Leinhart slapped on wrist

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone here the Hollywood gossip that the Cardinals coaching staff and front office told Matt Leinhart to get his head out of Hollywood and start concentrating on football? I heard it on a radio station this morning, quoted from an Arizona source. Seems he's been out carousing around with the stars until all hours of the morning, and hasn't put much effort into being a starting QB.

If true, even somewhat, I'm glad we didn't take him. We don't need one like that. Brings back memories of Great Falls MT native Ryan Leaf. He thought the world revolved around him. Found out quickly it didn't.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hered that too. He sounds like he needs to come down a notch. Frankly, I wasn't all that impressed with him in games ( of course, I'm not an NFL GM so what the hell do I know ). He seemed gawky to me when he ran. His pass against ND that everyone is calling clutch, which it was, was two inches from being tipped. And, don't forget his fortuitous fumble out of bounds in that game at the 2 which was the only way the clock would have stopped, and the assist he got from Bush into the endzone on the winning TD. Put those 3 things together, and he's talked about as one of the greatest ever, take away one of those 3, and they're at home watching the national championship game. For the record, I'm not a ND fan, just my percieved objective observations.
Hammer

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob you should have put this in the NFL Forum as this has nothing to do with the Packers.

He is still enjoying the fruits of his college career. He won't grow out of it until after the season starts. Look for more concentration next year. He doesn't yet realize what he doesn't know.

OP
OP
M

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry where I put this post. I was in a hurry.....our fire alarms went off, no kids were here, so something went wrong. Everyone is blaming me. Jeez!
Pick on Bob day in Missoula.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
haha i jus tried moving it ... oops

people have been reporting that matt is gonna be a 'jim brown' type player... but not on the same talent level

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

people have been reporting that matt is gonna be a 'jim brown' type player... but not on the same talent level

Want me to move it? I'm your worst nightmare........a new mod!!!

Just kidding. Ryan's not that nuts.

Leinart has been all about Hollywood. That's why he stayed in school another year and took Ballroom Dancing. Just to hang out in LA. As a "student" he was going to Victoria Secret's store opening parties, Playboy mansion and other Hollywood hangouts (lucky bastard). I'm not sure he is really focused and ready to put everything into football. If he came out the previous year almost every GM had him going #1 ahead of Alex Smith. That decision to stay by the way will cost him about 15-20 million in guarantee money that he will never be able to recoup. Maybe there IS a God!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets wait till he plays before we say hes an idiot. i mean hes already done enough for the city of Las Angeles to be identified as a legend.

lets see, he has made millions already. hes good looking and famous, and he is a monster star in LA. who in the world could blame him for not focusing. How much does NFL football really mean when you already have the world. but good point about the money he lost by staying DEPACK.
thats a lot of scratch to lose out on. but was hanging out with Hugh Hefner a fair trade off.... id have to say yes ...yes it was.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Lets wait till he plays before we say hes an idiot. i mean hes already done enough for the city of Las Angeles to be identified as a legend.

lets see, he has made millions already. hes good looking and famous, and he is a monster star in LA. who in the world could blame him for not focusing. How much does NFL football really mean when you already have the world. but good point about the money he lost by staying DEPACK.
thats a lot of scratch to lose out on. but was hanging out with Hugh Hefner a fair trade off.... id have to say yes ...yes it was.

15-20 million is a GOOD trade off to hang at the playboy mansion????????

:shock:

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not surprising. It was reported before the draft that he cared more about hollywood than playing football.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:

Want me to move it? I'm your worst nightmare........a new mod!!!

Just kidding. Ryan's not that nuts.

Leinart has been all about Hollywood. That's why he stayed in school another year and took Ballroom Dancing. Just to hang out in LA. As a "student" he was going to Victoria Secret's store opening parties, Playboy mansion and other Hollywood hangouts (lucky ******). I'm not sure he is really focused and ready to put everything into football. If he came out the previous year almost every GM had him going #1 ahead of Alex Smith. That decision to stay by the way will cost him about 15-20 million in guarantee money that he will never be able to recoup. Maybe there IS a God!!!

You've already gotten away with more than most, I don't see why not make you mod.

Leinart is a 3-5yr player, tops!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No news on ESPN about this and something like this would easily get out. I'm guessing a regular Leinart hater said something.

With that said no one will care what Leinart does on his free time as long as he peforms in the NFL. He has the supporting cast around him. I think he'll be a long term Boomer Esiason type of QB in the NFL. Solid player but not HOF.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre wasn't very serious about football before he came to GB. NOT that i'm comparing them.........just that you never know when, or IF a child will grow up and sieze the opportunity. Maybe he will, maybe he will flop. I bet Atlanta was HAPPY to get rid of Favre before he turned out to be what he is. Bet they arn't so happy now though!

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Favre wasn't very serious about football before he came to GB. NOT that i'm comparing them.........just that you never know when, or IF a child will grow up and sieze the opportunity. Maybe he will, maybe he will flop. I bet Atlanta was HAPPY to get rid of Favre before he turned out to be what he is. Bet they arn't so happy now though!

Cheesey, That will go down in history as the Atlanta's Falcons all time biggest f#ck up. Oh well they have Vick now right? :wink:
I am not sold on LeinFart anyways. He had the one of thebest, if not the best college system loaded with talent around him. I'm a Pac 10 fan but I absolutely hate USC and rooted for Texas in the "Rose Bowl". I really don't like any college/professional sports teams from California(there's too many).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swaps said:
FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

THERE IS NO "H" IN LEINART!!

Jesus Christ. WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING THAT?!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/415213

AARRGGG.

NOTHING IS MORE ANNOYING.
(ok, barry bonds talk on sports radio is, but saying "leinhart" is just as retarded)

First......why take it so personally? Second.......i'd appreciate not using the Lord's name like that in here. I take alot more offense to that then someone miss spelling some QB's last name.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
cheesey said:

Cheesey, That will go down in history as the Atlanta's Falcons all time biggest f#ck up. Oh well they have Vick now right? :wink:
I am not sold on LeinFart anyways. He had the one of thebest, if not the best college system loaded with talent around him. I'm a Pac 10 fan but I absolutely hate USC and rooted for Texas in the "Rose Bowl". I really don't like any college/professional sports teams from California(there's too many).

I'm not sure Favre ever would have developed into a starter if he hadn't been traded to GB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure Favre would have developed into what he has either, had he not been sent here. It makes me wonder how many busts MIGHT have had great careers had they been in the right place at the right time, as Favre was.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Swaps said:
FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

THERE IS NO "H" IN LEINART!!

Jesus Christ. WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING THAT?!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/415213

AARRGGG.

NOTHING IS MORE ANNOYING.
(ok, barry bonds talk on sports radio is, but saying "leinhart" is just as retarded)

First......why take it so personally? Second.......i'd appreciate not using the Lord's name like that in here. I take alot more offense to that then someone miss spelling some QB's last name.

I agree cheesey. I also think the word retard and retarded are used way too often here. It is probably the most offensive word used here. Maybe different areas of the country are less offended. I don't know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts