Kudos to the OL's PASS BLOCKING

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We ripped them to shreds after the Kansas City loss, especially Marshall Newhouse.

But last night, they protected Rodgers as well as you could ever hope for, and they have Julius Peppers.

I especially want to credit Newhouse at LT and T.J. Lang at right tackle. He's been our starting GUARD all year, and for him to be able to kick out to the edge and play as well as he did last night, with Peppers over him a few times...... you gotta hand it to the fellas.

Now the run blocking, that's another story, but I think the Bears often would have 8 guys in the box on runs and it's hard to block 8 with 5.... they don't have the same respect for our deep game with no GJ85 in there. And WhiteLightning made them pay fot that didn't he?

Good job OL, and if that's not a fluke, then we're gonna be in good shape there with Bulaga and Clifton back I think.... as long as Clifton's rust and the lack of continuity hurts us.....

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We ripped them to shreds after the Kansas City loss, especially Marshall Newhouse.

But last night, they protected Rodgers as well as you could ever hope for, and they have Julius Peppers.

I especially want to credit Newhouse at LT and T.J. Lang at right tackle. He's been our starting GUARD all year, and for him to be able to kick out to the edge and play as well as he did last night, with Peppers over him a few times...... you gotta hand it to the fellas.

Now the run blocking, that's another story, but I think the Bears often would have 8 guys in the box on runs and it's hard to block 8 with 5.... they don't have the same respect for our deep game with no GJ85 in there. And WhiteLightning made them pay fot that didn't he?

Good job OL, and if that's not a fluke, then we're gonna be in good shape there with Bulaga and Clifton back I think.... as long as Clifton's rust and the lack of continuity hurts us.....
Ditto
and I hope Clifton and Bulaga are available next week to knock the rust off before the bye week.

Members online

Latest posts