Koren Robinson back in Jail

Reaction score
As his former teammates prepare for training camp, former Vikings receiver Koren Robinson isn't too far from Mankato.

He's sitting in the Nicollet County Jail in St. Peter, just north of Mankato.

The Nicollet County Sheriff's office confirmed to my colleague Tad Vezner that Robinson was admitted into the jail on July 18, and he is set to be released on Aug. 2.

Robinson was released last year, 11 days after he was arrested following a high-speed chase that ended near the Minnesota State (Mankato) campus. Robinson was charged with a felony count of fleeing a police officer, two misdemeanor charges of fourth-degree driving while impaired, and misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, careless driving and driving after his North Carolina license was suspended.

Source

While the reason for arrest is unclear, it is sad to see Koren back in the slammer.

Hopefully it isn't for anything alcohol related.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hmmm any offense probably will draw more suspension time for breaking the player conduct policy... he has been arrested several times...

Crossing fingers that it is just time he needed to serve in regards to last year... with a set date of release that sounds possible.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crossing fingers that it is just time he needed to serve in regards to last year... with a set date of release that sounds possible.

Kinda thought that myself, 93. Sounds like he's serving some make-up time that maybe took a while for anybody to notice that he hadn't served yet.

The word admitted is what has me thinking that. Well, more like hoping and praying...

Hopefully it's just some hack journalist's attempt at a breaking news story.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this news? I thought he was due to serve some jail time anyway. I don't think it's hack journalism, though. The writer is just reporting a fact: Koren Robinson is in jail.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Is this news? I thought he was due to serve some jail time anyway. I don't think it's hack journalism, though. The writer is just reporting a fact: Koren Robinson is in jail.

Wasn't trying to offend anyone there, my bad if I did. Due to the context, I felt as if its leading the readers to believe that he committed yet another crime. That would be 'hack' or 'bush league' to me if it was just to create some noise, when there was in fact no extra offense.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no indication whatsoever that Robinson committed any new crimes. This is just a note from a Viking web site stating that Robinson is in jail. They explain the reason why he is there, which is that he broke the law last year. I'm no fan of the guy, but jeez....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Here's where I get to enjoy telling you all, "I told you so."

Only a lowlife would take pleasure in another mans unfortunate situation.

I know you are better than that though, right?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

I don't think you read the part of my sentence where enjoyment comes from "telling you all". I thought the direct object of the sentence was clearly not Mister Robinson.

I was not commenting on him but prior posts where I explained my opinion that the former Seahawk and viking would not be a member of the 2007 Packers and that fans should not have an expectation of him having a contract.

We have no idea what circumstances lead to his current removal from society.
Therefore, pleasure cannot be obtained from it.

Rather than explaining direct objects of a sentence and other grammar, I could have brought forward again the numerous Koren Robinson posts but that would be too redundant and excessive.

Perhaps you could PM me on the source of your attitude.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!

(jk, relax fellows, training camp is here. hold the crappy attitudes for when we get our first loss in week 12, then we can all smite each other)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

I don't think you read the part of my sentence where enjoyment comes from "telling you all". I thought the direct object of the sentence was clearly not Mister Robinson.

I was not commenting on him but prior posts where I explained my opinion that the former Seahawk and viking would not be a member of the 2007 Packers and that fans should not have an expectation of him having a contract.

Rather than explaining direct objects of a sentence and other grammar, I could have brought forward again the numerous Koren Robinson posts but that would be too redundant and excessive.

Gosh, you wrote a lot there and I wish I had the interest to read it. Luckily, I do not.

However, to add to this topic...
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Robinson resumes sentence in Minnesota
Koren Robinson's latest incarceration in Minnesota is part of his previous sentence and not new legal issues against the banished Packers receiver, the Nicollet County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday night.

Robinson, cut by the Minnesota Vikings after a drunken driving arrest during training camp a year ago, had been transferred to Brown County Jail in April to serve 45 days of a 90-day jail sentence on ankle monitoring and working at a local hospital. He was readmitted to Nicollet County Jail on July 18, a sheriff's office spokesman said, and is scheduled to be released Aug. 2. That likely will complete the sentence he began serving near Minneapolis from March 9 to April 7.

Robinson received two 90-day sentences after the arrest -- including one for violating probation stemming from a 2005 drunken-driving arrest in Washington state -- but was expected to serve them concurrently.

The Pioneer Press first reported late Wednesday afternoon that Robinson was in jail in St. Peter, Minn., where last August he started police on a high-speed chase that ended near the Vikings' training camp in Mankato, Minn. After the Vikings released him 11 days later, Robinson signed a two-year deal with the Packers and played in two games while awaiting and then appealing his one-year NFL ban.

Robinson can apply for reinstatement no sooner than Sept. 18 and, if reinstated, would be under contract through 2008.

— Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

Now, I am no genius, but that reads to me that there is not a new charge and he is simply fulfilling his responsibility of jail time.
I would suppose the 'told u so' dance would have to be put on hold.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Gosh, you wrote a lot there and I wish I had the interest to read it. Luckily, I do not.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Koren Robinson's latest incarceration in Minnesota is part of his previous sentence and not new legal issues against the banished Packers receiver, the Nicollet County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday night.

Robinson, cut by the Minnesota Vikings after a drunken driving arrest during training camp a year ago, had been transferred to Brown County Jail in April to serve 45 days of a 90-day jail sentence on ankle monitoring and working at a local hospital. He was readmitted to Nicollet County Jail on July 18, a sheriff's office spokesman said, and is scheduled to be released Aug. 2. That likely will complete the sentence he began serving near Minneapolis from March 9 to April 7.

Robinson received two 90-day sentences after the arrest -- including one for violating probation stemming from a 2005 drunken-driving arrest in Washington state -- but was expected to serve them concurrently.

The Pioneer Press first reported late Wednesday afternoon that Robinson was in jail in St. Peter, Minn., where last August he started police on a high-speed chase that ended near the Vikings' training camp in Mankato, Minn. After the Vikings released him 11 days later, Robinson signed a two-year deal with the Packers and played in two games while awaiting and then appealing his one-year NFL ban.

Robinson can apply for reinstatement no sooner than Sept. 18 and, if reinstated, would be under contract through 2008.

Now, I am no genius, but that reads to me that there is not a new charge and he is simply fulfilling his responsibility of jail time.

PWNED!!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....we get our first loss in week 12, then we can all smite each other)

trom, glad to see that you still have a sense of humor.
first loss, week 12...bwahaaa... and against Detroit :rotflmao:

Seriously, I have always liked K-Rob and was very sad at his addiction problem. He is an excellent WR, and I hope overcomes his problem and does well.

Koren Robinson's current incarceration is not the result of new charges, it is part of his previous sentence.

USA Today July 25th 2007

Packersnews July 25th 2007

chortle...gasp... excuse me, trom's statement still has me LMAO

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's good to see him taking care of his responsibilities. That's all you can really ask for at this point in time. He's stayed out of trouble for the last 10+ months of his suspension. Hopefully he can stay that way till September 18 and afterwards.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
California Cheeze posted: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Here's where I get to enjoy telling you all, "I told you so."

"
-CC- I guess you are including me as one of those "you all", in your post above. I don't know if You - CC , can say to knowledgeable Packer fans : "I told you so" ,at least not very often about things going on with the Green Bay Packers .And I consider myself to be one of those knowledgeable Packer fans . And We, Packer fans never quite learning.

I have been following my hometown Green Bay Packers very closely since around 1945 . I was born and raised on the east side of Green Bay just four blocks from old City Stadium. And since 1969, I have lived in Suburb of Green Bay, DePere, which is 5 miles from Lambeau Field.

CC- Be careful when you brag , when you are posting on a packer forum, there are some really knowledgeable Packer fans out here, who know "a thing or two "about this Green Bay Packer franchise. more than not, possess a lot more knowledge of the Packers than even you might have.

Remember Koren Robinson is alcoholic. It take a lot of Discipline for Alcoholic to stay clean. It can be done. I have two friends who have done it and have been "off booze" for many years.!!! Let us hope Koren Robinson is successful. not just for his football career in NFL but Koren has a whole life time ahead of him. Living to drink makes for a horrible life for the person involved and people that love him!!! He has been given a last chance by Packer GM Ted Thompson here in Gteen Bay. let us hope he is successful at taking advantage with opportunities he has been given!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I think zero has the "ownage" of the year....

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

I know I was expecting alot out of him last year. As you can see our receiver position is not very strong. He was going to be the next Chris Carter. We got Carter for nothing and Robinson too. He was going to be our number one receiver. Then it all came crashing down one night.
I wish him well and I hope he can get his career back on track.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Well it looks like KRob won't be playing any time soon. As long as Commisioner Castro, ...I mean Goodell, stays consistent....

Thurman out at least another year

I read the article and it appears that Thurman was not a model citizen during his year. I am sure there is more to it.

In KRob's case, He has not been in ANY trouble since the suspesion.

I also think that there is so much that rides on Goodell's conversation with him during the reinstatement process. If the person is not sincerely sorry for his mistakes then I don't think Goodell will reinstate him

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren Robinson has done everything asked of him. Period.

Anyone betting against him because of his PAST past is betting on the wrong side. Anyone betting on him because of his RECENT past is in far better shape to be a winner.

KRob is TELLING you HE GET'S IT. Not in words but in how he has handled himself during this suspension.

Because of the length of time he has gone WITHOUT alcohol to this point bodes very well for someone in this process. The percentages of success for those that have been free of booze this long is much greater and it gets higher every day.

I look for his football to improve just like his life. He won't be taking anything for granted that's for sure. Not as close to being done as he came.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Gosh, you wrote a lot there and I wish I had the interest to read it. Luckily, I do not. [The choice to be willfully ignorant is yours, Zero]

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It is difficult to communicate with someone who does not know what a direct object of a sentence is and has trouble reading.

As I told you before, so i get to say I told you so, Koren Robinson is extremely unlikely to be a member of the Packers this season.

That has nothing to do with his current incarceration or your insults. A literate person would comprehend that.

Robinson is ineligible to play in the NFL so further discussion is academic.

While some may be awed by the great career and wonderful statistics of Koren Robison it is my opinion that Packer management is not. The improvement in the Packer receiving corp puts his desirability to Packers in doubt should the unlikely restoration of his eligibility occur this season. Cutting one of the Packers final roster receivers to add Robinson would be a mistake.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Zero2Cool said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Gosh, you wrote a lot there and I wish I had the interest to read it. Luckily, I do not. [The choice to be willfully ignorant is yours, Zero]

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It is difficult to communicate with someone who does not know what a direct object of a sentence is and has trouble reading.

As I told you before, so i get to say I told you so, Koren Robinson is extremely unlikely to be a member of the Packers this season.

That has nothing to do with his current incarceration or your insults. A literate person would comprehend that.

Robinson is ineligible to play in the NFL so further discussion is academic.

While some may be awed by the great career and wonderful statistics of Koren Robison it is my opinion that Packer management is not. The improvement in the Packer receiving corp puts his desirability to Packers in doubt should the unlikely restoration of his eligibility occur this season. Cutting one of the Packers final roster receivers to add Robinson would be a mistake.

Cheez . . . you're rotten. Geeeeeeez. Mr. Grammer doctor. You're obviously admitting you're way too intelligent to communicate with half the people on this board, so feel free to stop trying . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts