1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leaving The Forum - Go Pack Go

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by okcpackerfan, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175 / 2 / -0
    A while back I was given a ban for a day by LongTimeFan for what I considered a ridiculous reason. I won't go into everything that happened because it is too lengthy and shouldn't be something that takes up space on this board. Anyone that wants can PM me and I will include them in the PM's that were sent back and forth between all the moderators and myself. The one thing I requested was the LTF or the owner of the website admit that it was a mistake to ban me for a day for the reason they came up with. Some of you might think it is silly but i don't care if I was banned for a minute, hour, day, or year. I believe it was an emotional decision and therefore will not be posting on this site anymore. All I wanted was an apology and someone to admit a mistake but that seems more and more difficult these days, especially in the real world, not just online. I had a great time on these forums and had some very good discussions with very intelligent people. I enjoyed the people the most that had an intelligent view that was opposite of my own. I have been working on a packers radio show and been involved in some other podcasts and radio shows that have had a good amount of listeners. Anyone who wants can PM me about that and I will link them to the shows when I get them going. I will participate on other green bay packers forums and will try and assume the same name. Wish you all the best and I can't wait for the packers to win the super bowl.

Go Pack Go
  2. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,522 / 52 / -4
    Sorry to see you go. Happy trails.
  3. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    Bye! Goodluck with the other forums though... Haha.. The only other one I know of is horrible when it comes to random bans and stupid comments.
  4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 65 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    After doing a quick scan on your post history, I'll offer a piece of advice: insisting on having the last word leads down an emotional path that usually ends badly. If you don't find value in this advice, consider what you paid for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    On the advice of counsel...:whistling:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +425 / 33 / -31
    Packer Fan Since:
    and someone to admit a mistake - I admit I have made a mistake. But only once!
  7. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    You've made a mistake!?! I haven't yet fortunately.
  8. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +319 / 41 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I have a similar situation. I've never been wrong. Even the one time I thought I was wrong, I was right.
  9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    and if anyone wants the mods side, feel free to pm us..
  10. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +382 / 2 / -0
    You mean you guys have a side of things, its not just, OH MY GAWDS THEY ARE WRONG- BANHAMMER!!!!!!!!!

I can say this is a great site, so if you decide to come back we know why. ;)
  11. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +712 / 14 / -3
    I would like you to stay. Please reconsider. Who cares what happened in the past? The new season is here and we need all opinions on board. Stay.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91 / 2 / -0
    Should have hired Ginsberg.
  13. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    Us Packer fans are usually right all the time.. Im not surprised!
  14. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    I've been hanging around fan forums since the late 90's and inevitably, posts like this one show up every now and again. I never could understand why, but angry posters feel it essential that they make THAT post, when the appropriate course of action would be to say to oneself "Sheesh, I sure don't need this crap anymore."

Thing is that some folks at these sites feel that their posts are being carved into granite for the ages to view in wonderment and awe, when in reality ... none of us really know squat (me in particular - everyone one else in general ;) ). Fact is that I come around specifically for different points of view ... and we all share one thing for certain ... we are all fans of the Green Bay Packers and to "THE GAME". One thing is for certain, 20 seconds after I I depress the 'send' key...I'll have forgotten what I posted. That's how important Internet fan forums are. Just my two-cents, and THAT 2-cents and a bus token won't get you across town.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +930 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    To heck with different opinions. I'm only here for the beer and the women.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    A shame to lose ANY Packer fan here!

PS, I have thought about leaving so many times..... every single time the thing freezes up and said there's a long script that ...blah blah blah..... I hate technical issues. Hate em!
  17. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +925 / 16 / -9
    Ok... where you been hiding the beer from me? Sheesh...I thought we were men...
  18. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    So Croak sees beer and women. Someone has their beer goggles on. :)
  19. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +285 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    You are still experiences lags and pages not loading???
  20. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +930 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I like to see beer and women just about anywhere.:cool:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
  21. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +1,913 / 49 / -33
    Here’s my two cents worth (although it’s not worth all that): In my humble opinion longtimefan overreacted to okcpackerfan’s posts on the “What can the NFL do to help young people?” thread. For example, at one point longtimefan posted, “If you think their isnt a need, then my guess is you do not need to participate in this thread???” IMO posting you disagree with the idea posed in the OP of a thread is fine and ivo610 (who started the thread) posted “The thread wasnt saying anything needs to be done, it was spitballing ideas of what can be done or nothing at all.” And longtimefan had a problem with okcpackerfan’s ‘reading comprehension’ charge. I agree with okcpackerfan’s point of view in that thread (or he agrees with mine since I posted before he did), so although I’m biased I understand where his comment was coming from and didn’t think it merited banning.

But here’s the thing: Like all of us, moderators here are human and occasionally make mistakes including overreacting to discussions (perhaps particularly those to which they are a party). And being a moderator is a thankless but necessary job. BTW, I overacted to a moderator’s actions here and both of us ended up apologizing. I wish that would have been the result here. Just my opinion but it would have made more sense after the one day ban for okcpackerfan to succinctly state his case against the ban on the thread in question so anyone interested could read it and then carryon.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    One thing to remember (and I'm not taking a position either way on this), is that regardless of whether the moderator is right or wrong HE/SHE is the moderator. I don't like paying taxes but the IRS has the power to take my money. I've had my own issues and we don't agree on some things. So OKC you aren't the only one to be caught in a squabble. A lot happens behind the scenes. I think LTF is a bit thin skinned, however.

I have to accept on face value the mods don't have an axe to grind with posters. It is a tough job being a mod and all in all this is a much better forum than many I have visited.

Hope this and Jack's post above will make you see things differently OKC. :cool:
  23. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 65 / -6
    Packer Fan Since:
    While I stand by comment in post #4 in this thread as what I believe to be generally decent advice, upon closer examination I must admit that I did okcpackfan a disservice. I made that comment after having linked to his posts via his ID page without looking at what he was responding to, or noting the fact that the exchange was with a moderator.

After further review (pun intended) of the thread in question, I owe okcpackfan an apology if he happens to be lurking. I think both parties in the exchange were inflammatory. You stated the facts well, ThxJack, so I don't have much to add, except this:

When a guy who has the power of the "ban" button engages in a heated debate rather than just supervising, he should take off his moderator hat and not be threatening anybody with banishment. It's heavy handed and just plain bad form. If such moderator believes there is an infraction of the rules, he should bring in another moderator to evaluate and arbitrate. In other words, to be fair, once the moderator engages in the debate he is de facto no longer a moderator.

Thanks, Jack, for for pointing out what I missed the first time around.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    I was going to give you a dislike for your earlier post. Nice move by you to come back and make this post. :cool:
  25. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yes I am... this morning. When that happens, I get a little message at the bottom of the screen telling me something with a long script, etc..... so I now click that so I can get my window back of whatever I have typed in before it loses it. And then I enter it right away even though I am unfinished! I don't want to have to retype that stuff again.... so then I do that and quickly edit it, adding what else I wanted to say.

I have not been having this issue on any other websites.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.