Lambeau, Here I Come! Could Use Some Pointers

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sooo, today I sold my old motorcycle (still have my baby) for $800. It was worth more but hey, riding season is over. I didn't want to sell it but it was the only way I was going to be able to go to my Graceland. :) :cool: :)

Anyway, the wife and I will be buying tickets for the 1/1/12 game vs. Detroit. I've been looking on eBay and have found some nice seats in the $450-$650 range, which is what I am wanting to spend while saving the rest for gas money for our 11 hour drive each way. This way I can try to only use my own money for spending cash and the hotel rate. I've decided to wait a couple weeks before ordering in hopes I can stumble upon a great deal on good seats in the meantime. Any suggestions on where to find good deals on seats? :)

Anyway, I started looking for a hotel and quickly realized all hotels IN Green Bay are already booked up for the 2 nights we will be staying. So I found a hotel in Appleton with great rates and i think we will be booking with them in the next couple days. Is this a nice town? Any problem with staying here?

Unfortunately, we won't be coming equipped for a tailgate because of the long travel distance, etc. I was hoping we could stumble upon and be welcome at an already established tailgate (or 3). What are the odds of this? Having a beer and a brat at a Lambeau tailgate is HIGH on my bucket list along with a trip to Lambeau (I've been to Packer games in Detroit and Pittsburgh). You have no idea how excited we are for this! :confused: :eek:!

And lastly, any suggestions on something to do on New Years Eve in or around Green Bay? Keep in mind we are still pretty young (30, 29) so we are not afraid to party :whistling: , hehe.

Thanks in advance!

-Brian ....and Alicia, I guess...

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
.....Alicia.... you BETTER take your wife. (if thats what that meant!)

...not afraid to party!!! lol :cool:

I'm sure your going to get some advice/response..but I just had to comment!

OP
OP
PackMan13x

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, we aren't actually married, but have lived together over 10 years and have an 8 year old daughter, so I just call her my wife to people that don't know us, it's just easier. And yes, she's coming..

I found 2 tickets section 118 Row 5 (40 yard line, packers side) for $593 but I can't deposit enough into checking until Monday I guess, hope they are still available!

OP
OP
PackMan13x

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, I originally just wanted to say I was coming, then I started rambling on and on. I've been waiting a long time for this, just never had the chance. I was born and raised a Packer fan by my dad and we always planned to go together someday, which we were definitely going to do. Unfortunately he died at age 49, so we never made it. Now I'm finally going and I want to make sure I do it right. It may be a little bittersweet, but I can't wait!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I'll deffinatly be tailgating for this game..we tailgate behind lambeau at sideline sports bar you are more than welcome to come have some drinks with us play some madden 12 and of course the all important beer pong game. Hit me up with a private message n I can get you more info

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Appleton is a great city. :) Depending where you're staying in Appleton it's roughly 25 minutes from Lambeau. Straight shot down 41 (or 441 to 41, but again, it depends where you're staying). Usually the Gamblers (hockey) play on New Year's Eve, which can be fun if you're into that. If I were you I'd just hit up the bars, though. Appleton or Green Bay. Personally, I think Appleton has more to offer. I might be nuts for saying that.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Appleton is a great city. :) Depending where you're staying in Appleton it's roughly 25 minutes from Lambeau. Straight shot down 41 (or 441 to 41, but again, it depends where you're staying). Usually the Gamblers (hockey) play on New Year's Eve, which can be fun if you're into that. If I were you I'd just hit up the bars, though. Appleton or Green Bay. Personally, I think Appleton has more to offer. I might be nuts for saying that.
...but you're not. Most aids for a Packer game revolve around Green Bay. Appleton has the College Avenue area down town. That area should be rockin on NewYears Eve. Appleton is GBgals bailiwick to hootenanny in. I don't have much more to offer.

Members online

Latest posts