Last year's playoff loss was not just a bad day, was it?

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never saw the Packers so beaten up by the NYG before -- even in the playoffs last year, when the Pack were physicically manhandled. That wasn't just a bad day, as some speculated here, huh?

I've read alot here about the OL problems. But an equally significant problem is your defense -- they could stop almost NOTHING again last night, and your young secondary took some very bad penalties in the 2nd half (couldn't deal with losing). I would assume the injuries have simply become too much.

NYG have their own problems -- for example, they really need Kenny Phillips to be able to play, and that non-contct injury last night was bad news. But their problems appear far less than the Packers.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're about what 56 years old, and you feel the need to post on this board to gloat about your win? Look I know my team has problems, and I know we are missing many many spare pieces. Shouldn't you worry about your house you need to clean up after Sandy came through? Yeah thought so. Typical ****ing New York ********* at it's finest. Always thinking that everything revolves around an average team who just gets so hot in the playoffs. So tell me what happens when the New Jersey Gina's don't make the playoffs? You gonna come back here, and finally admit your team sucks to us? Andre Brown is DONE for the year, and your position at Running Backs is thin at best. Oh and when your team gets *** ***** by the Redskins next week JUST Maybe I'll come to your message board and GLOAT about your loss. Get lost you old ****.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I normally wouldnt allow that type of bashing..the guy stopped posting in Sept when his team lost opening night, then decides to COME back NOW?

Pretty munch trollish

OP
OP
N

NYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, you guys are really hurting . . .similar to us after the Cincinatti game. NFL has become a league of pure parity -- either NYG or Pack could win the superbowl this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Boy, you guys are really hurting . . .similar to us after the Cincinatti game. NFL has become a league of pure parity -- either NYG or Pack could win the superbowl this year.

We have another Giant fan that is welcomed here...He posts and doesnt just come by when you win..He IS respected, unlike you..

YOU spewed crap from your mouth before your 1st game..Then you lost and no where to be seen TILL NOW

Thats being a troll

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Never saw the Packers so beaten up by the NYG before -- even in the playoffs last year, when the Pack were physicically manhandled. That wasn't just a bad day, as some speculated here, huh?

True but since we're not in the same division it's not like we get two games per year to use as a litmus test.

I've read alot here about the OL problems. But an equally significant problem is your defense -- they could stop almost NOTHING again last night, and your young secondary took some very bad penalties in the 2nd half (couldn't deal with losing). I would assume the injuries have simply become too much.

I think our young guys have stepped up admirably, but we just weren't on the Giants' level last night and it was obvious. When the Giants are "on," they are deadly. When they're off, they can be beaten by inferior teams. From what I've seen I think it's true that the Giants are the "best 9-7 team in the NFL."

Last night the Giants were "on," and w/o Matthews, Woodson and the others, our guys weren't up to the task. Some of it goes back to play calling IMHO. From my very limited MMQB perspective, I don't think our secondary does well in zone defense. They play "off" from the receivers and usually this allows QBs to get the short passes to them before our boys can make the tackle. Unfortunately the short pass is usually 10 yards and/or enough for a first down, so the ball gets advanced a lot. The way you fight that is with a good pass rush, but w/o CMIII ours was nearly non-existent and Eli will dissect you if you give him all night to throw the ball, which we did.

NYG have their own problems -- for example, they really need Kenny Phillips to be able to play, and that non-contct injury last night was bad news. But their problems appear far less than the Packers.
I don't know about "far" less, mostly because I wouldn't use last night's game as a litmus test on what this team's problems are.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The outcome of this game was determined when the Gmen stunk it up vs Cincy 2 weeks ago. Their 2nd loss in a row to a team they should have beaten. That gave them two weeks worth of harrassment from the NY sports media along with the additional week of rest and game planning to stop what GB does best. Those factors combined with a home field advantage and GB missing 5 key starters make you wonder why anyone would think GB had a chance in this game. Giants took care of business, hats off to them. But i'd love to see them again, at full strength, in the playoffs.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night was a lesser version of the NYJ/Patriots game where everything that could go wrong for the Packers DID go wrong for the Packers. Fortunately it's not a huge loss, standings wise, and we still have an opportunity to win our division.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts