Lay off Favre

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you have your jock strap too tight around your head. Are you kidding? Brett didn't give the Packers his best? You Packer fans will make up any excuse for MM & TT won't you?

Hey st00pid, did you not see the post outlining ALL of his post season failures? 99% of his post season failures DID NOT occur during the MM/TT era.

Look at the past three years and tell me which season is the anomaly- 13-3, 6-10, 11-5. That's right, 2 out of the last three seasons under the TT/MM era resulted in double digit wins, leaving one season of severe under-achievement as the anomaly.

I realize some of you are going to continue your ever present Favre ball-washing, but it's time to stop the blind hatred of TT and MM by Packer fans. While they might not be perfect, those guys got our very young and very talented team back to the playoffs. Not sure what else you can ask for.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pics of a loser

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AP
2010-01-24 Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre(notes) sits on the bench during overtime in the NFC Championship NFL football game in New Orleans, Sunday, Jan. 24, 2010. The Saints defeated the Vikings 31-28 to advance to the Super Bowl against the Indianapolis Colts.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not an old mans game. Imagine Burt getting the sacks and hits Rodgers got this year. He'd have been in a box. For whatever reason he got caught betwean a rock and a hard place in NO. Childress should have sent out TJack after Burt got the ankle injury. He can roll out to pass and run negating the mid line pass rush of the Saints. Childress=Brett's ******. It ended up being a Burt memorial playoff game that just adds to his legacy of being a choke bag in the playoffs. I for one love it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta admit though- With the volume of really hard hits he took, he kept getting right back up and played a hell of a game. Part of me even started to feel a tad guilty for taking pleasure in his getting knocked the **** out. Had he been playing on a different team while taking those hits and still making plays, I would probably go buy his jersey right now.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lay off Farve

I thoroughally enjoyed watching that whiny POS get his jock beat off, and that I nmy ankle is broken more favre Bullsh_t. He schemed his way to get exactly what he wanted- and he got what all Packer fans wanted to see, him just like YA sitting on the field battered and beaten. I just wish the score had been 52-14!!

Having watched a real QB play under pressure (Starr) I can assure you Favre was never close to the best QB in Packer history
Pack88

:viksux:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I think favre comes back next year - and that said, I think he's nuts. IMO, the Saints provided the blue print for beating him. Beat the crap out of him and he'll eventually fold. If you have to take a couple 15 yarders, so what?? That is your best chance to knock him off of his game.

I'll tell you one thing. I am almost exactly favre's age. I am about a year older. The fact that he kept getting up was unreal. I told a buddy of mine back home that it reminded me of a "Rocky" movie - and if they showed Adrian (Deanna) one more time in the stands covering her eyes or looking concerned I was going to lose it... I was just waiting for a close up of favre on the sidelines - "I can't see out of my eye... cut me ****, cut me..."

Anyway, it isn't game day that you need to worry about. It is the next morning. IMO he won't be ready to do anything physical for several days after that game. If teams try to give him the "Saints treatment" next season, he'll never make it through the year in one piece. Enough weeks like that in a row and he'll be in traction.

I know he's a competitor and obviously he just can't let go of the playground. He's having a hard time coping with the fact that he's 40. We all go through that. BUT, if I were him I really think I'd start to wonder how it is going to be when I'm 60. Most ball players have some problems (like arthritis) when they get older. Favre has been lucky with injury so far - in 19 years nothing major. At 41 he really needs to ask himself honestly if chasing another championship is going to be worth being crippled up as a senior. If it was me, I'd walk away for that reason if for no other.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not an old mans game. Imagine Burt getting the sacks and hits Rodgers got this year. He'd have been in a box. For whatever reason he got caught betwean a rock and a hard place in NO. Childress should have sent out TJack after Burt got the ankle injury. He can roll out to pass and run negating the mid line pass rush of the Saints. Childress=Brett's ******. It ended up being a Burt memorial playoff game that just adds to his legacy of being a choke bag in the playoffs. I for one love it.
Awesome post dude. I totally agree.

Chilly won't seat Burnt because Burnt won't let him. We saw that in Da Bears game and we know how that one turned out to be. (Another OT loss for Da Queens.)
What Burp needs is a coach who will grow a pair. But hey, as long as that doesn't happen and we get results like this, I'm OK with that!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think favre comes back next year - and that said, I think he's nuts. IMO, the Saints provided the blue print for beating him. Beat the crap out of him and he'll eventually fold. If you have to take a couple 15 yarders, so what?? That is your best chance to knock him off of his game. If teams try to give him the "Saints treatment" next season, he'll never make it through the year in one piece. Enough weeks like that in a row and he'll be in traction.
Agreed.
I have a feeling he'll be coming back too even if he retires (groan) again.
He just likes playing too much. Though if he does retire (groan) again, none of us will believe it until opening kick off.
Even though he can no longer be at the peak of his carrer, still he somehow managed to have his best year and he likes this team and visa versa. And he's got a slacker coach who lets him show up for camp whenever he damn well pleases and drives him around. The dream QB job. Right? How can anyone resist that?

Now other teams will know what it takes to beat him and they may do it.
Fines, penalties, being called a "dirty team" be damned.

I'll tell you one thing. I am almost exactly favre's age. I am about a year older. The fact that he kept getting up was unreal. I told a buddy of mine back home that it reminded me of a "Rocky" movie - and if they showed Adrian (Deanna) one more time in the stands covering her eyes or looking concerned I was going to lose it... I was just waiting for a close up of favre on the sidelines - "I can't see out of my eye... cut me ****, cut me..."
Dude, I really LOLd at the Rocky reference.

Cue dramatic music:
Childress: Stay down! Stay down!

(Later) Brent yelling: Deanna!! Deanna!!

:aikido:

NY Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly wanted the Vikes and Favre to lose, but I gotta admit I still somehow couldn't help but feeling really bad for him throwing that INT. I would have preferred a missed field goal followed by the same OT result.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
BINGO!

For the record, I don't know if it would've changed anything. I don't know if Favre would still be "uncoachable" had Holmgren stayed.

But the coaches' attitude towards him greatly influenced the way he behave and our fate.

I don't think this is what happened this year. I think his mind was much more in the game than in 10 years, and that it was simply a mistake he was prone to do being old. I don't think he audibled out of the play.

-

The way I see it, Favre had the talent to be the best QB the league had ever seen. But he didn't have the demeanor (Drunken altercations, drug addicts). When he was held accountable, he was arguably the greastest QB playing the game. When he was bigger than life, however...

I thoroughally enjoyed watching that whiny POS get his jock beat off, and that I nmy ankle is broken more favre Bullsh_t. He schemed his way to get exactly what he wanted- and he got what all Packer fans wanted to see, him just like YA sitting on the field battered and beaten. I just wish the score had been 52-14!!

Having watched a real QB play under pressure (Starr) I can assure you Favre was never close to the best QB in Packer history
Pack88

Well played sir.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well played sir.
First of all, I'm gonna assume that you assumed (that I assumed you assumed) I said Favre was the best QB the Packers ever had.

Which I did not.

I did say that, talent wise, Favre had the potential to be the greatest EVER. But due to circumstances (one being his own attitude) he wasn't.

If you did not make that assumption, nevermind what I said.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Moss has been in the 1st and 2nd best offenses of all time...

But I think the analogy holds water. I think the guy had the talent to be the best WR ever if he wanted it bad enough. He didn't and he wasn't. He was great, and that goes without dispute. But if he had 1/2 the dedication Jerry Rice had, he'd have blown Rice out of the water IMO. Again, he didn't and he didn't.

That is what I meant about Favre. If Favre played with the discipline he played with in Minny this season for the last 10 in GB, IMO it is hard to imagine what he and his teams may have accomplished. If he was dedicated to working out like a madman in the off season, like Donald Driver or Al Harris are for example, who knows what he could have accomplished.

That is what I meant by calling him the Randy Moss of QBs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I think the analogy holds water. I think the guy had the talent to be the best WR ever if he wanted it bad enough. He didn't and he wasn't. He was great, and that goes without dispute. But if he had 1/2 the dedication Jerry Rice had, he'd have blown Rice out of the water IMO. Again, he didn't and he didn't.

That is what I meant about Favre. If Favre played with the discipline he played with in Minny this season for the last 10 in GB, IMO it is hard to imagine what he and his teams may have accomplished. If he was dedicated to working out like a madman in the off season, like Donald Driver or Al Harris are for example, who knows what he could have accomplished.

That is what I meant by calling him the Randy Moss of QBs.
Oh, totally agree with you in there. a 6'5 4.20 that has soft hands and great routes, are you kidding me?

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Just got this in e-mail... :D

Brett Favre Offseason Calendar

• Jan 24 – Throw inexcusable pick to blow Vikings Super Bowl chances.

• Jan 25 – Announce that “It’s highly unlikely”<http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/8190210839> you’ll come back to play again in 2010.

• Feb 1 – Get interviewed for Peter King’s MMQB column. Tell him “no decision” has been made, but “Deanna and I are going home to Mississippi” and give it some thought. Fish for compliments by telling King how banged up I am. Be sure to mention that this gets harder every year.

• Feb 1-9 – Quality time with family. Also monitor the web for speculation about my future.

• Feb 10 – Leak to John Clayton I’m retiring.

• Feb 11 – Deny reports about my retirement.

• Feb 15 – Formally announce my retirement in teary press conference. Don’t forget to say “I don’t have anything left” and “I gave it everything I had.”

• Feb 15-19 - Keep schedule clear to watch “Brett Favre Tribute Week” on ESPN. TiVo same on NFL Net.

• March 1 – Call Adam Schefter to start “second thoughts” rumors.

• March 2 – Deny second thoughts.

• March 15 – Dinner with Chilly.

• March 16 – Call Minneapolis Star Tribune. Say “This is the best I’ve felt in 10 years.”

• March 20 – Call in with “Mike & Mike.” Insist you’re not coming back but if you did you could compete at a high level.

• April 22-24 – NFL Draft. Encourage Chilly to draft a QB because you’re done.

• April 30-May 3. Skip mini camp.

• May 13 - Call Terrell Owens and ask him if he wants to exchange “Prima Donna” tips.

• May 30 – Have agent call Zygi Wilf re: new contract.

• June 1 – Tell Chris Mortenson “I’m not sure” about coming back.

• July 24 – Training camp opens. Go fishing in Lousiana.

• Aug 24 – Sign record contract.

• Aug 25 - Report to Vikings camp. Tell press “I’m here to win.” Say you don’t want the focus to be on you. Cry.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That joke email really isn't much of a joke.
That's what we expect obviously.
If Burnt Fail does come back and play I would actually be surprised if he doesn't retire first this time.
And if he does retire (groan) again, I'll be surprised if he stays retired.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I can see him putting a new twist on it this year. Go into the season retired and if the Vikes falter at all, ride in on his white horse* and save the season.

*in this case the "white horse" will be Chilly who brINT will demand come to MS and carry him all the way to MN on his shoulders...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see him putting a new twist on it this year. Go into the season retired and if the Vikes falter at all, ride in on his white horse* and save the season.

*in this case the "white horse" will be Chilly who brINT will demand come to MS and carry him all the way to MN on his shoulders...
LOL
Yeah. There you go.
:superman:

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LAY OFF FAVRE - NO WAY! I have not said much about this, but here is my take:

Brett Favre flamed out at the end of each season since 2001. He has choked in so many playoff games late in his career that he has, with this bone-headed pick in the NFC Championship game against the Saints, stained his grossly over-rated reputation permanently. (Don't forget, he only won one Super Bowl in his career--the leader of that team was defensive end Reggie White--and the Packers' great return man Desmond Howard was the MVP in that game, not Favre.)

Now ViQueen fans get to watch him decide if he's coming back. Have a great spring and summer...maybe he'll do what he did to the Packers. After throwing a really stupid interception in the NFC Championship, maybe he'll show up after training camp and expect to be given the starting job and the best seats at every restaurant within 150 miles.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LAY OFF FAVRE - NO WAY! This was written following the 2007 season by Sal Paolantonio:

Sal Paolantonio:Overhyped:Favre didn't deliver in second half of career:

...After beating the San Francisco 49ers in the 1997 NFC Championship Game, Favre won just three of his last 10 playoff games. Eli Manning had more postseason wins in a 29-day span in 2007 than Favre had in his last decade with the Green Bay Packers.

Yes, Favre won a Super Bowl -- 11 years ago! But as his career arc spiraled downward, the blind adulation only got worse.

Favre's passer rating in his last 12 postseason games was a pedestrian 77.8. In his last five wild-card games, he went 2-3 with more interceptions (nine) than touchdown passes (seven). In his last three divisional playoff games, he went 1-2 with seven TDs and seven interceptions. That's a 3-5 record with 14 touchdown passes and 16 picks.

In two of his last four postseason appearances, Favre threw two of the most unthinkable playoff interceptions in NFL history, both in overtime -- to Brian Dawkins of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2003 and to Corey Webster of the New York Giants in January. In fact, Favre is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw overtime interceptions in two playoff games. In his last nine playoff games, Favre threw 18 interceptions.

In the first 81 years of the Green Bay franchise, the most hallowed in all of pro football, the Packers were 13-0 at home in the postseason. But since 2002, the Packers have gone 2-3 in playoff games at Lambeau Field, with Favre losing to three not-quite Hall of Fame quarterbacks: Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper and Manning

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the first 81 years of the Green Bay franchise, the most hallowed in all of pro football, the Packers were 13-0 at home in the postseason. But since 2002, the Packers have gone 2-3 in playoff games at Lambeau Field, with Favre losing to three not-quite Hall of Fame quarterbacks: Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper and Manning
After reading that you can't blame TT and/or MM getting rid of Fail anyway they had to. That is, if they did that to him. (But I think he did it to himself. However it happened, I'm glad he's gone.)
Why 2 other teams have wanted this bum as the starter is beyond me.
They should learn from the Pack and the Jets and give someone else a chance.
Burnt's glory days are long gone and over and out.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre lost the last few games at home in the playoffs. Hmmm he may have had a hand in it, but correct me if I'm wrong, he wasn't hiking, throwing, blocking, pass covering, pass rushing, and coaching by himself those games was he?

There is only one man that could do all that and he was mini-Ditka.

Members online

Latest posts