Leroy Butler on Packers.com

packfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Leroy Butler is still writing for Packers.com? Last year he wrote a lot of good reads previewing the game and then given his opinion of the game etc. Last I saw, he was coming back this year but I haven't seen any articles by him.

Reaction score
If I am reading correctly into this, Majik Man will now be writing for Packers.com. They named him as basically an "analyst" and he will preview games and take questions from fans. Sounds like Leroy's old job to me.

So since Leroy isn't writing for the Packers anymore, it could be taken in two ways.

1. He is still pissed like hell for having his number given to Collins. (Even though he denies he is mad any more)

2. He is working with the Packers staff, and possibily getting ready to become a coach (secondary, assistant, etc.) in the not too distant future.

Personally, I would love if the second option came true. Imagine having Nick Collins being tutored by Leroy Butler!!! :joy: :towel:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
1, Leroy said he would have liked see his number not be on the field but understood there are only a limited amount of numbers and will deal with it. He also said the kid better not tarnish the number or something to that effect however I perceived that comment as to be said in a joking manner.

2, I believe he is working with the DBs on the Packers staff in a more prominent role. Collins is getting pointers from Leroy that was one thing he said he had to do to make sure the number wasn't 'looking bad' or something like that. I could be wrong too he could have said 'maybe i should give him pointers' ... sorry for the lack of concreteness on this but i am pretty sure its accurate.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good call on #2, Slick - I do believe that's exactly what LeRoy is up to these days...

Can you imagine... one day Butler becomes the DC for the GBP - WOW :shock: :D

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Ummm...no thanks, I think Bates will be fine.

Last time we had a DB coach become DC it didn't work out too well. ;)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
IPBprez said:

Come on now, Gopher.... What happens if Bates gets the call for the HC's chair.... pending Sherman gets cut...?
'sides.. it was just a musing....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
IPBprez said:

Was that last DB/DC a prenial pro bowl player who was a stud of a leader for a super bowl winning team?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved Butlers optimism in all of his writhings last year, but Majik will be more nuetral. The article he just wrote "Ready or Not" showed that he will write what he feels and won't sugar coat everything as Butler did.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Come on now, Gopher.... What happens if Bates gets the call for the HC's chair.... pending Sherman gets cut...?
'sides.. it was just a musing....
Well, Bates is no problem. He proved his worth as a HC with Miami last year. I didn't say defensive coaches were bad, just that DB coaches becoming DCs didn't work out for us.

SlickVision said:
Was that last DB/DC a prenial pro bowl player who was a stud of a leader for a super bowl winning team?
No, but when Bart Starr coached (53-77-3, .410, including postseason) the Packers it didn't translate into success either.

Members online

Latest posts