Koren Robinson back in Jail

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we done yet?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hilarious graphic, but I realized that the guy's right hand somehow turns into a left hand after he reaches into the screen. :thumbsup:

And please, stop piling on Cali. He's a good poster on this board who has valid, albeit often not-in-line-with-the-majority, opinions.

So let's stop accusing each other of illiteracy and morondom, and get on with the Krob discussion. Thanks.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Hilarious graphic, but I realized that the guy's right hand somehow turns into a left hand after he reaches into the screen. :thumbsup:

Very astute observation!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Goodell is looking for a poster child for his program of having problem NFL players change their ways and act as model citizens and role models, Koren Robinson could just be the one.

Not to say that he didn't deserve the penalties he received, but as far as we know since he signed with the Packers he has complied with everything the league, the team and the courts have asked of him. He has kept his nose clean, he has stayed out of trouble, he has been honest and he has kept his mouth shut. In other words, it looks like he finally "Gets It". Hopefully that can continue.

If it does, I believe there's a good possibility that Goodell will re-instate him so that the Pacmans, Vicks and Tank Williams's of the league see that if you do what's right, the league will also do what's right.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Goodell is looking for a poster child for his program of having problem NFL players change their ways and act as model citizens and role models, Koren Robinson could just be the one.

Not to say that he didn't deserve the penalties he received, but as far as we know since he signed with the Packers he has complied with everything the league, the team and the courts have asked of him. He has kept his nose clean, he has stayed out of trouble, he has been honest and he has kept his mouth shut. In other words, it looks like he finally "Gets It". Hopefully that can continue.

If it does, I believe there's a good possibility that Goodell will re-instate him so that the Pacmans, Vicks and Tank Williams's of the league see that if you do what's right, the league will also do what's right.

Well said, Lare. Well said. Hope you're right and Krob is made into an example of how repeat-offense players can reform.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Here's where I get to enjoy telling you all, "I told you so."

Only a lowlife would take pleasure in another mans unfortunate situation.

I know you are better than that though, right?

I don't think you read the part of my sentence where enjoyment comes from "telling you all". I thought the direct object of the sentence was clearly not Mister Robinson.

I was not commenting on him but prior posts where I explained my opinion that the former Seahawk and viking would not be a member of the 2007 Packers and that fans should not have an expectation of him having a contract.

We have no idea what circumstances lead to his current removal from society.
Therefore, pleasure cannot be obtained from it.

Rather than explaining direct objects of a sentence and other grammar, I could have brought forward again the numerous Koren Robinson posts but that would be too redundant and excessive.

Perhaps you could PM me on the source of your attitude.

Gosh, you wrote a lot there and I wish I had the interest to read it. Luckily, I do not. [The choice to be willfully ignorant is yours, Zero]

However, to add to this topic...
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Robinson resumes sentence in Minnesota
Koren Robinson's latest incarceration in Minnesota is part of his previous sentence and not new legal issues against the banished Packers receiver, the Nicollet County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday night.

Robinson, cut by the Minnesota Vikings after a drunken driving arrest during training camp a year ago, had been transferred to Brown County Jail in April to serve 45 days of a 90-day jail sentence on ankle monitoring and working at a local hospital. He was readmitted to Nicollet County Jail on July 18, a sheriff's office spokesman said, and is scheduled to be released Aug. 2. That likely will complete the sentence he began serving near Minneapolis from March 9 to April 7.

Robinson received two 90-day sentences after the arrest -- including one for violating probation stemming from a 2005 drunken-driving arrest in Washington state -- but was expected to serve them concurrently.

The Pioneer Press first reported late Wednesday afternoon that Robinson was in jail in St. Peter, Minn., where last August he started police on a high-speed chase that ended near the Vikings' training camp in Mankato, Minn. After the Vikings released him 11 days later, Robinson signed a two-year deal with the Packers and played in two games while awaiting and then appealing his one-year NFL ban.

Robinson can apply for reinstatement no sooner than Sept. 18 and, if reinstated, would be under contract through 2008.

— Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

Now, I am no genius, but that reads to me that there is not a new charge and he is simply fulfilling his responsibility of jail time.
I would suppose the 'told u so' dance would have to be put on hold.

It is difficult to communicate with someone who does not know what a direct object of a sentence is and has trouble reading.

As I told you before, so i get to say I told you so, Koren Robinson is extremely unlikely to be a member of the Packers this season.

That has nothing to do with his current incarceration or your insults. A literate person would comprehend that.

Robinson is ineligible to play in the NFL so further discussion is academic.

While some may be awed by the great career and wonderful statistics of Koren Robison it is my opinion that Packer management is not. The improvement in the Packer receiving corp puts his desirability to Packers in doubt should the unlikely restoration of his eligibility occur this season. Cutting one of the Packers final roster receivers to add Robinson would be a mistake.

CaliforniaCheez, please, PLEASE do not allow your youngster to reply again in this thread. It's just not fair representation for ya bud. It's making ya look gosh darn silly!

You jumped the gun on ya little dancy dance and got called out on it. So what? :shrug:

Cheer up! Training camp is just around the corner!! w00t

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Are we done yet?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And please, stop piling on Cali. He's a good poster on this board who has valid, albeit often not-in-line-with-the-majority, opinions.

So let's stop accusing each other of illiteracy and morondom, and get on with the Krob discussion. Thanks.

I heard that Koren Robinson can't read.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I had with my last paragraph.

It was written to move the discussion forward.
I will not be the first to comment upon it.

Since long posts tend not to get read let me attempt to be brief.

1) Robinson is not an NFL player.
2) It is questionable if he will be this season or any season.
3) Which season opening roster WR should be cut to add Robinson in the unlikely events that he is eligible to return to the league and the Packers add him to the roster?
4) Is the level of play worth the risk further suspension and loss of a young WR?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I had with my last paragraph.

It was written to move the discussion forward.
I will not be the first to comment upon it.

Since long posts tend not to get read let me attempt to be brief.

3) Which season opening roster WR should be cut to add Robinson in the unlikely events that he is eligible to return to the league and the Packers add him to the roster?
4) Is the level of play worth the risk further suspension and loss of a young WR?

1) true
2) true
3)Since the season hasnt started yet, cant really answer it? But who says it will be a WR that has to be cut?
4) Has he been clean since he was suspended? Has he shown the ability to remain responsible in drinking? Only the people involved with him internally can really answer those.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1 - True
2 - True
3 - doesn't necessarily have to be a WR, just a player. If we're having serious problems in our return game and our 3rd WR is struggling, by all means, if he's sobered up, I'd lose the 53rd man (it's 53, right?)
4 - please see my answer to #3

Two people I have tremendous respect for are former alcoholics. People can change. Sometimes, you have to either hit the bottom or realize there's something worth living for before an alcoholic realizes they need to clean up their ways. It can be done.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was no new offense. This is the time he was set to do from the DD, fleeing arrest last year.

He's still on track for possible reinstatement in September.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How sad is it that I didn't even blink an eye when I read the title. Between Pac-Man, Tank, the entire Bengals organization, and now Vick, there isn't anything I wouldn't expect anymore.

That being said, I am extremely glad Koren is doing well and complying. And as some have mentioned earlier, Goodell should mention Koren as someone who broke the law, suffered the consequences, then earned his way back onto the field.

I really hope he can make the team after the suspension. With our running game in doubt, and a bunch of rookies for backup receivers, it would be nice to have more experience on the field. Favre trusts him with the ball, and Koren repeatedly caught for first downs.

Let's hope he's playing in January for us.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Koren Robinson WILL be an NFL player again.

2) That is less of a question every day he complies.

3) He will take over the roster spot of another wide receiver that is not as talented as he is (or can contribute on kickoffs like he can).

4) His level of compliance with the suspension will determine the risk of reinstatement.

Since Koren Robinson has been a member of the Green Bay Packers he has done everything asked of him by his team and the league. He isn't pretending or making excuses or trying to ******** the public. I've not heard a single "look at me" statement or action out the guy compared to so many others. He's been given a line and he's walked it.

I've said this before but if your betting against this guy now you've got the wrong side of the bet. RECOVERING alcoholics reach a wake up point and once they have gone as long as this guy has the odds are very good for him.

At least a whole lot better than some here project.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've just got a bad feeling Koren isn't going to reinstated after watching Odell get rejected along with no explanation as to why.

Unless there is something Odell did that the public isn't aware of that made Goodell give him another season, I don't have a lot of hope for Koren being let back in. Odell has one DUI under his belt, and he's going to be gone a minimum of two years. Koren currently has two, and despite doing everything that was asked of him, it wouldn't surprise me if Goodell denied Koren too.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I've just got a bad feeling Koren isn't going to reinstated after watching Odell get rejected along with no explanation as to why.

Unless there is something Odell did that the public isn't aware of that made Goodell give him another season, I don't have a lot of hope for Koren being let back in. Odell has one DUI under his belt, and he's going to be gone a minimum of two years. Koren currently has two, and despite doing everything that was asked of him, it wouldn't surprise me if Goodell denied Koren too.
Odell keeps ******** up.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Excellent post. He's been laying low and staying out of trouble. He hasn't complained about anything and he's basically taking this like a man. He's accepting his responsibility. If he keeps it up I think he'll be let back in sometime this season. Probably Week 8 or so.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Here's where I get to enjoy telling you all, "I told you so."

Only a lowlife would take pleasure in another mans unfortunate situation.

I know you are better than that though, right?

I don't think you read the part of my sentence where enjoyment comes from "telling you all". I thought the direct object of the sentence was clearly not Mister Robinson.

I was not commenting on him but prior posts where I explained my opinion that the former Seahawk and viking would not be a member of the 2007 Packers and that fans should not have an expectation of him having a contract.

We have no idea what circumstances lead to his current removal from society.
Therefore, pleasure cannot be obtained from it.

Rather than explaining direct objects of a sentence and other grammar, I could have brought forward again the numerous Koren Robinson posts but that would be too redundant and excessive.

Perhaps you could PM me on the source of your attitude.

Gosh, you wrote a lot there and I wish I had the interest to read it. Luckily, I do not. [The choice to be willfully ignorant is yours, Zero]

However, to add to this topic...
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Robinson resumes sentence in Minnesota
Koren Robinson's latest incarceration in Minnesota is part of his previous sentence and not new legal issues against the banished Packers receiver, the Nicollet County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday night.

Robinson, cut by the Minnesota Vikings after a drunken driving arrest during training camp a year ago, had been transferred to Brown County Jail in April to serve 45 days of a 90-day jail sentence on ankle monitoring and working at a local hospital. He was readmitted to Nicollet County Jail on July 18, a sheriff's office spokesman said, and is scheduled to be released Aug. 2. That likely will complete the sentence he began serving near Minneapolis from March 9 to April 7.

Robinson received two 90-day sentences after the arrest -- including one for violating probation stemming from a 2005 drunken-driving arrest in Washington state -- but was expected to serve them concurrently.

The Pioneer Press first reported late Wednesday afternoon that Robinson was in jail in St. Peter, Minn., where last August he started police on a high-speed chase that ended near the Vikings' training camp in Mankato, Minn. After the Vikings released him 11 days later, Robinson signed a two-year deal with the Packers and played in two games while awaiting and then appealing his one-year NFL ban.

Robinson can apply for reinstatement no sooner than Sept. 18 and, if reinstated, would be under contract through 2008.

— Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

Now, I am no genius, but that reads to me that there is not a new charge and he is simply fulfilling his responsibility of jail time.
I would suppose the 'told u so' dance would have to be put on hold.

It is difficult to communicate with someone who does not know what a direct object of a sentence is and has trouble reading.

As I told you before, so i get to say I told you so, Koren Robinson is extremely unlikely to be a member of the Packers this season.

That has nothing to do with his current incarceration or your insults. A literate person would comprehend that.

Robinson is ineligible to play in the NFL so further discussion is academic.

While some may be awed by the great career and wonderful statistics of Koren Robison it is my opinion that Packer management is not. The improvement in the Packer receiving corp puts his desirability to Packers in doubt should the unlikely restoration of his eligibility occur this season. Cutting one of the Packers final roster receivers to add Robinson would be a mistake.

Thread Title: Koren Robinson back in Jail

You open with saying "Here's where..."

People aren't responding critically to your original post because of the direct object "you." I'm pretty sure everyone gets that you're telling all of the posters here who thinks he'll be back that we're wrong. Well actually telling people that they're wrong can set them off but that's beside the point. The point is, you wait to see a thread discussing Robinson is back in jail and make a bold statement in indirectly claiming this is the final decisive factor, Robinson is for sure gone (something is still up in the air because this jail story isn't actually anything new and beforehand it was still up in the air). You also tell us that you gain pleasure from telling us we're wrong. There are two things wrong with that. First, grow up, even if you are right (in any circumstance) you don't have to gloat about it. Second, when your being right depends on the misfortune of another you should never be happy about it, ever. So drop the English lesson and get over yourself. Any Packer fan should be hoping for the best for Robinson, even if they think he won't be reinstated or make the team.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and then I see that there is a whole 2nd page where everyone has cooled down. Nevermind, I feel like a **** now.

As for Koren,

I'm hoping if nothing else he can make it as a returner for us, he used to be a very good one.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's actually a simple explanation for this. Odell broke the rules so Goodell told him he had to go.

Which now makes him a Go-Odell doesn't it?

Which means they are related and that really ****** Goodell off so he KEEPS suspending poor Odell.

So now you have the real story.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be premature to ask this, but any updates? Is Koren coming back to us?
All we really know is Koren is complying with the conditions of his suspension, has stayed out of trouble, and can officially apply for reinstatement on September 18.

Speaking of Odell, apparently the guy missed a meeting with his probation officer, which violated his probation, and hence his extended suspension. It at least makes sense as to why Goodell extended Thurman's suspension, and I feel much better about Koren's chances now, because at first I thought there was no major reason behind Odell's extended suspension other than his initial transgressions that got him suspended in the first place.

I'm sure Koren is going to file his reinstatement paperwork sometime this month just to make sure it gets in on time. Thurmans filed his about a month in advance too. Goodell roughly takes about 2 weeks to review applications for reinstatement, so I'm hoping we'll hear something on Koren's reinstatement by early October at the latest.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
This may be premature to ask this, but any updates? Is Koren coming back to us?
All we really know is Koren is complying with the conditions of his suspension, has stayed out of trouble, and can officially apply for reinstatement on September 18.

Speaking of Odell, apparently the guy missed a meeting with his probation officer, which violated his probation, and hence his extended suspension. It at least makes sense as to why Goodell extended Thurman's suspension, and I feel much better about Koren's chances now, because at first I thought there was no major reason behind Odell's extended suspension other than his initial transgressions that got him suspended in the first place.

I'm sure Koren is going to file his reinstatement paperwork sometime this month just to make sure it gets in on time. Thurmans filed his about a month in advance too. Goodell roughly takes about 2 weeks to review applications for reinstatement, so I'm hoping we'll hear something on Koren's reinstatement by early October at the latest.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts