Lacy go over 1,000 yards in 14 games?

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, Jones is a rookie. Give him a little time - DEs rarely step in and are effective. Rodgers has been okay, Hawk has been steady. Perry may do well yet. Bulaga was very good before the injury. We never got to know what Harrell could have been - but he could have been very special. We have not found out what Sherrod is either. The hit rate in the first round is only around 50%. TT is above average on that scale.

Oh yeah - I agree. I'm a huge Ted supporter and always have been. But I'm merely pointing out the fact that the impact level of most of his 1st round picks has been spotty, that's all. Justin Harrell was a huge risk, who was coming off two major injuries in college - based on that alone, he was a terrible 1st round pick. There really is no sugarcoating that. No - it isn't Thompson's fault if players are hurt in college or after they get here, but in the case of Harrell - terrible pick there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah - I agree. I'm a huge Ted supporter and always have been. But I'm merely pointing out the fact that the impact level of most of his 1st round picks has been spotty, that's all. Justin Harrell was a huge risk, who was coming off two major injuries in college - based on that alone, he was a terrible 1st round pick. There really is no sugarcoating that. No - it isn't Thompson's fault if players are hurt in college or after they get here, but in the case of Harrell - terrible pick there.
it turned out that way. But he was amazing in college and I applauded the risky pick. If you look back at the draft, there wasn't much talent drafted after Harrel either. If he panned out he would have been our Suh or Kevin Williams.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of ... notice a trend here with Ted and his 1st round picks? Other than Matthews and Raji, these 1st round picks are getting redundantly and ordinarily bad. Datone Jones has made a few plays, but certainly doesn't look like a world-beater by any means.

Actually that's not unusual to miss on first rounders, especially late first rounders. Ron Wolf was an excellent GM, but his record on his first round picks was pretty dismal. Among Wolf's first round picks: Jamal Reynolds, Terrell Buckley, George Teague, Antuan Edwards. Ugly.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of ... notice a trend here with Ted and his 1st round picks? Other than Matthews and Raji, these 1st round picks are getting redundantly and ordinarily bad. Datone Jones has made a few plays, but certainly doesn't look like a world-beater by any means.

Look at Cam Jordan's rookie year (Saints DE) - He did nothing. Now look at him. Hes one of the best DE's in the league. Has double digit sacks.

I say wait until next year before judging Jones. Sometimes it takes a year for a rookie to get their feet wet and they take off in year two and beyond.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Jack, you can kiss...both sides of my ***. You know what's old? All this TT deepthroating.
Quite the first grade analysis of comments. What are you 5?
That's right, you're displaying the maturity level of about a 1st grader.

And you obviously have some ********** issues going on. Not that there's anything wrong with that as long as you act them out with those of similar proclivities.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at Cam Jordan's rookie year (Saints DE) - He did nothing. Now look at him. Hes one of the best DE's in the league. Has double digit sacks.

I say wait until next year before judging Jones. Sometimes it takes a year for a rookie to get their feet wet and they take off in year two and beyond.
I agree.
Years 2 and 3 will give us a better idea of what we have in DaTone.
It would have been nice to have him come in and tear up the league but that's a rare occurance for a rookie at his position.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I agree.
Years 2 and 3 will give us a better idea of what we have in DaTone.
It would have been nice to have him come in and tear up the league but that's a rare occurance for a rookie at his position.

I think people expect to much out of rookies. He is now seeing blockers that are bigger, stronger, faster, smarter than he did in college. He is seeing much more complex offensive schemes. He is also not in on 100% of plays. I would say, if he continues to develope and works out hard and does film study, he will be an asset by year 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts