LB Tracy White re-signed

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: LB Tracy White resigned

yea...I've got nothing against this signing. We had to fill a spot and LB's can usually participate on special teams, but if there are any safeties out there at all we need to look at them.

In the offseason there was a thread about whom we should sign. My first guy was Chris Hope from Pittsburgh. He went to Tennessee. Guess who leads the NFL in tackles right now? Damn he would have looked good in Green and Gold.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said:
a safety leading the team in tackles is not a good thing depack

It depends where the tackles are made. Dawkins is usually one of the top taclers for Philly. Troy Pala.... is usually a top tackler for Pittsburgh.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packnic said:

You are right that it's not necessarily a good thing, but there's no question that Hope would have been much better than Manuel. Right now it would be very nice to have our safeties making more of an impact.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BTW, White was waived a couple weeks ago to make room for Robinson. Hodge is injured right now and we need another backup LB, therefore White was resigned. No big deal and I'm very glad he was still available.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bobby Roberts said:
Packnic said:

You are right that it's not necessarily a good thing, but there's no question that Hope would have been much better than Manuel. Right now it would be very nice to have our safeties making more of an impact.

Does anybody know what Tenn. signed Hope for?

Reaction score

DePack said:
Bobby Roberts said:
Packnic said:

It was a 6 year contract, and Hope was seeking around the 4 million dollar per year mark.

I'd take a stab in the dark and say it was around a 6 year - 30 million dollar package.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
Bobby Roberts said:
Packnic said:

I don't know, but here's a link to some cap info for Tenn:
http://www.titanscentral.net/2006SALARYCAP.html

According to the link, Hope's cap number for this season is $1.5 million.

Members online

Latest posts