Lacy go over 1,000 yards in 14 games?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This guy is a gem. Hard nosed and tough. Great to have a guy like this playing for Green Bay.

By the way, I still measure the worth of a running back hitting 1,000 yards in 14 games. Old school I guess - I figure there are older guys than me who still use a 12 game schedule for the 'value' of hitting 1,000 yards ... anyway, I figure that the 1,000 yard benchmark came into play before the expansion to 16 games and that's the way it should apply in all cases ... unless the benchmark is moved up to ...say 1200 yards in 16 games.

Anyway, good game #27. Happy to have you.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
TT hit a home run.

Not really hard to hit a home run when the ball is thrown on a line right to the bat.

Someone like Eddie Lacy falling as far as he did and our dire need for a running back, it was a no-brainer.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Jack, you can kiss...both sides of my ***. You know what's old? All this TT deepthroating.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jack, you can kiss...both sides of my ***. You know what's old? All this TT deepthroating.
Lets see, first an invitation to a dude to kiss you, then some imagery with Mr. Thompson. I think I know the basis for your pent up hostilities.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Less than 14 games. He missed the one game didn't he and did he even play week 1 much?

Really he did it in 12 even if you count week 1, which I do. He did not play at all in week 3 vs the Bengals and only had 1 run in week 2 vs the Redskins before the concussion that knocked him out.

Very impressive season, doubt anyone saw this good of a season coming.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is a gem. Hard nosed and tough. Great to have a guy like this playing for Green Bay.

By the way, I still measure the worth of a running back hitting 1,000 yards in 14 games. Old school I guess - I figure there are older guys than me who still use a 12 game schedule for the 'value' of hitting 1,000 yards ...

Actually, he did go for 1000+ yards in 12 games, but who's counting?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Lets see, first an invitation to a dude to kiss you, then some imagery with Mr. Thompson. I think I know the basis for your pent up hostilities.

Quite the first grade analysis of comments. What are you 5?

And for all you know I could be gay, and what you just did is considered hate speech on these types of forums. You aren't very smart are you?

Anyway to the topic. Eddie Lacy is a great player and a tremendous asset to our team. I'm glad to have him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, that 60 yard run to open up the second half against the Cowboys was what we and the Packers needed at that time. That run was a thing of beauty.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It hurts. Really, really hurts that at long last we get the runner we have desperately needed after all these years to perfectly balance out the passing attack for our awesome Air-Run only to have one half of that taken out.
We need Air-Run and we need him badly like yesterday.
Hopefully it won't be too late and he can come back so that Air-Run and Lacy can take us into the playoffs and beyond this season.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite the first grade analysis of comments. What are you 5?

And for all you know I could be gay, and what you just did is considered hate speech on these types of forums. You aren't very smart are you?

Anyway to the topic. Eddie Lacy is a great player and a tremendous asset to our team. I'm glad to have him.
You are so funny and you don't even try to be.

Hate speech? bwhahahaha!!! Absolutely perfect!

Quite the first grade analysis of comments. . . .

I guess I better re-look at your "analysis".

So, you insult another poster. Then you condescend to calling people with a contrary view point gay. What if Jack is gay? Would that make your post hate speech? I don't think it matters - its just hateful whether he is or not.

Last edited:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Brockington years were when I was in my fandom prime going to all home games both in Green Bay and Milwaukee.
Like Lacy, Brockington was a stud and brought excitement to the game.
But the Packers rode Brockington hard and put him away wet like Ohio State did before them, which I believe led to a productive but short career for Brockington.
Let's hope this isn't the case with Lacey!

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Actually, he did go for 1000+ yards in 12 games, but who's counting?
You're absolutely right! Good stuff... and it has to be HIM because the line is essentially the same guys who brought us last year's running game. Good stuff.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was so mad when the Packers passed up on him in the first round, but was ecstatic when they landed him in the second. Huge addition to the team.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His 60 yarder showed he doesn't have breakaway speed, but he almost always picks up extra yards after contact. I'll take that trade off.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His 60 yarder showed he doesn't have breakaway speed, but he almost always picks up extra yards after contact. I'll take that trade off.
Keep in mind he was playing on a sprained ankle.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was so mad when the Packers passed up on him in the first round, but was ecstatic when they landed him in the second. Huge addition to the team.

Speaking of ... notice a trend here with Ted and his 1st round picks? Other than Matthews and Raji, these 1st round picks are getting redundantly and ordinarily bad. Datone Jones has made a few plays, but certainly doesn't look like a world-beater by any means.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of ... notice a trend here with Ted and his 1st round picks? Other than Matthews and Raji, these 1st round picks are getting redundantly and ordinarily bad. Datone Jones has made a few plays, but certainly doesn't look like a world-beater by any means.
Come on, Jones is a rookie. Give him a little time - DEs rarely step in and are effective. Rodgers has been okay, Hawk has been steady. Perry may do well yet. Bulaga was very good before the injury. We never got to know what Harrell could have been - but he could have been very special. We have not found out what Sherrod is either. The hit rate in the first round is only around 50%. TT is above average on that scale.

Members online

Latest posts