1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leaving The Forum - Go Pack Go

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by okcpackerfan, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings Received:
    +443 / 15 / -5
    It doesn't sound like anybody else is having this problem Frank, try downloading and running Spybot Search and Destroy. Though not an anti-virus program it's very effective in secondary attacks.... redirecting and so on.
    As for OKC... I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at how patient and understanding most posters are here. I love Packerforum if only because at the root of it we all recognize we're fans and agree on at least one level. Politics and so on have come and gone in chats and we remain a family.
    If someone has an axe to grind over a one day ban I think I'd have to wonder how narrow that person's focus is. Right or wrong I won't give one rat's azz if someone bans me for a day.... even if it is a personal vendetta. I've had my differences with probably every single moderator here and truth be told I've learned a ton.
    OKC: By announcing your retirement from the board and making a spectacle you feel strongly about your position. I don't know the situation but I can tell you that a board is much like a family.... you have to let "slights" go. Families squabble but it's usually a self-centric person that quits and makes it about themselves. I forgive your error LTF, lol.
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    If it was only that one comment..Then hell yeah I over reacted..Thats the problem with things..Both sides are never heard and all evidence is not seen
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    We base our opinions on what we see posted. That's what Jack reacted to and I agree with his assessment of the facts as presented.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. longtimefan

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    And as stated I would have agreed I over reacted if that is what really happened

but go ahead and convict the guy w/o hearing it all..

Lord knows our justice system does it all the time :)
  5. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +881 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    You guys definitely need more.beer and women. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +281 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Please copy and paste that error and send it to support@packerforum.com

I would like to get this fixed for you.

Thanks.
  7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,581 / 58 / -28
    Packer Fan Since:
    OK, will do. Thanks.
    Not sure if it's something that can be copied though... this window where I am typing just freezes, and then eventually I will get a message that mentions some script slowing down the webpage. It seems that the first time it happens, I can click to stop running it, and be okay. But Eventually it totally locks up and I lose all I have types.

It probably is just my computer I am guessing? Not sure what, and how.
  8. longtimefan

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Can you do a screen shot of it?
  9. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings Received:
    +443 / 15 / -5
    I'm trying to tell you that it's not the web page or the site, it's your computer. I'm not going to go into all the things you can do to slow down your browser but if you run Spybot you will get rid of alot of the things you are experiencing. Last chance, if you want advice let me know. It's not the web page you're perusing. Good luck.
    If you have a scripts issue then it's likely an update protocol that you allowed. Either way let me know if you work it out or if you need help.
  10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,581 / 58 / -28
    Packer Fan Since:
    OK! It's happened again tonight when trying to respond to Chico: I took a photo with my Galaxy, e-mailed it to myself, shrunk it down, and then uploaded it to photobucket.
    How can this by my computer bring this up???

Here it is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +175 / 2 / -0
    I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has sent me private messages, there have been quite a few and I won't go into detail with what they say or who they are from but they are very positive. I am not trying to make this about me or make a big deal about a one day banning. I just felt a mistake was made and wanted an apology for that mistake. They either felt it wasn't worth apologizing over OR they felt they didn't make a mistake. Either case in my opinion is wrong, I understand they are moderators and can choose to do what they want. Just like I can choose to no longer participate here. ThxJack hit the nail on the head and I didn't want to start a debate here but I will gladly include anyone who wants in the conversation I had over PM with robdog, LTF, Kitten and Drew. I linked one member already and it won't let me do anymore but i can copy and paste it to any member who asks so they can make their own informed decision based on all the facts. I am hoping it has not been altered as I have not got a chance to look over it. I told the mods specifically I was going to make a last post so I didn't do this out of the blue to make it about me. I just felt other people should know that this could possibly happen.

To sum it all up:
    1. I appreciate all the feedback and responses I have gotten via PM. I truly enjoyed most of the views on this website but when I feel like a wrong has been done (no matter how minuscule it may seem to some of you) I stick to my guns until I get a resolution I feel comfortable with.
    2. The people who have sent me PM's voicing similar opinions with how a specific mod or mod's have handled things, voice your opinion to them. The more you communicate the more can be done.
    3. This is not about me but about the community and I am sorry if this post is clogging up the boards unnecessarily
    4. I will copy and paste or link to the conversation i had via PM from the beginning with LTF and everyone can make their own decision based on all the facts. (PM me and I will send it, I hope it has not been altered in any way and I will check to make sure it hasn't)
    5. I understand I can come across as condescending and portray a diminutive tone sometimes and I apologize for that. It's hard to understand tone on a website and a lot of the time when someone doesn't understand an opinion or point of view I have their first instinct is to attack.
    6. I enjoyed this board a lot, I was hoping this situation would be resolved but I doubt that will happen.
    7. Yes I realize my "summary" was longer than the post above it :)
    8. Go Pack Go
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings Received:
    +46 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    You could have taken the 1 day ban like a man, jumped back in the threads a day later. Now you've made it a crusade and those never turn out good on the internet.
  13. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings Received:
    +963 / 50 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:
    Just because it has long hair doesn't mean its a woman. Also they told me it was BYOB, was that just hazing because I'm the young guy?
  14. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +881 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    It's not BYOB. You're supposed to bring mine too rookie. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,017 / 46 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm not even going to read the thread/exchange in question, but have a general comment. As much as I hate to say it, forums are not democracies and whomever is in charge makes the rules. In most forums that I see, Mods don't typically get heavily involved in passionate conversations. This site is different and it's a lesson that we've all learned. I'm not chastising anyone here, but merely pointing out that these are the rules set in play and the rules can be changed at any time - kind of like how Mom & Dad did it years ago. If I were a moderator of this site, I would probably want to contribute and debate the same as anyone else. It sucks to just read and moderate posts without having the ability to voice one's opinions.

We all get 5-minute timeouts every once in a while....now pull in that lower lip and start smiling again!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings Received:
    +46 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Started having this same problem as of 10 mins ago when trying to edit my "final roster" post. Not having any trouble with this post however.
  17. The Drew

The Drew Is that a Deer-bra?

Ratings Received:
    +474 / 6 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    :poop: on drama!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    Since we are talking about the forum I don't see that the like and dislike feature has any purpose. In fact it breeds ill feelings. It is the type of feature that works in a more perfect world. I would scrap it.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings Received:
    +817 / 8 / -4
    Packer Fan Since:
    totally agree on last 2 posts!!! I suggest that anyone having problems with the forum, please post on appropriate
    threads....and please for the love.....lock this one up!!! (error messages ect.) ** I guess that would technically go for the post about getting rid of the dislike feature that I agreed to! lol

I don't even want to comment on original content, ...but......
    I want "GO PACK GO" to have its original meaning back!!! .... soooo i'll add.."GO THREAD GO!!!"
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,383 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    As LuvGB suggested, anyone having a problem with the forum please post on the appropriate forum where they will most likely be seen by a mod. I'm also locking this thread up. Goodby okcpackerfan, I'm sorry you are leaving us but we don't need a goodbye thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.