lack of penalty against the vikings

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you dont think for a minute that there was anything wrong with the Viks not getting a flag till the 4th q was it?

I know you saw the game and I know you saw the jersey grabs the Viks were doing when run blocking and thats not just being a baby..They were very very blatant...So its like how can those be missed but yet tick tack crap was called on the Packers a few times
Boo hoo. Life is so unfair for your third place packers

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everywhere on this site i see that name Skol and there is always something about them being 4-0 wow you got lucky against the niners and your zebras helped you beat us..and yes i will keep *****ing about the refs becuase without them your sorry ***** wouldnt have won..go ahead and take away that touchdown that AD had which should have been a INT..uh oh the score goes down to what 23-23 but wait we would have kicked a field goal on 4th down instead of going for the six to make it.......(let your ******* do the math).........26-23 not saying that def would have been the score but that bs call was a HUGE play!

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohh yea and how could i forget that your AWESOME 4-0 started out against two teams who have ONE win between them both..give me a break your a joke and so is any other *** that actually likes to wear purple to a football game!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really thought that the officiating monday nite was really one sided!as i watched the game and saw play after play for the vikings when they were holding or hands to the face,and nothing got called. what a difference it would have made if they had instead of 3rd and 11 they had 3rd and 21. so i say it was a predetermined outcome that the vikings were to win so farve could have his ego stroked again!!!:viksux:

This is an embarrassing comment, if you're of the rational mindset. If you're irrational and unstable in your thinking, then this type of drivel is old hat.

C'mon people - grow up!!! Toughen up!!!:yu:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an embarrassing comment, if you're of the rational mindset. If you're irrational and unstable in your thinking, then this type of drivel is old hat.

C'mon people - grow up!!! Toughen up!!!:yu:
It's separated issues. Did we deserve to lose, because we played very poorly? YES.

Did we get robbed? YES. They just turned a blind eye to everything the queens did. That's not to say that we weren't making stupid penalties. Which we were. But they made some crucial ones, too, that weren't called, specially in the holding department.

Against the bears we got robbed, too (phantom, most ridicule pass interference penalty on Al Harris that I've ever seen in my life), but we won that game anyway.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if this link will work, but great pic of one of the non-calls on the Vikes. Just comparing this to last week when SF got called for a late hit when Favre still had the ball in his hand. A few weeks ago the Viking players were joking that at least they finally were going to get the advantage for a change with BF on their team.
Dan Powers's Member Gallery

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's separated issues. Did we deserve to lose, because we played very poorly? YES.

Did we get robbed? YES. They just turned a blind eye to everything the queens did. That's not to say that we weren't making stupid penalties. Which we were. But they made some crucial ones, too, that weren't called, specially in the holding department.

Against the bears we got robbed, too (phantom, most ridicule pass interference penalty on Al Harris that I've ever seen in my life), but we won that game anyway.

I don't agree. When you argue like this, you assume NFL officiating is inherently corrupt and I cannot agree with this whatsoever.

Of all officiating in pro sports, I find the NFL to be the most consistent and I believe that is one of the reasons the sport is so popular.

Also, when you argue officiating, what you are essentially doing is making excuses for losing a ballgame. Additionally, no completed NFL contest has ever been overturned. So, why complain over something that cannot possibly change? Isn't it a better idea to accept the fact that our team is lacking in talent and/or execution and/or coaching and strive to improve in those areas to the extent that even "poor officiating" will ultimately not affect the outcome???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't agree. When you argue like this, you assume NFL officiating is inherently corrupt and I cannot agree with this whatsoever.

Of all officiating in pro sports, I find the NFL to be the most consistent and I believe that is one of the reasons the sport is so popular.

Also, when you argue officiating, what you are essentially doing is making excuses for losing a ballgame. Additionally, no completed NFL contest has ever been overturned. So, why complain over something that cannot possibly change? Isn't it a better idea to accept the fact that our team is lacking in talent and/or execution and/or coaching and strive to improve in those areas to the extent that even "poor officiating" will ultimately not affect the outcome???

So your in the favor of Jerry Rice didnt fumble crowd?

So your in the Jerry Rice didnt fumble crowd? You know for a FACT if there was instant reply back then, the Pack win that playoff game.

So umps and refs can and do screw up and make teams lose

Wasn't it the Denver game last year too? and the head of the refs came out and said it was a screw up.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robbed is a way of saying. Chill out. I'm not accusing anyone of any crime.

Also, when you argue officiating, what you are essentially doing is making excuses for losing a ballgame.
NO I'M NOT. That's why I said it's separated issues.

Additionally, no completed NFL contest has ever been overturned. So, why complain over something that cannot possibly change? Isn't it a better idea to accept the fact that our team is lacking in talent and/or execution and/or coaching and strive to improve in those areas to the extent that even "poor officiating" will ultimately not affect the outcome???
It's a FACT that they "made poor choices" (better?) against our side, as shown by the previous post. And it did change the outcome of the game, even if indirectly. It's not fair that one team has to overcome such conditions and another one get's beneficiated by it. You're basically saying "turn a blind eye to it.". Excuse me if I don't.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your in the favor of Jerry Rice didnt fumble crowd?

So your in the Jerry Rice didnt fumble crowd? You know for a FACT if there was instant reply back then, the Pack win that playoff game.

So umps and refs can and do screw up and make teams lose

Wasn't it the Denver game last year too? and the head of the refs came out and said it was a screw up.

So, you've got a fraction of one percent of NFL contests that may decide the outcome of a game and you're willing to hang yer hat on it?!?!?:shock:

I simply don't believe its productive thinking. Great teams overcome suspect officiating in nearly every scenario. If you are a fringe team, then a bad call might affect the outcome. However, isn't it a better idea to improve your ball team rather than dwell over something a team has no ability to change???

Adapt - Improvise - Overcome. Semper Fi!!!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a FACT that they "made poor choices" (better?) against our side, as shown by the previous post. And it did change the outcome of the game, even if indirectly. It's not fair that one team has to overcome such conditions and another one get's beneficiated by it. You're basically saying "turn a blind eye to it.". Excuse me if I don't.

Well, suit yourself, then.

Personally, I find arguing over officiating sheer insanity. We could analyze ever close loss and cherry pick instances when a call didn't go our way. However, all this analysis is wasted time - there is nothing we can do to change the outcome. So, for each of these games we analyze, we're defining insanity - performing the same actions over and over again and expecting different results.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think we agree that GREAT teams find ways to win..

But at same time when one side is being punished lot more than the other team it does affect the game weather you like it or not

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we agree that GREAT teams find ways to win..

But at same time when one side is being punished lot more than the other team it does affect the game weather you like it or not

I don't like it, nor do I agree with it.

Let's say Lee holds on to the pass for a TD. That changes the dynamics of the game. Green Bay was moving the ball at will - only had to punt ONE time (not including the safety punt) - they were killing Minny thru the air.

I am saying that Green Bay is obviously a much more dominant passing offense than Minnesota. It's actually kinda interesting - everything Green Bay does well (pass the ball, secondary), Minnesota sucks at.

Did you happen to catch any of the replays of the Minnesota offense when they were passing? Brett had to be COMPLETELY accurate on every throw because his receivers were covered like blankets. Conversely, when Rodgers was throwing, there was ALWAYS an open receiver - the problem was that he didn't get time to throw to them.

I think it's safe to say that based on the final statistics, Green Bay could really man-handle Minnesota at Lambeau - even with poor officiating.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like it, nor do I agree with it.

Let's say Lee holds on to the pass for a TD. That changes the dynamics of the game. Green Bay was moving the ball at will - only had to punt ONE time (not including the safety punt) - they were killing Minny thru the air.

I am saying that Green Bay is obviously a much more dominant passing offense than Minnesota. It's actually kinda interesting - everything Green Bay does well (pass the ball, secondary), Minnesota sucks at.

Did you happen to catch any of the replays of the Minnesota offense when they were passing? Brett had to be COMPLETELY accurate on every throw because his receivers were covered like blankets. Conversely, when Rodgers was throwing, there was ALWAYS an open receiver - the problem was that he didn't get time to throw to them.

I think it's safe to say that based on the final statistics, Green Bay could really man-handle Minnesota at Lambeau - even with poor officiating.

Re-visit some of those plays..Harvin had a catch where there were no defenders with in 8 yards of him..They dissected some of those on nfl network today

Complaining about the flag will not change the outcome, we get that...

But I was at work watching it on a small monitor,and the times I was able to come over and look at it,I saw lot of holding on the Vikings,one time on a 3rd down where they scored..Now, if the refs held the Vikings on the same standard that they were holding the Packers to,probably wouldnt have made that 3rd down..Then wouldnt have scored..Guess what tied at 7

But would have could have should have...

If grandma had nutts she be grandpa

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fact is you got outplayed and everybody in America knows that except the patrons of this forum. All the national news outlets were gushing about the Vikings as the team to beat in the NFC but on here if it wasn't for this or that the pack should of won or if the refs would of called that we would of won. Some of you guys sound like my kids when they lose in a pick=up game afterschool. Give the Vikes a beatdown next time instead of crying over spilled cheese and take the north by storm and win out because it is obvious the best team ever resides in green bay! Or at least that is what i hear on this forum. It is along season were waiting for the man handleing we are going to take at Lameau Hauschild. Actually we are scared to death and are giving serious consideration to not even showing up for the game. You guys do make me laugh i will give you that! It is not everyday i get a good chuckle at 5:30 in the morning before work so thanks fellas

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fact is you got outplayed and everybody in America knows that except the patrons of this forum. All the national news outlets were gushing about the Vikings as the team to beat in the NFC but on here if it wasn't for this or that the pack should of won or if the refs would of called that we would of won. Some of you guys sound like my kids when they lose in a pick=up game afterschool. Give the Vikes a beatdown next time instead of crying over spilled cheese and take the north by storm and win out because it is obvious the best team ever resides in green bay! Or at least that is what i hear on this forum. It is along season were waiting for the man handleing we are going to take at Lameau Hauschild. Actually we are scared to death and are giving serious consideration to not even showing up for the game. You guys do make me laugh i will give you that! It is not everyday i get a good chuckle at 5:30 in the morning before work so thanks fellas

Tell me where in the hell do you see any one saying its the best team ever?

We all know your being sarcastic, but dont make up lies

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

You know Skol, your the most pathetic of all the viking fans I know. You posted 0 posts before, and then after a win affected by the REFs (seen and noticed by other teams fans) and still only 7 points difference, you act like the Vikings actually did something amazing. And that your team actually will have any future with a QB that will be gone in 2-3 years. And he WILL throw away your chance at a Championship with some lame *** throws when he gets desperate. San Fran if he was going against a better secondary could easily been a pick.

You talk about GB fans being rednecks, last time I checked the only people who chew tobacco and dip are rednecks SKOL GUY! Takes one to know one I guess.

This is why people around the league consider Vik fans the worst fans out there. You act like you won the SB already and you still have 12 more games to play. Your like the poster boy of everything that is wrong with Vikings fans and organization. Congrats.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can any of you name any plays where the packers were not called?
I saw 2 non call holdings and a facemask in the first quarter. Meaning that GB got away with some stuff as well. Dont turn the ball over, protect your qb, PLAY DEFENSE and they win the game. I understand that refs can sometimes screw a team, I get that. But in this game gb did more to lose the game than anything the refs could have done.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw 2 non call holdings and a facemask in the first quarter. Meaning that GB got away with some stuff as well. Dont turn the ball over, protect your qb, PLAY DEFENSE and they win the game. I understand that refs can sometimes screw a team, I get that. But in this game gb did more to lose the game than anything the refs could have done.

and yet it was only a 7 point loss

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Skol Guy- I've said repeatedly that the Packers deserved the loss. Giving up 8 sacks and two turnovers is recipe for a loss. I'm amazed the game wasn't a blow out.

Here's what's ironic- If it were the Packers go didn't get a call against them until late in the second half, Vikings fans would be all in an uproar, claiming biased officiating and some kind of conspiracy against the league.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that's the point. You mean to tell me the Vikings played a perfect game until late in the second half? Yeah, ********.

The reason our pass rush didn't work wasn't for a lack of trying. It's because we realized early on that the Vikes simply weren't going to be called for the repeated holding and facemask calls made against our rushers.

Yeah, so what. That still doesn't make it even. So we got away with three calls. We still got jobbed. You got away with at least 6 holds, 2 fasemasks and a hand full of false starts.

I'm not arguing that we deserved the loss. We got outplayed hands down. But the officiating was far from balanced and made a tough game on the road even tougher than it should have been.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re-visit some of those plays..Harvin had a catch where there were no defenders with in 8 yards of him..They dissected some of those on nfl network today

Complaining about the flag will not change the outcome, we get that...

But I was at work watching it on a small monitor,and the times I was able to come over and look at it,I saw lot of holding on the Vikings,one time on a 3rd down where they scored..Now, if the refs held the Vikings on the same standard that they were holding the Packers to,probably wouldnt have made that 3rd down..Then wouldnt have scored..Guess what tied at 7

But would have could have should have...

If grandma had nutts she be grandpa

Of course that's "what you saw" - especially considering your team lost.

Don't you understand how ridiculous your comments read to a neutral observer??? Your team lost and instead of accepting the obvious, you make excuses. It's irresponsible and childish and leads to nowhere, fast.

Again, suck it up Sally boys - you can't live on whine.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great points, and yes, the Vikings are going to get beat badly IMHO at Lambeau and this is based purely on the Vikings giving up 400 yards thru the air even though they had 8 sacks - this is unacceptable and a recipe for a blow-out. Mind you, I am following the Vikings a bit more closely this season and am actually hoping they win the Super Bowl because I love Favre.

That being said, I feel I'm more of an unbiased authority on the state of each team. Neither will win the SB in this year. If Minnesota gets safeties that are NFL-adequate and better run-blocking, they can win in 2010 with Brett's return. Likewise, Green Bay can be close with an influx of talent at the O-line and D-line positions (although TT's burned enough 1st round bridges on DT's to last his tenure).

Green Bay has horrible run-blocking, Minnesota decent. Both teams need work on pass protection. Favre was tossed around like a rag doll the first 3 games. Minnesota has a great D-line, but average linebackers and a poor secondary overall. Green Bay has awful D-line, below-average linebacking but pretty sound secondary. The tale of two equally balanced, but quite differently built teams.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts