Koren Robinson suspended for year but..

Skum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ROBINSON SUSPENDED FOR A YEAR

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Packers receiver Koren Robinson has been notified of a one-year suspension by the NFL. The punishment is pending an appeal, but our guess is that Robinson's chances at prevailing are slim.

He served a four-game suspension in 2004, and was still in Stage 3 of the league's substance abuse program. Although his August 15 arrest for felony fleeing, DUI, and reckless driving was not, standing alone, a violation of the policy, it most likely was a violation of his treatment plan, indirectly triggering a "strike" under the policy -- and the one-year suspension.

The suspension also would give the Minnesota Vikings a strong argument regarding Robinson's grievance for a "significant" amount of the remainder of his three-year, $12.7 million contract. If Robinson is out for a year, he necessarily could not and would not have earned many of the paychecks that he now wants from the Vikings.

Robinson will be permitted to keep playing while the appeal is processed.

---
I guess all saw that coming, didnt really get why you guys signed him

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skum said:
ROBINSON SUSPENDED FOR A YEAR

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Packers receiver Koren Robinson has been notified of a one-year suspension by the NFL. The punishment is pending an appeal, but our guess is that Robinson's chances at prevailing are slim.

He served a four-game suspension in 2004, and was still in Stage 3 of the league's substance abuse program. Although his August 15 arrest for felony fleeing, DUI, and reckless driving was not, standing alone, a violation of the policy, it most likely was a violation of his treatment plan, indirectly triggering a "strike" under the policy -- and the one-year suspension.

The suspension also would give the Minnesota Vikings a strong argument regarding Robinson's grievance for a "significant" amount of the remainder of his three-year, $12.7 million contract. If Robinson is out for a year, he necessarily could not and would not have earned many of the paychecks that he now wants from the Vikings.

Robinson will be permitted to keep playing while the appeal is processed.

---
I guess all saw that coming, didnt really get why you guys signed him

Hey Skum (interesting name),

The way I understand it, his contract fits around any suspension. If he is out for a year, it picks up again when he comes back and is still in force for its full length. A brilliant move on the Packers part to get a former 1st rounder to help out in the future and a bit of a safety net for Robinson as well. I think two years from now it will be a big payoff for both sides.

Latest posts