Lambeau renovations

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More renovations coming. To the tune of $140 mil.

Packers hall of fame and curlys pub will be moved. Pro shop will double in size.

Thoughts?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
players will now have a tunnel to drive through and have a big fence/gate?

Not sure if I like that...

WhatUSaid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would've been cool if curly's pub looked out to the field.

Pro shop to me didn't really have anything I couldn't get online. That made me sad.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would've been cool if curly's pub looked out to the field.

Pro shop to me didn't really have anything I couldn't get online. That made me sad.

There are some things you cant get online including team equipment

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was expecting more.
I mean you can get a toaster that toasts the "G" onto your bread online. (I'm just using that as an example of the various stuff that you can get through the online pro shops, both team and NFL)

There is only so much you can do with team memorabilia that is original.

WhatUSaid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean you can get a toaster that toasts the "G" onto your bread online. (I'm just using that as an example of the various stuff that you can get through the online pro shops, both team and NFL)

There is only so much you can do with team memorabilia that is original.
That's true. I thought it might have had to do with NFL licensing.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pro shop needs to be larger. Years ago, it was the largest in the NFL. I am not sure if that is still the case, but it is very crowded on the weekends of gameday. Still a highlight for me on game weekends when in town - just to see what team equipment is for sale that is not on their site.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
More renovations coming. To the tune of $140 mil.

Packers hall of fame and curlys pub will be moved. Pro shop will double in size.

Thoughts?
10 years ago when the team came to the taxpayers to finance that expansion, it was stated or at least strongly implied that the stadium would host more events than 10+ football games a year. In that time there has been just one non-Packer event in the bowl. A Kenny Chesney concert in 2011. The first few years were because of the rebuild and "it takes time to get an act." A few years back was because of the new sound system and the latest round of enhancements. Now with this new rebuild it will be 3 more years before any other use of the stadium. The team will be almost halfway through its lease without allowing a non-football event in the bowl. Wonder what they will think up next.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 years ago when the team came to the taxpayers to finance that expansion, it was stated or at least strongly implied that the stadium would host more events than 10+ football games a year. In that time there has been just one non-Packer event in the bowl. A Kenny Chesney concert in 2011. The first few years were because of the rebuild and "it takes time to get an act." A few years back was because of the new sound system and the latest round of enhancements. Now with this new rebuild it will be 3 more years before any other use of the stadium. The team will be almost halfway through its lease without allowing a non-football event in the bowl. Wonder what they will think up next.
I'm totally fine with only Football games being held there.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree 100%. They need to host more events at the stadium. No excuse.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, this is just one in a series of steps within the stadium district that over the next ten years will brand that entire area with a great big friggen "G"....particularly to the west toward Hwy 41 and to the south where, you will be seeing a hotel ... and all other kinds of Packers interests. The boys at 1265 are slowly but surely buying up that end of town. Not too bad considering that a few years ago, the Oneidas were making noise about wanting their land back... ;)

Further, a part of that area closer to Hwy 41, from what I understand is already owned by the Packers, but is being developed, placing a Cabela's on Packer owned land. That part had been classified as a wetland and initially, Cabella's balked, after Bass Pro Shop refused, until Executive Committee Member John Bergstrom, who is a big supporter of Wisconsin's governor, managed to get the 'wetlands' restriction removed ... and, from what I understand, Cabella's is back in the picture.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscon...-on-site-with-wetlands-2h59hum-150180945.html

Oh yeah.... things are rolling their way. Believe it, without the Packers, Green Bay is Fargo and Wisconsin is ... um ... Idaho?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm totally fine with only Football games being held there.
Not when you go to taxpayers asking them for money when a majority of them will not enter the stadium itself more than a few times in their life. Most area residents aren't season ticket holders and thus don't have access to tickets at face value unless through friends / family. Thus the county "lottery tickets" were created but that is for one game per season. No choice of games either.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not when you go to taxpayers asking them for money when a majority of them will not enter the stadium itself more than a few times in their life. Most area residents aren't season ticket holders and thus don't have access to tickets at face value unless through friends / family. Thus the county "lottery tickets" were created but that is for one game per season. No choice of games either.

I don't think that tickets are all that expensive really. A quick look at Stubhub.com has about 5,000+ tickets available starting at $159.00 each. And they even have tickets for the NFC Championship game available (should the Packers be participating in the game) starting at $41.00 each and about 4,000+ tickets available for purchase. I didn't look at the actual location of the seats for those prices, but those are easily affordable. Heck when Green Bay came out to Seattle back in 2010 for the preseason I was able to get a pair really nice seats (6 rows back from the field on the 20 yard line Visitors side) for myself and a friend for $120.00 a each. Whether you can get them at face value or not is rather irrelevant imo. It is not like fans of other successful teams don't experience issues like that in regards to ticket sales. Par for the course if you ask me.
http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSea...50&searchMode=event&start=0&rows=50&geo_exp=1

In an earlier post you wrote:
10 years ago when the team came to the taxpayers to finance that expansion, it was stated or at least strongly implied that the stadium would host more events than 10+ football games a year.

Well was it stated or just strongly implied in the agreement that was signed? That's pretty key. If it was part of the agreement then I'd say that you have a very valid point in being irked at the Packers Organization. However if it was only implied and not actually written into the agreement that was signed... well then the Packers haven't done anything wrong.

I like that the field that the Packers play on is pristine, I'd also like for them to be able to keep it that way.

Reaction score
I like an expanded Pro Shop if it creates more room so the entrances don't get so clogged up.
I went to the Titans game this year - an hour before the game I tried waiting in line to enter the pro shop - didn't move much - so I just went to get one of those pizza slices ...

Members online

Latest posts