to the Jets and the Browns....anything can happen.

The Packers have to show up though!! If we play like we did yesterday we will get beat down...if we play like we can...I think even with Flynn at QB we have a fighting chance.

neuronet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D may surprise you. We have many weapons there and Capers uses them well.

Just wondering, just in case, how do you like your crow? Broiled or fried?

:)

As a Pats fan, Clay Matthews terrifies me. He could wreak havoc on the Patriots offensive line, which isn't always good at dealing with unpredictability. But it isn't enough to rattle Brady, he's OK getting tackled and sacked a few times a game. You have to collapse the pocket around him. He is a pocket quarterback, once you take that away, he is just an average QB. Give him time in there, and he will kill you.

I really think Rodgers will play Sunday he is a competitor and wants that scalp and knows they need him, and need the win. Without Rodgers the Packers lose Sunday, no two ways about it.

One thing that is in your favor is that you aren't the Jets. Pats and their fans hate the Jets, we were really loud at Gillette when the Jets came; I think the crowd will be relatively quiet this coming Sunday, because in general we have nothing personal against the Packers.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I sure hope your right, I think to win we have to start off fast. All year we been starting off slow. We ca t do that against the pats at home or it will be a long Sunday night.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Season ain't over till it's over. I will be in my usual spot in my living room wearing my lucky Packer gear and drinking out of my usual beer mug come kick-off time next week.

The odds are suddenly not the greatest, but GO PACK!

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not to throw gas on it for us, but IF the Pats win, they clinch 1 seed and homefield throughout. Not that they seem to need any motivation other than stomping on opponents right now, but this is the stuff that the PATS play for. This is their bulletin board material.

Hoping for Arod. Flynn will not get it done against these guys if he couldnt against the LIONS. Also, those little floater passes he throws w3ill not land in our hands like they did the few times they actually did yesterday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts