Kuhn Resigned

D

Deleted member 6794

Deal expected to be worth a little more than $1 million with signing, roster and workout bonuses. Absolutely fine with that.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deal expected to be worth a little more than $1 million with signing, roster and workout bonuses. Absolutely fine with that.

Agreed. ...and this just proves what some of us have been saying about the guy. Good hard working guy and all that.... but "just a guy". Nobody was going to pay him big bucks like some suggested. I'm glad he's wrapped up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im fine with it, I think he helps the younger backs with the offense and blitz pick ups.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great! I wonder if they'll have someone else "learning from him" on the roster or what. It seems like they're well served by having a guy like this on the roster, so I'm kinda surprised it's only for 1 year, but whatever. I'll take it. Nice to know that we'll have good blitz pickup whether any of the tailbacks can figure it out or not.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a waste of cash! What is this running back number 7? Hope 1 of them can play safety or middle linebacker. We did not need to resign this guy. What are we going to do with all these running backs?

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a waste of cash! What is this running back number 7? Hope 1 of them can play safety or middle linebacker. We did not need to resign this guy. What are we going to do with all these running backs?

You're kidding right?

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do we need him? Do you want him to get the ball on third and one or do you want to give it to Lacy. We have a min wage FB to lead the way if necessary. I just don't get all the love for Kuhn.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do we need him? Do you want him to get the ball on third and one or do you want to give it to Lacy. We have a min wage FB to lead the way if necessary. I just don't get all the love for Kuhn.

He's a good blocker and it cost next to nothing I don't see the problem.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A million dollars is next to nothing? We have to resign Cobb,Jordy and Balaga next year. This guy throws one block in one game and people think we need to resign him. This is the salary cap era we need to prioritize are signings and to me this is a signing that was not needed. Lacy is a beast and he will be a 3 down back next year. Look I have been a Packer fan for 40 years. I am not against Kuhn I just think the money could have been spent in an area of bigger need. Every dollar counts now.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do we need him?
Sigh, some people only see the flashy players.

Kuhn is our best pass protector, a core special teamer, and a leader in the locker room. He's a FB, not a RB as you seem to be thinking. Here is a good set of quotes about him:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10722397/john-kuhn-green-bay-packers-re-signs
Although Kuhn carried only 10 times for 38 yards last season, mostly in short-yardage situations, and had just one rushing touchdown, he proved his value as a blocker in key situations. Among his highlights in 2013 were setting key blocks on Eddie Lacy's 60-yard run that helped spark the Packers' comeback in Week 15 against the Dallas Cowboys and on Aaron Rodgers' game-winning, 48-yard touchdown pass to Randall Cobb in the regular-season finale against the Chicago Bears.

"I have to say he's probably the best pass protector, third-down back in the league as far as protection," Van Pelt said. "I don't know if there's anybody that's more sound and doesn't lose blocks. He wasn't credited for one sack [against] this season. When he was in there in protection, he was outstanding."

If anything, this signing might tell you more about Lacy's pass blocking than anything, not that's bad, but not what you need on 3rd and long when you've got an elite QB slinging the ball.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A million dollars is next to nothing? We have to resign Cobb,Jordy and Balaga next year. This guy throws one block in one game and people think we need to resign him. This is the salary cap era we need to prioritize are signings and to me this is a signing that was not needed. Lacy is a beast and he will be a 3 down back next year. Look I have been a Packer fan for 40 years. I am not against Kuhn I just think the money could have been spent in an area of bigger need. Every dollar counts now.

Correct and Kuhn will not longer be under contract come next year. Lacy will be a 3 down back next year with Kuhn leading the way. What does being a Packer fan for 40 years have to do with anything? Does that mean you don't understand good signings of core players for peanuts?

Who is available that you would you have used this money on then? Wouldn't using this money and signing someone outside of the organization hamper the re-signing of Cobb, Jordy, and Bulaga as well (which the Kuhn signing will not do BTW)?

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to comment anymore after this. Lets just say I disagree with the resigning and I hope since it has occurred he will be a valuable part of our team this year.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to comment anymore after this. Lets just say I disagree with the resigning and I hope since it has occurred he will be a valuable part of our team this year.

Of the moves that TT has made this year, this is the one you chose to disagree with? SMH. He cannot win no matter what he does.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more comment Ace. I have lived to watch the likes of Scott Hunter Jerry tagge John Hadle Jim Delgazo Carlos Brown Randy Wright Scott Brunner Chuck Fusina Jim Zorn Rich Campbell and the horrible decade of the 70's. Things are good now and I just want to make sure they stay that way.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT has done a good job this offseason. I just think this was a move that was not needed.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more comment Ace. I have lived to watch the likes of Scott Hunter Jerry tagge John Hadle Jim Delgazo Carlos Brown Randy Wright Scott Brunner Chuck Fusina Jim Zorn Rich Campbell and the horrible decade of the 70's. Things are good now and I just want to make sure they stay that way.

And I can respect that but this signing does absolutely nothing to jeopardize the future.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are all on the same team here buddy. Lets just say we agree to disagree on this signing and hope it works out well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts