Lamichael James

FiercePierce6

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While running back isn't an immediate need. I think James could be pretty lethal if we used him right. He wouldn't be an every down back, obviously. But I really think he could be a Darren Sproles type player that could make an immediate impact. Especially on 3rd down.

I don't know how long he'll stay on the board. My guess is he'll go 2nd round. Do we take a flyer?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
While running back isn't an immediate need. I think James could be pretty lethal if we used him right. He wouldn't be an every down back, obviously. But I really think he could be a Darren Sproles type player that could make an immediate impact. Especially on 3rd down.

I don't know how long he'll stay on the board. My guess is he'll go 2nd round. Do we take a flyer?
Not even remotely big enough for that, he WILL get hurt. Quite frankly I expect him to be moved to reciever. He's essentially a smaller, faster Alex Green. Being as how we already have Green, we don't need James. Besides, from what I hear, Cobb will already be running check down

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
There are other guys I like better in these next two rounds. But if we got him today, I wouldn't be disappointed

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont agree with moving just to target him. But if he is still around at one of our later round picks (which I doubt) I guess go for it. I dont know if he is a huge upgrade from Alex Green although Green is very much unproven to us at this point.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I dont agree with moving just to target him. But if he is still around at one of our later round picks (which I doubt) I guess go for it. I dont know if he is a huge upgrade from Alex Green although Green is very much unproven to us at this point.

They are two totally different backs. LaMichael James is a big play waiting to happen. He's a playmaker. Put in the right situation and used properly like Darren Sproles, he's a lethal weapon.

Mozhino

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer Michael Smith out of Utah State, understudy to Robert Turbin, he rushed for 870 yards a 7.6 average, he is 5ft 8, weighs 200 odd pounds, and runs the 40 in 4.33 and voted MVP in the College Football All star Game.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'd prefer Michael Smith out of Utah State, understudy to Robert Turbin, he rushed for 870 yards a 7.6 average, he is 5ft 8, weighs 200 odd pounds, and runs the 40 in 4.33 and voted MVP in the College Football All star Game.

I had Robert Turbin in my mock draft. I like him a lot but it's a reach to take him any earlier than 4. James is an exceptional talent. If we get him it makes our offense much more dangerous

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way LMJ lasts after the 2nd round. No way we trade up for him. There are still DLinemen to be had, and I don't expect us to go RB at all until 3rd, if that. Polk should still be on the board then.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
No way LMJ lasts after the 2nd round. No way we trade up for him. There are still DLinemen to be had, and I don't expect us to go RB at all until 3rd, if that. Polk should still be on the board then.

I know. I can dream though. I think in the 3rd Turbin will be there, Polk, Rainey and maybe even Lamar Miller who's been falling a lot. If we want to grab a RB

Reaction score
Packers need to focus on defense today yet. DL & Safety hopefully today.

LMJ is not the kind of back the Packers like. They tend to go after the bigger backs. I can see them picking a RB with one of their 4 7th rounds picks.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't feel good about taking him if he was there when our turn came up in the second.

We have more pressing needs: Saine and Starks are serviceable and Green hasn't been disproven yet...

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are two totally different backs. LaMichael James is a big play waiting to happen. He's a playmaker. Put in the right situation and used properly like Darren Sproles, he's a lethal weapon.
My point is they would be trying to fill the same spot on the team. A 3rd down back that is adept at taking passes out of the backfield. We just drafted two guys (Green and possibly Cobb) that can fill that role. Why would we go after a 3rd guy to do it with other positions that need more depth. A Rb will be drafted in this draft thats for sure. But round 2 will not be the time.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
My point is they would be trying to fill the same spot on the team. A 3rd down back that is adept at taking passes out of the backfield. We just drafted two guys (Green and possibly Cobb) that can fill that role. Why would we go after a 3rd guy to do it with other positions that need more depth. A Rb will be drafted in this draft thats for sure. But round 2 will not be the time.

In that case I get what you're saying.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel good about taking him if he was there when our turn came up. Green hasn't been disproven yet...
Yeah I agree. I want too see what that kid can do yet. I mean if for some strange reason James fell into our spot in the 3rd then it would be a very good value pick.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
James is a completely different back from Sproles, James is one big INJURY waiting to happen. At 6'2 you can spot him real easy, and he's a twig. I also don't think he's shifty enough to avoid that big hit like Sproles is.

Blame it on location, but i like Pierce

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to focus on defense today yet. DL & Safety hopefully today.

LMJ is not the kind of back the Packers like. They tend to go after the bigger backs. I can see them picking a RB with one of their 4 7th rounds picks.

I don't expect very many 7th round RB's, if any, to survive our roster with Saine, Starks, and Green. Those picks hopefully will be used to move up today and tomorrow.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

He sure made the Badgers look stupid in the Rose Bowl... what an irritating little turd he was. :whistling:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts