Ladies and gentleman, welcome the to the main event!!

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive just got on my computer this mornin and seen that they ALREADY got articles bout this weeks game against the vikes. Im really hopin Arod has a career game in the metrodump.:viksux:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper, Green Bay wins easily. Too bad games aren't played on paper.

Green Bay will NOT be able to run the ball consistently well, and God knows it cannot consistently stop the run, so the pressure is on Arod. He's young and dumb enough to carry the team next Monday.

But, the fact remains that Minnesota - no matter its talent level - ALWAYS plays Green Bay tough, but its gotten easier in the dome since they replaced the hard turf with "field" turf - plays a lot slower which benefits opposing offenses.

It's a tough call, really. I've watched every Minnesota game this year and I can tell you they are painfully vanilla on offense, but if AP can run - which he ALWAYS does on Green Bay - vanilla is enough. The Vikings pass and run blocking are SEVERELY OVERRATED and the only real success AP finds is bouncing a doomed play to the outside - it's all AP. The receivers are atrocious - Berrian is barely a #2 on most teams and Rice is ok. Harvin is ok, but no experience. It might be a Greg Lewis that comes in and makes huge contributions to that offense. Favre is Favre - regardless of whether you give him time, he will carve you up at some point. Favre's continues to remain in a league of his own.

So, IMHO, Green Bay's in a no-win situation. They "should" win because they have superior levels of talent on offense, scheme and at cornerback, but even if they do win, who is comfortable because recent history has proven they're all over the map.

Unfortunately, I'm finished prognosticating the Packers until they so something - be it winning or losing - in back to back seasons.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be a hard fought battle, but one I'm confident we can pull out. It won't be pretty, but I think we'll go out there angry and play with a chip on our shoulder. Hopefully we can continue to improve our offensive line and figure out a way to get some kind of running game going.

Either way, it's gonna be one hell of a game!

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely going to be a great game. I am glad that I have off that Monday so I can watch the game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree that we should win on paper. MN has a buttload of talent. We have way more talent at Wr and secondary, but then again, we have one of the best units in the league. But their Oline is way better than ours, and their Dline is amazingly talented. They have very good LBs, and to top it all, they have Favre and AP, and Chester Taylor as a backup (he would easily start in our team).

But if we play with a chip on our shoulders, it should be able to keep it competitive, if not win it.

As far as actually throwing the ball, I have no doubt Rodgers will be better than Favre. However, it's not just about throwing the ball. Changing plays, moving the chains. Favre has excellent recognition skills.

I think as far as the QB duel, there're 2 crucial points:

For them, Favre has to keep his cool and avoid throwing ints (which is awfully hard considering we have Charles Woodson, Nick Collins and Johnny Jolly:jester:) . He's gonna be pressured, and if their running game and screen game stalls, he'll try to make something out of nothing. As great as that last play was against SF, 2 defenders were just too slow in getting to him, and the guy covering Lewis just blew it. Our guys are much faster in bringing the pressure, and our secondary is way better than the 49ers.

For us, Rodgers cannot keep getting 3rd and longs. If that happens, he'll not be able to get in a rythm, and then it'll be a long game... He needs to both estabilish the big play threat, as well as keep moving the chains. And it'll be really hard, because I doubt we'll be able to run on 1st down.

And Hauschild, MM is better than Clueless, but creative is definitely not a definition of him. Until proven contraty, I don't think we can outscheme anyone, except on defense. And even then, letting Chillar at S in the 2 minute defense is NOT a smart decision...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the advantage goes to Green Bay because those players on defense know Brett. Brett knows the players on defense a little, but the defense has change to a 3-4. I believe the pressure is on all Brett to justify why he came back.

Brett's last second game winning throw Sunday was a real big monkey off Bretts back, before that play I was confident the Pack would play a good game against the vikings and win. That throw changes everything, the vikings have confidence in Brett and some presure is off him now. If he missed that pass, this would be a whole different game. I saw the viking players faces after that pass, confidence and hope was just beaming from them. The vikngs will be going into Monday Nights game with their team on a roll with Brett firmly their leader.

This is a must win for the Pack. 2 things will happen if the Pack wins:

A- The Brett thing is over

B- They get a win on the road in the division

With those two things accomplished, the Pack will have the confidence to finish the season strong

If the Pack lose:

A- Brett thing will be bigger than ever, dividing fans, coaches, GMs, Press, Players, etc JUST A BIG NIGHTMARE

B- The start of the Packers repeating last season.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember the whole preseason hype about a "schism" in the locker room for the Vikings? Winning cures all ills and both teams are coming off of good weeks and will be fired up for this game. I am sure both QB's are really looking forward to this. This is going to be the best game of the season so far with all the different storylines that are behind it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-2 will be hard, but nowhere near over. And losing to BF may divide fans, but not the lockerroom. He doesn't play for the packers anymore.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-2 will be hard, but nowhere near over. And losing to BF may divide fans, but not the lockerroom. He doesn't play for the packers anymore.
They could quickly be back up to 4-2 afterwards with games against cleveland and Detroit @ home. Then they play Minny at home which should be a game that they can win given health of the team stay good.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
We all know this will be a tough game but if we can play team ball and stay focused then anything is possible.
Let's go pack !

:viksux::happy0005:

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know this will be a tough game but if we can play team ball and stay focused then anything is possible.
Let's go pack !

:viksux::happy0005:
Well like the cliche' goes "It's why they play the game."

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its not players I am concerned so much about, but the coach and the organization. If BF wins big and is a big part of it, then it will undermine A-rod, MM, and the organization. If we lose, then we did not put the best product on the field by telling BF no. We are second best this season and could have had another shot at 13-3 if we kept BF (maybe). But that will be the underlining feeling.

I hope it not over if we lose, but all those things are Big Monkeys to be riding on the Packs back, to think it will have no effect on the team is unwise. This is a special game, once in a life time thing.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper, Green Bay wins easily. Too bad games aren't played on paper.

Green Bay will NOT be able to run the ball consistently well, and God knows it cannot consistently stop the run, so the pressure is on Arod. He's young and dumb enough to carry the team next Monday.

But, the fact remains that Minnesota - no matter its talent level - ALWAYS plays Green Bay tough, but its gotten easier in the dome since they replaced the hard turf with "field" turf - plays a lot slower which benefits opposing offenses.

It's a tough call, really. I've watched every Minnesota game this year and I can tell you they are painfully vanilla on offense, but if AP can run - which he ALWAYS does on Green Bay - vanilla is enough. The Vikings pass and run blocking are SEVERELY OVERRATED and the only real success AP finds is bouncing a doomed play to the outside - it's all AP. The receivers are atrocious - Berrian is barely a #2 on most teams and Rice is ok. Harvin is ok, but no experience. It might be a Greg Lewis that comes in and makes huge contributions to that offense. Favre is Favre - regardless of whether you give him time, he will carve you up at some point. Favre's continues to remain in a league of his own.

So, IMHO, Green Bay's in a no-win situation. They "should" win because they have superior levels of talent on offense, scheme and at cornerback, but even if they do win, who is comfortable because recent history has proven they're all over the map.

Unfortunately, I'm finished prognosticating the Packers until they so something - be it winning or losing - in back to back seasons.

not sure WHAT PAPER you are looking at ??? the one im looking at says we will have one rough day in minne ... BOTTOM LINE we cant stop the run ,, that has been proven ... the queens have maybee the best RB in the leauge .. bet your bottom dollar they are going to run that ball all over us ... hents clock controll ... its going to be a tough day for green bay ... if we make even a few mistakes out there were done ... i wont even worry about Brett in this one ... with out inability to stop the run ,, why wouldent you pound the ball all game ???

bleedinpurple

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All over but the CRYING

What happened to all you, "on paper" prognosticators who predicted the Pack to go 13, 14, or even 15-1 this season? I'm telling you yaw need to stop drinking the green cool aid. Most of the Packer fans on this site are already setting themselves up for an easy let down (that means a Packer loss) come Monday.

Face it; the best chance for a Packer win is if the Viking's plane crashes. Oh yea, Its a Viking home game. Ok, make it No chance for the Pack.
Here's my prediction Vikings by 14 and Aaron Rogers is out with an injury by the 2nd quarter.

Its great to be a Viking.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that Adrian Peterson will have a super huge day because his production has been down since the Cleveland game by his standards. Now if the defense is gassed in the second half then he will have a huge day. Hopefully no one gets posterized by him because he killed those DB's on the Browns squad.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to understand this is just ANOTHER football game. The problem comes when everyone makes it the Superbowl. I know our guys will keep thing in perspective.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I wish I was a queen fan and my greatest hope was for a former packer player to come in and finally bring us a SB, because God knows if we don't get one soon we might be the L.A. Vikings in a few years..."

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As happy as i would be for a Viking win, I will try not to get too jacked for it. It wont be the end of the world for the pack. If gb loses on nov 1st, then there will be some chaos and a lot of hate mail for TT :paladin:

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As happy as i would be for a Viking win, I will try not to get too jacked for it. It wont be the end of the world for the pack. If gb loses on nov 1st, then there will be some chaos and a lot of hate mail for TT :paladin:

It would all depend I think on how they lose it. If it is a close hard fought game where any team could have taken it then there wont be a large amount of hate mail for TT.

Now if they give up huge plays because the safties blew assignments or if A-Rod is constantly picking himself up off of the ground because he was harrassed the second after he took the snap then you can expect the hatemail for TT>

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, if we lose at home to them, no matter our record at that point, then things will get ugly. This next game is huge, don't get me wrong, but it is an away game. At Lambeau is another story.

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now if they give up huge plays because the safties blew assignments or if A-Rod is constantly picking himself up off of the ground because he was harrassed the second after he took the snap then you can expect the hatemail for TT>

I'm really starting to think the reason Favre pulled the retirement stunt was because he KNEW TT wasn't paying attention to the OL, and would be killed if he continued to play for the Pack...but from what I saw last Sunday, Favre was on his back a considerable amount, that makes him beatable. Contain AP, harass Favre, pick him off a couple of times (Woodson), and Minny could be in for trouble.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
I think this game is being taken way to seriously. The Pack and the Vikings play 2X every season, remember. Yes it will be a big game, but the next one is gonna be even bigger, and just think if we were to meet again in the playoffs. That said I'm pumped and can't wait until I'm watching the game and sipping on a brew.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts