Koren Robinson visits with Packers

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
"And here's to you, Koren Robison.
TT loves you more then you will know, whoa whoa whoa
god bless you please, Koren Robinson, Heaven holds a place for those who play, in Green Bay, hey hey hey.

Laugh about it shout about it when you start to choose,
Just stay the heck away from the booze!"

(Ever since this thread started, i can't get the tune "Mr.s Robinson" out of my head! So i HAD to do this!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Yeah Cheesey, and thanks to you, now I can't get the song out of my head! I will be singing that song at Football Practice now!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:
"And here's to you, Koren Robison.
TT loves you more then you will know, whoa whoa whoa
god bless you please, Koren Robinson, Heaven holds a place for those who play, in Green Bay, hey hey hey.

Laugh about it shout about it when you start to choose,
Just stay the heck away from the booze!"

(Ever since this thread started, i can't get the tune "Mr.s Robinson" out of my head! So i HAD to do this!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Yeah Cheesey, and thanks to you, now I can't get the song out of my head! I will be singing that song at Football Practice now!

And i'm SURE cursing me all the way!!!LOLOLOL!!!

Hey Allen.......who are the Lemonheads? Not kidding, i don't know.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
i agree about turning your back on principals, but the guy has a disease. hes not out murdering\******. his problems are within himself.

i still dont want him, but want to clarify.

Trom,

Alcoholism is a disease. Driving under the influence is criminal. I once attended the funeral of a 19 year old girl who was killed by a drunk driver, so forgive me if I show no sympathy for them whatsoever. Once one of these irresposible idiots gets behind the wheel of a car, their "disease" becomes everyone else's problem. This is his second DUI in 2 years, and as far as I am concerned, he needs to go to jail and have his diver's license suspended for life.

Trash like this does not belong in Green Bay, or the NFL for that matter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ill agree with that, there is a difference.

so TT is damned if he doesnt bring people in, and damned if he tries to bring a guy in who went to the pro bowl last year. awesome.

TT might be desperate to bring someone in, desperate to win (god forbid), as long as the roster doesnt turn into the NFLs version of the JailBlazers, and he wont stick around long (hell, exploit the 'criminal' )..

:thumbsup:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
tromadz said:
i agree about turning your back on principals, but the guy has a disease. hes not out murdering\******. his problems are within himself.

i still dont want him, but want to clarify.

Trom,

Alcoholism is a disease. Driving under the influence is criminal. I once attended the funeral of a 19 year old girl who was killed by a drunk driver, so forgive me if I show no sympathy for them whatsoever. Once one of these irresposible idiots gets behind the wheel of a car, their "disease" becomes everyone else's problem. This is his second DUI in 2 years, and as far as I am concerned, he needs to go to jail and have his diver's license suspended for life.

Trash like this does not belong in Green Bay, or the NFL for that matter.

I agree Anubis, If he can stay out of trouble, good for him but I dont think anyone will take a chance. I dont think Green Bay should take a chance on a guy like him, he must of fit in at Minnesota with the other Criminals.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
TT might be desperate to bring someone in, desperate to win (god forbid), as long as the roster doesnt turn into the NFLs version of the JailBlazers, and he wont stick around long (hell, exploit the 'criminal' )..

:thumbsup:

Desperate to win? Ignore the O-Line and then be "desperate to win"

Why can't you use your argument here for the Offensive Line Trom?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have a husband who is a recovering alcoholic & my cousin was killed by a drunk/drugged driver last year...tough to deal with.

an alcoholic/addict is living in a life of "craziness". it makes them do things they normally wouldn't do. not making excuses here...those are the facts i've learned over the past 15 years.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
so TT is damned if he doesnt bring people in, and damned if he tries to bring a guy in who went to the pro bowl last year. awesome.

Once again, you go to extremes. The "guy who went to the pro bowl last year" is facing a year in jail for his second DUI offense in 2 years. Gee Trom, why don't we sign Maurice Clarett as well? I hear he's available...

There were some decent receivers available in the FA that TT could have signed that did not have problems with addiction, criminal records or facing jail time. As I recall, the excuse was they were "too old", "overpriced" or "didn't fit our scheme". Now that it is obvious that we need another receiver, you are giving me the "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" excuse for TT bringing in a chronic alcoholic criminal who will by most accounts be spending a year behind bars in the not-too-distant future.

tromadz said:
TT might be desperate to bring someone in, desperate to win (god forbid), as long as the roster doesnt turn into the NFLs version of the JailBlazers, and he wont stick around long (hell, exploit the 'criminal' )...

Maybe TT should have thought about all this at the BEGINNING of the FA when there was respectable players available, and not 5 days before the regular season opener when apparently the best option is a convicted felon. :roll: As far as "exploting the criminal" goes, WTF did TT rap on all preaseason about "Packer people" and "changing the culture of the team" if he wasn't above signing convicted criminals? Furthermore, if he is this quick to turn his back on his principals, why should I have any faith in the man at all?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our New WR ?

WED., SEP 6, 2006 - 12:10 AM
Packers: Robinson in the neighborhood for a 'little chat'
JASON WILDE 608-252-6176
[email protected]

GREEN BAY - If Koren Robinson does get one last chance in the NFL, it could very well be with the Green Bay Packers because of his relationship with general manager Ted Thompson.

The troubled wide receiver, who visited the Packers earlier this week, was cut by the Minnesota Vikings Aug. 26 after his arrest 11 days earlier on six counts of drunken driving and fleeing a police officer after a high-speed chase back to the team's training-camp headquarters in Mankato, Minn.

Robinson, who'd had numerous alcohol-related problems in the past and was suspended for four games in 2004 for violating the league's substance abuse policy, appeared to have turned his life around. Now, he's facing a possible one-year NFL suspension in addition to his legal problems because this incident could constitute a third violation of the NFL policy.

Nevertheless, Thompson, who picked Robinson ninth overall for the Seattle Seahawks in the 2001 NFL draft and pushed hard to sign him last fall after the Vikings released him before the regular-season opener, brought in Robinson to meet with coach Mike McCarthy, receivers coach Jimmy Robinson and personnel analyst John Schneider, who was in Seattle with Thompson when the team drafted him.

"I just have a long history with Koren and wanted to bring him in, have a little chat, see how he's doing," Thompson said Tuesday.

Said McCarthy: "I was impressed with him as a person. It was a good visit. It was a situation where he has strong relationships with some people in the building and we just wanted to sit down and talk with him."

The Packers could sign Robinson even with the suspension hanging over his head because, should he be suspended, he would be able to play while waiting for his appeal to be heard. That tends to be a slow process and Robinson could play the whole season before knowing his fate.

The Packers currently have four wide receivers on the roster. A source said Thompson and his staff are acutely aware of the potential public-relations hit they could take if they sign Robinson, but at the same time, there is a feeling Robinson was on the right path and had a setback, as many alcoholics do.

Word of Robinson's visit came to light because the Packers were required by NFL rules to register his visit with the league office.

Asked if he'd have preferred to have kept Robinson's under wraps, Thompson said, "No, no. If I didn't want it to get out, I wouldn't have brought him in because you have to report it to the league office. I just wanted to see how he was doing. And he seems to be doing fine."

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Our New WR ?

This is where I stand...I think people who break the law and rules of the league should be punished, but should he be punished for having some addictions and problems? Should he be shunned from the league forever? No, I believe if he is in rehab and constantly trying to get better, I believe he should have a shot. I really like K. Robinson as a player. As a person on face he doesn't seem that good. But, I think this article is right...Robinson has one more chance and TT could be the one to shape him up with the relationship. It might be worth a try if he is around this year not suspended all year, I would take the risk if he acts up say good bye.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Our New WR ?

Whoops,

Sorry, I did not see the below thread already started on Robinson. If you mods might be so kind to move this post to where it belongs, it would be mucho appreciated !!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, Cheesey, nice rewrite on those lyrics. :)

From what I know of Robinson, all of his troubles have come off of the field, no? I've not heard of him being a locker room problem, but I could be wrong. Am I? I'm kinda on the fence right now as to whether I'd like to see him suit up in the green and gold, but I gotta be honest, the possibility of his talent being added to that of Driver and Jennings on the field has me kinda leaning towards wanting to see what he might be able to do. I wish Ferguson would just find "it" again, so I wouldn't even have to think about whether I think so and so deserves to be brought in.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said,
There were some decent receivers available in the FA that TT could have signed that did not have problems with addiction, criminal records or facing jail time. As I recall, the excuse was they were "too old", "overpriced" or "didn't fit our scheme". Now that it is obvious that we need another receiver, you are giving me the "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" excuse for TT bringing in a chronic alcoholic criminal who will by most accounts be spending a year behind bars in the not-too-distant future.

I believe Moulds, Keyshawn, and Randle El were all available at one time and I remember many excuses being made as to why TT shouldn't even consider them setting foot in GB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jdlax said:

From what I know of Robinson, all of his troubles have come off of the field, no? I've not heard of him being a locker room problem, but I could be wrong. Am I? I'm kinda on the fence right now as to whether I'd like to see him suit up in the green and gold, but I gotta be honest, the possibility of his talent being added to that of Driver and Jennings on the field has me kinda leaning towards wanting to see what he might be able to do. I wish Ferguson would just find "it" again, so I wouldn't even have to think about whether I think so and so deserves to be brought in.
Thanks jdlax!
I also wish Fergy would get it together and be what he looked like he could be. That would take the pressure off.
Maybe GB, with it's small town atmosphere, could help a guy like Robinson overcome his "demons." But it still comes down to HIS choice. Does he really want to straighten out or not.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Anubis said,

I believe Moulds, Keyshawn, and Randle El were all available at one time and I remember many excuses being made as to why TT shouldn't even consider them setting foot in GB.

Moulds, Keyshawn, Randle El, TO, Porter, .... ARE too old or over priced or dont fit the WCO prototype. none of these guys would be signed for even close what we would pay for Krob, and everyone of these guys is older.

Krob would be a steal. Hes young, WAY underpriced now, and hes a freaking pro bowl talent. IT would rip the collective heart right out of the Viqueen Nation, and i think we can all agree that that in itself is worth the risk.
Not to mention TT has a great relationship with the kid, maybe he can talk sense into him. And as far as him not playing, it wont happen if he appeals it just like winni's article pointed out.

I was originally against this for the not "packer people" thing. However since talking to Queen fans, it would cause serious emotional damage to them if he succeeded here. My money says he will be signed friday, when his contract can be released at any time. Im actually kinda excited about it now.

MAYBE!!! TT planned this out all along, maybe he told Krob to get drunk and speed so that the vikings would drop him and he could get him for cheap. then Krob, TT , and Arod would get together and rush brett favre out the front door.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
jdlax said:

Thanks jdlax!
I also wish Fergy would get it together and be what he looked like he could be. That would take the pressure off.
Maybe GB, with it's small town atmosphere, could help a guy like Robinson overcome his "demons." But it still comes down to HIS choice. Does he really want to straighten out or not.

i think fergie is happy being a #3 WR and special teams player.

why can't robinson just call a cab?

can he have his sentece stayed to GB, and get work release?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wanted to see how he was doing. And he seems to be doing fine."

So why couldn't TT just give him a phone call...did he really need to fly him in to find this out? Seems somewhat telling.

Anubius...I think you bring up a good point...TT obviously procrastinated, or was relying on Boerighter and Gardner to pan out...so now it's these last min. shenanigans to sign a punk.

W/ that said...many have reported that this was an isolated incident and that he has otherwise been a straight shooter lately...still hard to forgive, though...so i'm on the fence...but it also has to be said that for however long he's w/ the pack, he'd be an upgrade.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said..
Moulds, Keyshawn, Randle El, TO, Porter, .... ARE too old or over priced or dont fit the WCO prototype. none of these guys would be signed for even close what we would pay for Krob, and everyone of these guys is older.

You forgot..they're not "Packer People" either! The real excuse is that TT missed the boat and you will do contortions trying to rationalize TT's mistakes. Keep it up, because it's hysterical.

You're telling me if TT doesn't sign KRob you wouldn't jump at any of the aforementioned players?

Right..

And TT ***** gumdrops and leaps over rainbows in a single bound...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just answer this.

DD, Moulds, Randle el, Fergy, and no money to sign players next year.
DD, Porter, Jennings, Fergy, and no money to sign players next year. with questionable talent. Porter isnt a sure thing to blow up for 1000 yards.

OR
DD, Krob, Jennings, Fergy 2 pro bowlers, a stud rookie and quality 4wr
with plenty of moola left over to resign key players like nick barnett. not to mention there is arguably just as much talent on the bottom option than either above it.

which one do you want. im guessing one of the first two with TO thrown in for good measure, because money is no object.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts