Lay off Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved watching the Saints bring on the pressure and hit Burp time and time again.

I loved it when Brent got hit and hurt and went out.
Football is a very rough and tough sport.
Don't wanna get hurt? Then don't play.
The old clunker obviously has Childress wraped around his finger. Maybe the backup would have won instead.

I loved it when he got INT twice. (Second leading to the game winner for the Saints)

I love is that this could be his last game.

I love it that we have a bright and awesome future in Aaron Rodgers.

Any Burnt bashing is well deserved.

No apologies from me.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the ******! He chose to play for the vikings and **** on every packer fan out there.

I dont give a **** about what TT or MM did. There were still 27 other teams (also minus Packers, Jets, Bears and Lions) the pile of **** could have went to. HE CHOSE THE VIKINGS!

I like watching AP stiff arm the entire browns defense and bust a long run. He like a lot of players got drafted, didnt have a choice because they didnt already have $100,000,000 in the bank (by the way he earned by playing for the Packers. Including advertising. ThePackers gave him a stage to be great.). I dont hate vikings players, but favre is the ultimate self serving pile of ****.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
The problem is that we lost our class when we wish bad on the hero that drug us to glory. The pack would be dogfood without him.

This is unmitigated ********. Hey Techno, in 1996 (the ONLY year out of 16 with favre that we won the SB) we had GREAT, not good, GREAT special teams.

And that was only a BONUS. In 1996 we both led the league in points scored AND points allowed. That hasn't happened since and I don't have any idea when it was last done before. That is a rare feat. So, if the Pack was dogfood without him, how much defense did he play? Did he punt, return or cover kicks?

In 1996 we had one of the most balanced and strongest all around TEAMS in the history of the league. To say they were dog food without #4 is a huge slap in the face to everyone else on that great team and really shows how much you understand.:viksux:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Um I agree with the refs failing to get the call right. but if we are going to bring refs into this, how about all the cheap shots that were not called on the saints?

And this is only partially a packer forum. It is also a brett hater forum. I break the unofficial rules by likeing the Pack AND Brett because.... wait for it...

BRETT WAS THE GREATEST PACKER!

Really? Greater than Starr? Greater than Nitschke? Greater than Hutson or Canadeo? If you are about to say yes, please stop while you are behind. He is YOUR FAVORITE and that hardly translates into best.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game ending INT was not entirely his fault, 07 no doubt, but this one? No. He was playing on an injured leg, and if any of you had any decency you would not hit a man while he is down.

I am still ticked. Although frankly I was sitting there thinking if Favre was out, then I was going to switch side without any guilt. Like I said I'm a Favre fan, not a vike fan :viksux:

I would like to point out that back in 07 when the pack injured Peterson, we sent out our best wishes to him. Injuries are bad. today? we hit our old hero while he was down because the GBP fans today have no class.

I will always be a Pack fan, but I am embarrassed to be in company with you.

Oh and hausechild Shut up. We know you are a vikes fan. get lost and quit tormenting us.

You might fit in over here with other pretend packer fans.

They will ban you just for speaking poorly of favre at packer rats!

Packer Rats - View topic - OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Add in Reggie White, Charles Woodson, Jim Taylor, Willie Wood, etc... Favre is far from the best. He's good, and great, but there're many positions on a football team and QB doesn't always equate to "best"

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
For the record....if Favre's injury wasn't bad enough to put him out of the game, then he was healthy enough to take any hit the Saints through at him. If Favre's injury was so bad that it caused him to throw that int, which I don't believe he was, then he should not have been in the game. He was not injured last night.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it just makes the Packer decision to move on clearly a good one, most fans are just taking a sigh of releaf.

This may mark the continued growth and rebirth of the Packers, and may be the start of the vikings tumble to the bottom of the NFC North.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X01xSlFOYzA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Leave Brett Favre Alone[/ame]

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOT leaving Brett ALONE!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4wIXmPnOcg"]YouTube- Brett on the Ground (Pants on the Ground Parody)[/ame]

(not sure how to embed on this forum)

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Well, the last INT was certainly his fault. Desperation and poor judgment absolutely played into that throw.

The rest of the drives that he led that resulted in fumbles? You can't pin those on him. I'd put a lot on the overrated sack of bricks Adrian Peterson.

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the last INT was certainly his fault. Desperation and poor judgment absolutely played into that throw.

The rest of the drives that he led that resulted in fumbles? You can't pin those on him. I'd put a lot on the overrated sack of bricks Adrian Peterson.

Hey I was looking on a lot of ViQueens blogs and their fans were saying about how AP needs to talk to Tiki Barber about the fumbles. However, everyone forgets how different a runner AP is than Tiki. Tiki was more of the make you miss kind of guy.

The reason why AP runs over guys so easy is because of all that momentum he begins with at the moment of contact. The only way to do that is to build up speed and obviously you can only do that with one hand on the ball.

He'll continue to fumble because its been 3 years now. 3 years in the league now and you still continue to fumble. It won't go away that easy... look at his teammate Brett... still the interceptions at the wrong time.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I was looking on a lot of ViQueens blogs and their fans were saying about how AP needs to talk to Tiki Barber about the fumbles. However, everyone forgets how different a runner AP is than Tiki. Tiki was more of the make you miss kind of guy.

The reason why AP runs over guys so easy is because of all that momentum he begins with at the moment of contact. The only way to do that is to build up speed and obviously you can only do that with one hand on the ball.

He'll continue to fumble because its been 3 years now. 3 years in the league now and you still continue to fumble. It won't go away that easy... look at his teammate Brett... still the interceptions at the wrong time.

Our old buddy Ahman Green still fumbled a lot later on in his career. Everyone has flaws it just takes time to see whether they are able to fix it or not. Maybe AP does get it fixed sooner or later, oh well Brent never will fix his issues though lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is really really funny!
LMAO!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our old buddy Ahman Green still fumbled a lot later on in his career. Everyone has flaws it just takes time to see whether they are able to fix it or not. Maybe AP does get it fixed sooner or later, oh well Brent never will fix his issues though lol

You are absolutely right. Ahman Green fumbled at the worst times, but so does Adrian Peterson. The intensity increases in the playoffs. Don't you think that Adrian Peterson tries to run with more vengeance in the playoffs? In doing so his iron grip becomes a piece of steel. A piece of steel with no grip. If you hold the ball too tight, it'll come out very easily. What Peterson lacks is the awareness to put two hands on the ball. When Peterson runs in traffic, he still has the ball on his side and basically almost behind his back.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Would Bart Starr have gone to play for the Bears? Would Troy Aikman go play for the Eagles? Would Tom Brady go play for the Colts or Jets? NO! The reason being is that Brett Favre isn't loyal. He stabbed the Packers in the back. The team that gave him a shot in this league. If it hadn't been for Ron Wolf there is a decent chance that Brett Favre might never have started a game in this league. The Packers stuck with him through some rough formative years and substance abuse. Disloyalty is shown in players like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss....to me, Brett Favre is now on that list. If you cheered for Favre this year.....you AREN'T A PACKER FAN! Enough said.

Maddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're what they call a "cheesehead actual cheese as your brain". Come on---seriously? Brett didn't screw anyone over. MM and TT did not want hiim to come back. Did you miss all that? And Packer fans--you are the butt of the jokes. Are you kidding when you said Brett deserved to lose. Well, he got the Vikings further than Rodgers got the Packers right? And didn't Rodgers lose the last game for the Pack? The problem with Packer fans is--you all love Brett. Sucks to be so good eh? You just don't want to admit it. And why don't you take your ridiculous redneck accents and hammer McCarthy and Thompson. They are who failed you! By the way, I am a Brett fan--won't root for the Packers until MM & TT are gone!!!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Brett didn't screw anyone over.

Apparently you are the one with cheese for brains if you believe this.

MM and TT did not want hiim to come back. Did you miss all that?
Did you miss all those chapters about retiring, press conferences, crying, unretiring, retiring, unretiring, going through the Jets ******** them over just to ultimately play for arguably our most hated rival? Maybe you missed that part, or you are just leaving it out...

And Packer fans--you are the butt of the jokes.
I think all fan bases are butts of jokes from another fan base. That's just how it works. Grow up. It's well documented the Packers have one of the best fan bases in the world.. I suspect jealousy and envy here...

Are you kidding when you said Brett deserved to lose. Well, he got the Vikings further than Rodgers got the Packers right?
Congratulations. Mission Not Accomplished. The Pack's year probably went above expectations. The Vikings season however did not. Brent returned for one reason which was: To get the Vikings to a Superbowl, and to win. Nothing less. This is also well documented.

And didn't Rodgers lose the last game for the Pack?
Nope.

The problem with Packer fans is--you all love Brett. Sucks to be so good eh? You just don't want to admit it.
Honestly some of this doesn't make sense. We love Brent, yet the majority of us were ecstatic when he lost in glorious fashion. But really, it wasn't like that when he played with the Jets. When he joined the vikings however, he was truly hated, deservedly so.

And why don't you take your ridiculous redneck accents and hammer McCarthy and Thompson. They are who failed you!
Redneck accent? You mean like.. southern white trash accent? You mean like... Brent Favre accent?

By the way, I am a Brett fan--won't root for the Packers until MM & TT are gone!!!
No one cares who you root for. Please, continue rooting for the Queens. That way I know where all the scum has filtered to. The Brent Favre saga has filtered out all of the few Favre lovers, that were posing as Packer fans. Lambeau has sold out every game since 1960, in a town of 100,000 people. Not because of Brent, but because we love our Packers. And no matter what, it will continue to sell out. And that 40+ year waiting list for season tickets shows you that the place will never be empty.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Congratulations. Mission Not Accomplished. The Pack's year probably went above expectations. The Vikings season however did not. Brent returned for one reason which was: To get the Vikings to a Superbowl, and to win. Nothing less. This is also well documented.
So your saying the Packers goal was not the Super Bowl? And the well documented part, tell me, which teams were not playing for a chance at the Super Bowl?

Honestly some of this doesn't make sense. We love Brent, yet the majority of us were ecstatic when he lost in glorious fashion. But really, it wasn't like that when he played with the Jets. When he joined the vikings however, he was truly hated, deservedly so.
Actually I have seen a lot of hate on Brett since he wanted to come back. That is when it started. Most of the fans who hate him now are the same ones who hated him when he tried to return to the Packers.

No one cares who you root for. Please, continue rooting for the Queens. That way I know where all the scum has filtered to. The Brent Favre saga has filtered out all of the few Favre lovers, that were posing as Packer fans. Lambeau has sold out every game since 1960, in a town of 100,000 people. Not because of Brent, but because we love our Packers. And no matter what, it will continue to sell out. And that 40+ year waiting list for season tickets shows you that the place will never be empty.
Of course, because the Packer never check up on who is actually getting the tickets. I have friends in Appleton with season tickets. They get grandpa's tickets. Problem is grandpa died 17 years ago. Accordingly he would be 103 this year. There are at least 2 teams for sure with longer season ticket waiting lists. They just do a better job of weeding out the dead people getting tickets.

Members online

Latest posts