Krob to hear soon???

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bump.

We could have definitely used K-Rob against da Bears. We need his KR/PR skills + when Jennings went out for a few series, he was really missed.

He could have really stretched the field for us too as our 4th WR/deep threat. I can't wait until he's back.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Koren will be on the field when the Packers play the Bronco's.

I think this is going to be a bigger boost to our team then many now realize, thanks for the news Z2C !!!

Agreed. This may be almost as big as in '96 when we picked up Rison.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
he is having his liver tested to show he hasnt had a drink...He is taking a pill that makes him sick if he drinks..

This came from Jay Glazer who PERSONALLY talked with K-rob when they worked out together in Arizona

and he expects to be back for the game after the bye

Just heard it right now on sports radio 1250 am in Milwaukee

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
he is having his liver tested to show he hasnt had a drink...He is taking a pill that makes him sick if he drinks..

This came from Jay Glazer who PERSONALLY talked with K-rob when they worked out together in Arizona

Thank you. :D

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This just got a fist-in-the-air salute. I like hearing stories like this about Robinson. And his return.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I swear they was not to be any contact between Koren and the Packers, but I must be wrong.
Favre talks to Robinson
Quarterback Brett Favre said he talked to teammate Koren Robinson this week and said the suspended receiver hopes to have his meeting with the NFL commissioner Roger Goodell this week.

Robinson last October began serving a one-year suspension for a repeat violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. He was arrested for DUI in August 2006, when he was a member of the Minnesota Vikings, and was released shortly after.

Favre, who has dealt with his own alcohol issues in the past, supported Robinson when the Packers signed him and expressed similar feelings a day after the two spoke on the phone.

"I think he can offer a lot," Favre said today of Robinson, who could be reinstated next week. "In just my conversations with him -- and I don't doubt this -- his knee was hurt, he had a lot of off-field issues, whereas this year I think he knows where he stands, and not looking over his shoulder.

"He said physically-speaking, he feels great. He said ... 'the only shape I'm not in is game shape,' and the only way you get in that is you play."

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I swear they was not to be any contact between Koren and the Packers, but I must be wrong.

It would be impossible to enforce that. I think he was just banned from Packers facilities.

yeah, Favre's initial ire with the league was because it banned Koren from hanging out @ team facilities, which would obviously make it easier for a guy struggling with alcohlism to just to 'hang out' and get some support from team members. We all know how hard it is to call a friend for the explicit purpose of 'talking'.

When it first came down, I took it to mean that he was still allowed to talk to teammates, just not on NFL property...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'm getting all giddy with the news that Robinson seems to have gotten his life straight.

God, what a boost that'd be to our team. :D

Think of what he could do for special teams.

Also as a deep threat. That's the one thing he can do that the other four can't. He's big and fast which provides a huge advantage on the outside. Then you have Jennings and Driver in the slot. Don't forget about James Jones either. It could really be something fun to watch.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting all giddy with the news that Robinson seems to have gotten his life straight.

Also as a deep threat. That's the one thing he can do that the other four can't. He's big and fast which provides a huge advantage on the outside. Then you have Jennings and Driver in the slot. Don't forget about James Jones either. It could really be something fun to watch.

DD, Jones, GJ, K-Rob running routes on the same play! opposing defenses wouldd be shaking in there boots.

I wonder what kind of an impact K-Rob will make when he first comes back?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Just read that Koren Robinson runs the 40 is between 4.32 and 4.38. I guess I can see why Brett said Koren was our only true deep threat at WR.

Here's an article before he was drafted.

Mel Kiper Jr: What are your accurate measureables going to be?
Koren Robinson: I'm 6-foot-3, 205 pounds. My best 40 time on an indoor track was 4.32. My vertical jump should be right around 41 inches.

Kiper: Why did you chose to attend N.C. State and what other major programs had shown an interest?
Robinson: My family is a huge part of my life. I wanted to stay close by. My mom really wanted me to remain in the state of North Carolina. For that reason, I had also considered Clemson and North Carolina. As far as N.C. State was concerned, I really was impressed with the coaching staff and the way they stressed academics.

Kiper: What about making the switch from tailback to wide receiver?
Robinson: I was a tailback all of my life, up until I signed on at N.C. State. When I was approached at N.C. State to switch to wide receiver, I had no problem making the transition. I'm the type of person who will do whatever I'm asked to help the team. If they needed me more at wide receiver, I would do my best to help out to the best of my ability.

Kiper: Tell me about that first year at the new position.
Robinson: Well, Torry Holt was a senior and I was being redshirted. I used that time to adjust to the new position. I can't thank Torry Holt enough for his help along the way. He's been my mentor. I learned a lot from Torry. He has a tremendous work ethic and really stresses preparation and focus. He really showed me the way. If I would get down on myself after running a bad route or dropping a pass, Torry would be right there, telling me to maintain my confidence and just go get the next one. I really looked up to Torry.

Kiper: What was it like to play for coach Chuck Amato this past season?
Robinson: I really liked his tough, aggressive style of coaching. He'll push you to exceed any expectations or goals you had for yourself.

Kiper: Tell me about the transition from tailback to WR.
Robinson: It was tough early on. I caught a few balls in high school, but I was primarily a running threat. At wide receiver, I had to work on concentrating on every pass that came my way, and also try to become an accomplished route runner. Torry Holt really helped me in this area. I tried to pay attention to detail just like he did. His work ethic set a great example for me. In the long run, my experience at tailback has really been a plus. I feel I'm at my best in the open field after the catch. I can take a short pass, a hitch or a curl, and turn it into a long gain. I'm always looking to go the distance, to make something happen. I can also stretch the field and really enjoy coming across the middle.

Kiper: Were there any NFL players you tried to emulate during your early years on the football field?
Robinson: Definitely. Walter Payton and Earl Campbell. I really respected their physical styles. I had the change-of-direction ability, but always was striving to be the physical runner that they were. During my senior year in high school, I really started to become a more complete tailback. Over the years, I've also studied a lot of film of the NFL's top receivers.

Kiper: As a third-year sophomore, you decided to leave N.C. State early and enter the NFL draft. What led to your decision?
Robinson: My family always supported me so strongly, I just wanted to give something back to them. My mother and father told me to follow my heart. Either way, they would be behind me 1,000 percent.

Kiper: Have you thought about what NFL draft day in April will be like for you?
Robinson: Yes, I have. My goal is to be the No. 1 pick overall. Everything I do each day is with the idea of working to be the first selection.

I remember someone asking if Robinson was going to help our running game. I noticed he was a former Tailback lol hmm

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
porky88 said:

DD, Jones, GJ, K-Rob running routes on the same play! opposing defenses wouldd be shaking in there boots.

I wonder what kind of an impact K-Rob will make when he first comes back?

a handfull of plays on offense for 1st 2 weeks but more then likley lot of kick off/ punt returns!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
K-Rob said:

"I can take a short pass, a hitch or a curl, and turn it into a long gain. "

*drools*

Mr Jennings better not see that!!

I am very curious tho...Why does it seem everyone is acting like he is the 2nd coming of Jennings ( LOL )

I personally like him cuz he is another option, does have some speed, is pretty good at holding on to the ball ( only one LOST fumble as a wr/k/r)

Look at his stats, and its really isnt anything to write home about, or is it???

75 games
242 catches--3 catches per game
3603 yards--38 yards per game
14.9 yards per catch
13 tds

59 k/o returns in 17 games
1474 return yards---15 yards per return
1 td

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering Koren was probably going to be the Vikings #1 receiver going into 2006 (and probably in '07 too) before he decided to drive back to St. Cloud drunker than hell with the cops chasing him during training camp, he definitely brings veteran experience and some potentially very good play-making ability to our young corps of receivers once he gets back up to speed

That being said, I'm still kind of holding my breath even though all signs point to him getting reinstated sooner than later. Until Goodell actually reinstates him, it's pretty much wishful thinking at this point. Although, unless there's something we don't know about, there really is very little reason to think he won't get reinstated.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren is very overrated and always has been. Every year in Seattle was going to be his "breakout" year. He's not a good 1 or 2 but he'll be useful as a 3-4 and give us a deep threat.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren is very overrated and always has been. Every year in Seattle was going to be his "breakout" year. He's not a good 1 or 2 but he'll be useful as a 3-4 and give us a deep threat.

K-Rob will be our 4th WR. Put him against any other 4th WR and he'd probably win by a landslide.

The reason we're so high on K-Rob is I can't think of any team that can matchup their 4th CB against K-Rob and be confident in that matchup. Plus, he always has the potential to break a KR for a TD. He has a history of it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus......just my opinion.....he's gonna come back hungry! He's gonna want to be part of the action!
They showed him on TV this morning. He's been working out down south. So IF they reinstate him, he would be a good addition.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

It would be impossible to enforce that. I think he was just banned from Packers facilities.

I just found this:

Packers coaches and management are prohibited from having any contact with Robinson during the suspension, but quarterback Brett Favre said he spoke to Robinson on Tuesday, and receiver Donald Driver said he missed a call from Robinson on Tuesday night but planned to talk with him soon.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/PKR01/710110556/1989

Members online

Latest posts