Lambeau brats , some of the best stadium foods.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge Packer fan, go to a lot of game at Lambeau, but the food sucks. The burgers are the worst I have ever had. I will never order another. The pizza is cold and like cardboard. Even the brats which everyone raves about are horrible.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been to 3 games at lambeau and gotten the hot chocolate there every time and it was literally the best hot chocolate i have ever had in my life. I am usually too stuffed from tailgating to eat in the stadium but I did have a brat with spicy mustard and it was pretty good.

Every single one of these foods on the list looks amazing. Making me very hungry

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Even the brats which everyone raves about are horrible.

Unless you go into Curley's and get the foot-long Johnsonville...paying the premium, of course. I've heard that Johnsonville isn't going to make a foot-long brat any more ... at least not for the place in Fond du Lac that used to have them... Klement's still makes a foot-long I guess...but...it ain't the same.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge Packer fan, go to a lot of game at Lambeau, but the food sucks. The burgers are the worst I have ever had. I will never order another. The pizza is cold and like cardboard. Even the brats which everyone raves about are horrible.
Agreed! The food is not the greatest and there is not a lot of selection; however, the Leinie's is always delicious and cold! ;)

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Unless you go into Curley's and get the foot-long Johnsonville...paying the premium, of course. I've heard that Johnsonville isn't going to make a foot-long brat any more ... at least not for the place in Fond du Lac that used to have them... Klement's still makes a foot-long I guess...but...it ain't the same.

The brats they make at Festival are better than Johnsonville, IMO.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The brats they make at Festival are better than Johnsonville, IMO.

Tried 'em but ... I'd stick with Johnsonville personally only because they're more accessible than the BEST brats I've EVER had from a meat market in a little town named Pipe, WI ... on the southeast shore of Lake Winnebago.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I used to like Johnsonville, but I don't know. Since they've gone more national in the last 12 years or so, the quality seems to have gone down. Seems to be made from a lot of low quality pieces of gristle anymore. They're also too damn salty. The best brats I've ever had were at a meat market in Mattoon, IL. The guy who makes them is a German fella by the name of Jonas Kuhn. His brats just melt in your mouth and the flavor is top notch. There's a place on KK I think, near Darboy, WI that is pretty damn good too. Not saying they're the best or anything, just the best I've had and I've had a lot.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oh yeah...I know which meat market near Darboy you're talking about...and for the life of me, I can't remember the name...

However, if you're in the area, during the summer there's a meat market at the Northland Avenue and 441 off ramp in Appleton called Cedar Creek (or something like that). Every Friday, they grill and sell their brats right at the market. Tell ya...those puppies are good too. You'd have to get there early because not only is their parking lot full, but Northland Ave (actually OO) is parked up on both sides of the street (road). That is one of the few things I miss from when I worked in Appleton...REALLY looked forward to Friday from 11-3. :)

I know what you're saying about Johnsonville the last few years...my brother now lives in Daytona Beach and paid like $14 for a 3 lb box and he said he was disappointed too.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, you guys are making me want to go to WI and try some REAL brats. (I hope to visit Lambeau next season!) I bought some store made (WI style) brats for the Packer game last week, and I gotta tell you they were HORRIBLE. NOTHING like the brats that I enjoyed at the Packer Forum EPIC San Diego tailgate this season. :D

Maybe, that's why the Packer lost?!!

I was eating FAKE brats! LOL!

OP
OP
Chillarfan54

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of the food on that list looks amazing. Pretzel, Fries with cheese, Cuban sandwhiches. I wish they would have some of that at Lambeau. I do enjoy at Lambeau during home games is there cheese curds,mozzarella sticks and like someone said. Their hot chocolate is the best. Just love it.

Has any tasted good stadium food , when traveling to Packer away games? Any suggestions on that to try at other stadiums?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah...I know which meat market near Darboy you're talking about...and for the life of me, I can't remember the name...

However, if you're in the area, during the summer there's a meat market at the Northland Avenue and 441 off ramp in Appleton called Cedar Creek (or something like that). Every Friday, they grill and sell their brats right at the market. Tell ya...those puppies are good too. You'd have to get there early because not only is their parking lot full, but Northland Ave (actually OO) is parked up on both sides of the street (road). That is one of the few things I miss from when I worked in Appleton...REALLY looked forward to Friday from 11-3. :)

Actually, this is the place I was thinking of. I used to work in Darboy and we'd go get a bunch every Friday. It's just been a long time. OO, KK, I just couldn't remember which it was, but yeah, that's good stuff there.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts